Greetings all, I have not posted in some time.  Have been lurking but things have been fine Taurus wise. 

My question is very general.  Have had the 95 wagon for 3 years 2 months and have it up to 145364 miles.  That's about 56K in my hands.  The transmission was redone when purchased and its been just normal maintenance so far.  What is the expected lifespan for the Vulcan V6?  Just curious.  It still averages 22-24 MPG on the highway loaded up with gear and dogs on the weekend trips to the shore.  I love this car.

One more question,  I was given the opportunity to purchase an 05 wagon from a friend and they let us use it for one of our trips.  Our 95 loaded up does not even sag, the 05 looked like we had a hippo in the rear.  Did they cheap out on the suspension on the next generation?

As always, thanks!

The 01 to 07 Taurus Vulcan engines can last a life time just change oil frequently I'm not sure about the the wagon versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vulcan engine is practically bulletproof as long as you keep up with the maintenance. I beat the crap out of mine for 107,000 miles (current mileage 177,xxx) and it is still running strong.

Saggy Ass Syndrome (SAS) is a common thing on gen 3 and 4 cars. The only way to fix it is to put heavy duty springs in the rear.

• Like 2

Ford cheapened out on everything on the Gen 4 towards the end. So in 2005 Ford already decided to axe the Taurus lineup, and only kept it going for 2 more years to finish up inventory as fleet only. The 95 was way better equipped and built, sadly rust here destroys anything. But I've seen Vulcans last well over 200k long as you keep up with maintenance and don't go cheap on parts for them.

Thanks all, I will continue to keep up on it's mechanical needs and lucky for me it was a garage kept car most of it's life so rust is limited to the bottom door seams.  Stopped  or slowed it down with a good sanding and POR15.