• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at TaurusOwners@gmail.com and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaybrooks

Coolant temp sensor or sender which is it ??

11 posts in this topic

So this past weekend I've been upgrading and repairing my Taurus and I'm trying to solve a problem with the temperature when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway or street the temp gauge goes up (but not overheat ) then I hear a grinding noise and it goes back down i replaced the my radiator,condenser, water pump radiator relay fuse , thermostat, now I bought coolant temp sensor and sender. I bought them from autozone and Oreilly when the mechanic put them on the fans stayed on and my temp gauge didn't work so the conclusion is that the temp sensor and/or sender didn't work and he put the old ones on but now the temp gauge is still doing the same thing so my question is ; is it the temp sensor or sender that malfunctioning ?or is it something else ? 95526ea77298029d2bbcd7f07dc608c0.jpg coolent temp sensor

901495aabea6987be4a186f8c117d363.jpg sender

360f587acb79691df803001837d35a07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its the sender that's the problem,  but your holding the sensor 

I'm holding the old sender but the autozone/Oreilly one did not work so do I have to buy OEM from Ford ?

sounds like it 

So what is the grinding noise I hear when the temperature goes up ? And is safe to go long distance with it still doing that ?

you change out the water pump at all?

you change out the water pump at all?

Yes last year

water pump could be the grinding noise.... but the sound could be something else in the beil train. 

I replaced the water pump last year before my accident after the accident it didn't seem that the water pump was effected

water pump could be the grinding noise.... but the sound could be something else in the beil train. 

I would have to take the engine apart and see ?

The grinding noise is the fans going so fast to cool down the engine mybe after my accident my water pump that I bought new mybe went bad when I drove it home that day of the accident I'll have my mechanic check