• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated. As always, we appreciate ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $1,000.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. You are always free to make a standard donation towards the forums, but if you aren't already a paid member, your donation can include extra benefits!   Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
Bull Geek

Southeast Spring Meet March 11-12, 2017

96 posts in this topic

Sorry to ask but want everyone to be aware.

1) rain is eminent for Sunday.  Please pack/prepare accordingly. Temperature is down 20 degrees or more from the normal high. Dress warm and bring rain jackets, etc.

2) I don't have a lot of seats/places to sit. I have 5 chairs inside my home, 1 rocking chair, and a couple of camping chairs. If you have a spare- please bring along.

with the weather - I have one "bay" on the gravel under lean to if you have any repairs/work. I can pull out 66 and make room for one more. The garage is jammed packed full. I can also pull car out of carport at house. So I really only have room for 3 work stations out of the rain.

hopefully rain will subside and people won't have to worry about when/where to work. Just please plan accordingly.

look forward to seeing everyone!

A little rain hasn't stopped us before.

I'll try and bring some extra bag chairs in case anyone needs one.

Made it home safe and sound, and very tired.  People were driving like idiots on 81. I guess everyone wants to get home before the snow starts.

Called my boss and found out there's no service tomorrow. Buses and company cars are all being put inside for the night and we all get a paid day off.  

I can sleep and do laundry. 

As always, it was great to see everyone again. But we have to stop having these meets during weather events. So far we've had flood, hurricane and snow. 

Can't wait to see what October has in store ! 

7 people like this

The Moldmaster and I made it home! That car is a great highway cruiser.

Really had a great time meeting everyone and had tons of fun. Thank you again Nick for inviting us over! Btw, +1 for having meets with good weather :P

4 people like this

6 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

The Moldmaster and I made it home! That car is a great highway cruiser.

Really had a great time meeting everyone and had tons of fun. Thank you again Nick for inviting us over! Btw, +1 for having meets with good weather :P

And Iced Tea

3 people like this

My front yard this morning, and it's still snowing.  I'll take the SC snow over this any day...

WP_20170314_002.jpg

5 people like this

It was great seeing everyone and meeting new folks!  I hope I wasn't too loud and brash.  And Kevin I apologize about your sinuses and iced tea.

"You flooring Chris' SHO caused the Roadmaster to throw the Check Engine light" - Sean

5 people like this

The beauty of Southern Snow is it goes away pretty quickly... Northern snow sticks around. I feel bad that the Roadmaster has been exposed to salt :(

Also, on the topic of iced tea...

20170314_094236.png

2 people like this

Hey Dave!  

I enjoyed the weekend so much and visiting with everyone.  I just apologize I held everyone up on Saturday at the barbecue place.  I really wanna thank Anthony(Gentz) for unlocking the Nav on my car and letting me have a nav card so it would work.  Thanks to Nick for always being a great host and for his help tearing apart that poor Impala at pullapart.   Thanks to Paul for letting me borrow his tools and helping with the Impala as well.  Kevin for getting mad at it and ripping it the rest of the way apart.  Sean for filming cash Taurus in the snow and throwing things at the Impala to keep it distracted while we ripped it apart.   Thanks everyone for letting me drive your cars.  Sorry Dave for nearly taking out that tree with your Edge...glad you decided we might not ought to do that.   And just a general thank you to everyone for being good people.  It's hard to find a group as fun and good as we are.   It was a most excellent time.  I'm probably forgetting something.  Can't wait to do it again.  Oh and thank yewww Dave for just being you.  I enjoyed our shenanigans.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hey Dave!  

I enjoyed the weekend so much and visiting with everyone.  I just apologize I held everyone up on Saturday at the barbecue place.  I really wanna thank Anthony(Gentz) for unlocking the Nav on my car and letting me have a nav card so it would work.  Thanks to Nick for always being a great host and for his help tearing apart that poor Impala at pullapart.   Thanks to Paul for letting me borrow his tools and helping with the Impala as well.  Kevin for getting mad at it and ripping it the rest of the way apart.  Sean for filming cash Taurus in the snow and throwing things at the Impala to keep it distracted while we ripped it apart.   Thanks everyone for letting me drive your cars.  Sorry Dave for nearly taking out that tree with your Edge...glad you decided we might not ought to do that.   And just a general thank you to everyone for being good people.  It's hard to find a group as fun and good as we are.   It was a most excellent time.  I'm probably forgetting something.  Can't wait to do it again.  Oh and thank yewww Dave for just being you.  I enjoyed our shenanigans.

Sounds like an awesome time!

I was going to upload the footage of Sean driving through this puddle creating a huge spray, but I found out my dashcam hasn't been loop recording properly. The type I have is a capacitor model, and it fully discharged and reset the time over a month ago, so it thought it was 2014. It only records over old footage. The footage on it previously was from February 2017. Essentially it kept recording over the same three minute file for at least two weeks. I'd be SOL if something happened.

Anyway, I enjoyed the meet a lot. Really wish I could have also made it up on Saturday, but coming for Sunday still made it great. Hopefully when the next one rolls around I won't be playing the whole thing by ear.

Hopefully next time the weather is a bit more regular. No one would ever expect this to be March in South Carolina:

5Fyfalt.jpg

Sure it was gone by mid-afternoon, but still irregular. I feel the next meet should have reasonable weather. We can just blame Brian for bringing that Midwestern cold. It could have been avoided if he brought a four door car! :P

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

I was going to upload the footage of Sean driving through this puddle creating a huge spray, but I found out my dashcam hasn't been loop recording properly. The type I have is a capacitor model, and it fully discharged and reset the time over a month ago, so it thought it was 2014. It only records over old footage. The footage on it previously was from February 2017. Essentially it kept recording over the same three minute file for at least two weeks. I'd be SOL if something happened.

Anyway, I enjoyed the meet a lot. Really wish I could have also made it up on Saturday, but coming for Sunday still made it great. Hopefully when the next one rolls around I won't be playing the whole thing by ear.

Hopefully next time the weather is a bit more regular. No one would ever expect this to be March in South Carolina:

5Fyfalt.jpg

Sure it was gone by mid-afternoon, but still irregular. I feel the next meet should have reasonable weather. We can just blame Brian for bringing that Midwestern cold. It could have been avoided if he brought a four door car! :P

But who was it that just came to one of these meets for the first time, from up north? I blame Kevin. 

Took this picture on Friday.  4 people were there (Nick, Sean, Anthony and myself).  12 cars...all FoMoCo.

4.jpg

And by the way a huge THANK YOU to Nick (aka Bull Geek aka "Red") for his hospitality.  I'm sorry we trashed the floor of your house and I may have left major mud pits when drifting into your lawn at speed during the Exploder's last drive.  I'm also a little sorry for taking your ice cream cone out of your hands and eating it myself at dinner Friday.

Your southern hospitality is second to none.

giphy (1).gif

1 minute ago, daveromanjr said:

And by the way a huge THANK YOU to Nick (aka Bull Geek aka "Red") for his hospitality.  I'm sorry we trashed the floor of your house and I may have left major mud pits when drifting into your lawn at speed during the Exploder's last drive.  Your southern hospitality is second to none.

giphy (1).gif

Yes Nick Thank you! But If Sean would of GOTTEN THE SWIFFER!

It would not of been so bad.

Thanks for having us all Nick!

And for letting us do hoodrat shit in your neighborhood

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

But who was it that just came to one of these meets for the first time, from up north? I blame Kevin. 

You drove a convertable anticipating having the top down the whole time. Clearly your fault. :)

3 people like this

One of the best parts of this weekend, to which I think Kevin agrees, was when we made a young newly-licensed driver's day with the surprise of delivering his first car. :D

IMG_2334.thumb.JPG.05dfa5ee53d857d531a158eb272ddbeb.JPG

IMG_2335.thumb.JPG.894f680f15b376bafd259e9ccea976c2.JPG

IMG_2358.thumb.JPG.5ebfc3319afff1b8b8abf35cd7e8dac3.JPG

And of course, Kevin finally got his hands on a SBC powered RWD giant station wagon, just like he's always wanted. :P

IMG_2343.thumb.JPG.e53359acdd182993409d209f2489860e.JPG

IMG_2344.thumb.JPG.c93d08186a8fdc5d0ddc1f737d79f407.JPG

IMG_2340.thumb.JPG.4cbed9cb29ba6ec03e4e896270135f61.JPG

This year's spring meet was a lot of fun with familiar faces (and some new ones too). 

IMG_2337.thumb.JPG.c5801592a708dbf03add4432a29e88a7.JPG

Nothing but 100% responsible and legal driving was done. Honest. :ph34r:

IMG_2363.thumb.JPG.a0711285f6d44a7a614ad93296c82b12.JPG

IMG_2378.thumb.JPG.80baeefd35ceb35bad21ee940917310c.JPG

IMG_2373.thumb.JPG.0b99d89d52ab62a4b421844661d9925e.JPG

IMG_2357.thumb.JPG.10fabec7e24deaed6a7b59cacfd4f0c2.JPG

IMG_2381.thumb.JPG.bd0852f1fbc20b9483c00b98046c230a.JPG

IMG_2380.thumb.JPG.f104635de03d1686f55eb8e0a32bddf6.JPG

And the weather going home was fine... until we passed Louisville, at least. Spotting the only McLaren 720S currently on US soil was pretty cool and almost made the 5 hours of snowy driving hell worth it. Almost. 

3 people like this

Snow started for me mid-Kentucky, and continued until I made it home, but the only area bad enough to warrant slowing down was Toledo, which was two-tracks going 45mph and a FREEWAY CLOSED detour.... <_<

I hit rain just past Atlanta and pretty much rained all the way home from there....except in Tupelo.  I managed to find a break in the rain and took the opportunity to see where Elvis was born.  Then got back on the highway bound for Memphis.

VZM.IMG_20170313_172711.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_171925.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_180217.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_181036.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_180825.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_175955.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170313_180142.jpg

I was fortunate to not hit any bad weather going home. But a lot of people were driving hell bent for leather to get home before the storm hit.  Got home at 4, snow started at 9.