Sign in to follow this  
Jaybrooks

Radiators

Can a 2002 Ford Taurus/sable radiator that uses the orange coolant can be drained and put inside of 2001 Ford Taurus and use green coolant ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's orange it is contaminated with rust and needs to be replaced. It should be yellow. The yellow stuff is Ford's long life coolant.

I have the green stuff in my car right now even though it's spec'd for the yellow stuff. Hasn't caused any issues. Just have to make sure the old stuff is flushed out good first.

• Like 1

If it's orange it is contaminated with rust and needs to be replaced. It should be yellow. The yellow stuff is Ford's long life coolant.

I have the green stuff in my car right now even though it's spec'd for the yellow stuff. Hasn't caused any issues. Just have to make sure the old stuff is flushed out good first.

That tag on the coolant reservoir is orange? But cool Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic of the cap maybe? I thought Ford specs specifically stated to not use the orange stuff.....

I will have to look into this.

5 hours ago, Angrod said:

Pic of the cap maybe? I thought Ford specs specifically stated to not use the orange stuff.....

I will have to look into this.

Yeah the orange is typically GM specific DEXCOOL. Do NOT use that in your Taurus. Cheapo Parts house brand Green is more than adequate