Good afternoon my name is Clarence and am very happy to be a part of this club. I have a 2006 taurus sel 3.0 that just dos,ent want to idle.Rest your foot gently on the accelerator and purrs like a kitten ,remove your foot and the car dies right out. I have changed the maf sensor,dpfe sensor and no change. can hear massive air suction when pressing the accelerator up and down, sounds like its coming from the right side of the manifold (drivers side) towards the fire-wall.definetly sucking air some where! And im running out of money chasing this gremlin any ideas or help will greatly be appreciated.

Welcome to TSOC! I'm sure somebody will be able to chime in and help you with this.

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak! You may want to get it smoke tested and look for leaks.

• Like 1

Got the same issue going on with my 2006 Taurus sel 3.0 still won,t idle. Will try smoke test ,plus I got a mech. coming over this evening , hope he can locate the leak and I can get back on the road. Thanks for the replies.

Yankee,

Please post replies in your existing thread. Making a new thread means we don't know the context of your question. I've merged them now. You can reply at the bottom of the page.

• Like 1