Not quite the same location. We were in section T last time (where the Lincolns and Cougars are this time.) You're back by the autocross this year.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

We got a tent this year though!!

We had a tent back in 2014. Good thing too as I got a really bad sunburn and needed somewhere to hide from the bright yellow ball in the sky.

• Like 3

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm registered up. I'll just have to sign in at Gate 3's admission center since I registered after the Gate-n-Go period.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm staying at the Baymont Inn in Mechanicsburg, looks like that's about 15 mins from the showgrounds. Will be arriving in Carlisle on Saturday morning and leaving probably on Sunday night. 

I'll be at our usual Days Inn in New Cumberland. I'll be up Thursday evening and will be leaving Sunday morning after going to the show field to see who won.

23 hours ago, Kodachrome Wolf said:

I'll be at our usual Days Inn in New Cumberland. I'll be up Thursday evening and will be leaving Sunday morning after going to the show field to see who won.

PMed you on facebook

On 5/27/2016 at 5:10 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

I'm staying at the Baymont Inn in Mechanicsburg, looks like that's about 15 mins from the showgrounds. Will be arriving in Carlisle on Saturday morning and leaving probably on Sunday night. 

15 minutes if it's Wed night at 10 pm ! On car show weekends it's really congested once you get close to exit 52 in Carlisle. And then it's bumper to bumper all the way to the fairgrounds.  But you'll be in good company with the rest of the Ford nation ! 

• Like 3

I'm driving through the night after work on Friday from IL all the way to PA, so I should be pulling up to the showgrounds on Saturday morning to claim my spot in our club section. :) Will have to wait to check in at the hotel later in the day anyway. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

I'm driving through the night after work on Friday from IL all the way to PA, so I should be pulling up to the showgrounds on Saturday morning to claim my spot in our club section. :) Will have to wait to check in at the hotel later in the day anyway. 

Ouch... that sleep deprivation.

• Like 2

Had to work all day yesterday, so I never got my stuff packed. Still need to do that. I need to be on the road no later than 8:30 AM if I want to be up there before 9:00 PM.

At least I'm up already, so I've got that going for me.

6 hours ago, Angrod said:

Ouch... that sleep deprivation.

Worked 70 hours a week for the whole second half of May so I'd have money banked before I take this vacation. Welcome to my world. 

Screw it, I might just nap under the club tent... :P 

Hope everyone has safely made it home or to onward destinations by now. 

It was great to see you all again as well as meet new people.  I heard a count of 18 SHOs and maybe 10 of us Non-SHOs. 

Maybe next year we do better with weather. Get something between scorching hot and pouring down rain !

• Like 1

I was going to be there with the Thunderbird, but life took over, family moved, and all the money that would have gone towards it, got spent on nothing but the move. Next year i am definitely going.

By next year i will have had the car fully resprayed back to the deep factory green instead of the faded by 20 years green.

I hardly took any pics this year, just wandered around and sat in the tent, out of the rain and heat. 

I saw the 2017 GT and decided that if I had $450K to spend, I'd spend it elsewhere. Just didn't feel the love ! 

• Like 1