Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Southeast Fall Meet Oct 8-9, 2016

I always go south to Georgetown and then take SC 51 up to Bishopville (or the reverse for going to the Beach). Never run into any major delays, and I can avoid the idiots in traffic.

So I put in for time off from work. I should get it. The plan right now is to drive down Friday so I have more time on Saturday.

Any spots left at your place Nick?

Have fun at the meet, everybody. :) I'll try to come down for the next one that presumably will happen in Spring 2017. More than likely with the 5.0L. 

Thank you, "Fun Aunt Sandy". ;):P 

For social media, if anyone wants to share it :makeadeal:

SEFallMeet2016jpg.jpg

Due to a promotion at work and my starting my new position on Monday...I cannot attend this coming weekend.  This wasn't really planned, but everyone could use a better paying job and so I just couldn't turn it down.  I'll definitely be able to make it to the spring meet though!  Y'all don't have too much fun!

Jeff

• Like 1

Here's my attendee list so far... please let me know if this is correct!!! We are trying to gauge how many people will be here.

Updated 10/5 at 10:47pm EST

ATTENDING:
Bull Geek - Nick
Sean T. - Sean
Kodachrome Wolf - Zach
REDTRUCKCHASER - Sandy
TaurusDailyDriver - Paul (and Alexis?)
SHOenough - Chris
(MagicMike?) - Mike

QUESTIONABLE:
Angrod - Matt
Rohand901 - Dan
ShelbyRacer78 - Mark
Thub - Trace

UNABLE TO ATTEND:
double--negative - Jeff
Gentz - Anthony
Roach - Anthony

RIP:
daveromanjr - Dave

....... I was assuming you weren't coming....

PAUL.jpg

3 hours ago, Sean T. said:

Here's my attendee list so far... please let me know if this is correct!!! We are trying to gauge how many people will be here.

ATTENDING:
Bull Geek - Nick
Sean T. - Sean
Kodachrome Wolf - Zach
Angrod - Matt
REDTRUCKCHASER - Sandy
double--negative - Jeff

QUESTIONABLE:
daveromanjr - Dave
Gentz - Anthony
ShelbyRacer78 - Mark
Thub - Trace
Rohand901 - Dan
Roach - Anthony

I'll be there! Albeit with my GM garbage

Just now, SHOenough said:

I'll be there! Albeit with my GM garbage

Hooray for GM garbage! We can park next to each other :)

• Like 1

I'm still coming up. I'll be staying with my grandparents in Batesburg-Leesville so I don't have to drive as far as I usually do.

I might have a friend coming, but I'll confirm that later in the week.

I was not sure... was I supposed to respond on here? I do not believe it said that anywhere!!! I did respond to the famous and handsome Mr. Nick 'town car' Myers himself.

And Alexis has a friend visiting so she may be busy doing other things. I have work off so I will unfortunately be hanging around!!

• Like 1

Wish I could make it. Maybe next year!

I'll miss being there this year, it's always a blast and Nick is quite the gracious host.

Any indication of weather problems in Blythewood ? I've had to cancel my trip to Little River, so will be in Blythwood on Thursday.  I've done a lot of foolish things in my life but driving into a hurricane is not going to be one of them ! 

12 hours ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Any indication of weather problems in Blythewood ? I've had to cancel my trip to Little River, so will be in Blythwood on Thursday.  I've done a lot of foolish things in my life but driving into a hurricane is not going to be one of them ! 

They've changed the course of it - seems like it might graze us at a category 2. Nothing to worry about! Well, nothing that I would worry about :) 

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year.  Haven't been feeling good since last week, at first the doctor said it was a viral infection but now it's pneumonia.  I'm on meds and am finally starting to feel better but I won't be back up to snuff until well after the meet is over.  I know the main point of the meet was for everybody to hang out with me but please don't cancel it on my account.

Since we will be at Nicks house partly Saturday and partly Sunday, I'll go pick up a few cases of SODA (pop) for everyone, if you guys would each bring some kind of snack food to share. Be it chips, pretzels, dessert, etc., Nick and I would appreciate it!

• Like 1

The dwindling list of attendees has been updated....

Looks like Saturday might be damp. Traffic for people traveling on the interstates might be kind of jammed up considering the fact people will be evacuating through most of the major routes passing through Columbia. 

Hopefully this won't wind up like a repeat of last year's situation with randomly washed out roads.

Reference of current hurricane map:

at201614.gif

Edited by Kodachrome Wolf
  • Like 1

Oh gees.... last I heard, it was supposed to be past us by Sunday, but now it looks like the height of the storm will hit Saturday night....

If all else fails, whoever is here can just hang out and socialize... just may not be a full-fledged meet with JY trips, etc. Here is a full forecast from Unisys (Nick's favorite)

Partly Cloudy THURSDAY
HI: 78 

PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. 
Rainy THURSDAY NIGHT
LO: 68 

CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT. 
Rainy FRIDAY
HI: 75 

SHOWERS LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT. 
Rainy FRIDAY NIGHT
LO: 68 

SHOWERS LIKELY. BREEZY WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT. 
Rainy SATURDAY

SHOWERS LIKELY. WINDY WITH HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT. 
Rainy SATURDAY NIGHT
LO: 62 

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. BREEZY WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT. 
Sunny SUNDAY

MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. 
Sunny SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT
HI: 75 LO: 55 

MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 50S. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S.