Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Southeast Fall Meet Oct 8-9, 2016

Please respond within if you're planning to attend.

These meets continue to be fun, enjoyable and people are traveling long distances to attend - let's have another one!

Saturday 10/8/2016
General plan is for those arriving Friday Night/Saturday, we can hang out at the house, tinker with cars and what not, general BS.  Maybe go downtown for a pic next to the worlds largest fire hydrant. and hang out there.  We'll find some local BBQ place to eat.

Sunday 10/9/2016
Sunday 9-930AM, meet at the junkyard.  Pull A Part.  5702 Monticello Rd Columbia, SC 

Then cruise back to my house.  Get some pizza, and other assorted food/drink and hang out.  Tinker with cars, BS for the remainder of the afternoon.  

Go to Lizard Thicket for dinner Sunday night (a local only chain restaurant with at least a dozen locations around Columbia).  Anyone whom has attended the meet before has enjoyed.

If you wish to stay at my place - PM me and maybe we can arrange something - we'll see.  Depends on space.

Otherwise, there are hotels all near me that are in very safe locations, very near to me, and very near the interstate.  The Days Inn is not recommended per others that have stayed there before.  The Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express are however just fine.

If you have any food or drink or anything you want to help out, chip in on or contribute - it would be really appreciated :-)

• Like 2

I'm in!!! I will probably still have some pollen left over from the meet two weeks ago too haha

I wish I could. :(

Already written down in the book.  Now I just have to get crackin' on the 89 wagon!

Jeff

I will plan on being there. Hopefully nothing gets in the way.

I should be there, I already tentatively took the time off unless something changes!

The boss might not like me taking more time off this year, but I'll certainly try!

10 hours ago, Devin said:

The boss might not like me taking more time off this year, but I'll certainly try!

Nothing says you have stay a month again.... poor nick!

• Like 1

If I can't make nationals, I plan to make this meet. 

Ugh...its just such a long drive.  Not a big fan of 30+ hours of driving in a 4 day period.

• Like 1

It's not terrible.  I drove around 23-24 hours round trip.  I'll be there again!  This time not at the Days Inn though! lol  Planning on driving the 89 down.  Hopefully.

Jeff

1 hour ago, Thub said:

Ugh...its just such a long drive.  Not a big fan of 30+ hours of driving in a 4 day period.

*playing the world's tiniest violin*

:P I did that in three days. Suck it up, man. You can do it. 

26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It's not terrible.  I drove around 23-24 hours round trip.  I'll be there again!  This time not at the Days Inn though! lol  Planning on driving the 89 down.  Hopefully.

Jeff

So... how bad was that other hotel? :unsure: 

8 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

So... how bad was that other hotel? :unsure: 

#MurderInn

• Like 1

The price was really good, but with that being said,  It was very dated.  Looks like nothing has been done since the mid 90's to any of the rooms.  Lots of people going through at all times of the night.  No wifi, even though they advertise it.  Wifi only works in the lobby. The door to my room had been pried open before and you could see into the room/outside ever so slightly.  Plus, my car got dinged in the parking lot because the spaces are very very small.  It wasn't super terrible, as I've seen way worse, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Jeff

I plan on being there!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

#MurderInn

:creeper:

NICK UPDATE THE LIST

....Maybe after this trip i'll finally roll over put 12k on this car. I have two SC trips planned June and October.. I'll still be greatly under my mileage.

I'm thinking that I'll take the cougar down this time. :)

• Like 1

I'll be in Blythewood sometime on Friday, at the Holiday Inn. I'm going to be in Myrtle Beach on Thursday and Friday.

Which is the best drive from the coast ? 378 or 501 to 20 etc. ?  Time isn't an issue. 

12 hours ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

I'll be in Blythewood sometime on Friday, at the Holiday Inn. I'm going to be in Myrtle Beach on Thursday and Friday.

Which is the best drive from the coast ? 378 or 501 to 20 etc. ?  Time isn't an issue. 

501 to Florence to 95 to 20 is the best way to go. Take 327 up around Florence to avoid driving through the downtown area.

Still unsure if I'll be there, we've got a big drift event going on at the speedway in Dirty Myrtle that weekend

Capture_a.JPG

Thanks Dan.  378 looks to be more direct but looks are deceiving when it comes to maps. I suspect it's a 2 lane country road... I'm coming from Little River.

Hope you can make it. 

14 hours ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Thanks Dan.  378 looks to be more direct but looks are deceiving when it comes to maps. I suspect it's a 2 lane country road... I'm coming from Little River.

Hope you can make it. 

Take 22 to 501N and you'll avoid the traffic in Conway, which can be brutal. 
Theres always construction going on on 378, I try to avoid it

I live literally just over the border from Little River lol