Sign in to follow this  
Devin

Forum Updates

Hey everybody. So you may have noticed the forum looks different. Well, today we updated from IP Board 3 to IP Board 4.1. This was a mandatory update to keep our forum secure, especially since we were many version behind. With these updates come a few changes.

All our content is still here, but some features are now gone. Some of these were rarely used anymore, such as the sidebar awards, the member map, and the Garage. Most of these things are gone because the developers are no longer making/updating these plugins. Tapatalk has been updated to the latest version as well. Member profiles are now more advanced, where you can upload and set cover photos and more.

Please provide any feedback here, as well as any issues that you may encounter. We'll try to get them taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to bringing you fun new features in the future.

I know probably that it is still work in progress, but for the recent activity, any way to have more than just 5 posts? I like being able to browse the forum from the homepage :)

So far I am getting used to it, at first I was pissed, but now it's growing on me. I'm getting too old for change :P

• Like 1

There was an annoying little pop-up box in the upper left from www.taurusowners.com that kept asking: "Would you like to receive notifications from this site?" The options were: "Always receive notifications" and "Not now". Clicked "Not now". The moment I clicked another thread, there it was again. Annoying.

So I clicked "Learn more..." and found this is a feature in Firefox. Web Push is always opt-in in Firefox. A site cannot send you push messages without your permission. To stop a specific site from sending you push messages:
● Go to the Firefox menu (three bars upper right) and select Options.
● Select the Content panel and click the Choose... button under Notifications.
● Select the site.
● Click Remove Site.

My problem? I have selected Firefox to block all Pop-ups. There are no sites that have permission. Except the little catch-22 clause in Firefox. Websites will not be able to send you messages and will need to ask your permission to send them in the future. Ergo, my frustration. I seem to be getting this pop-up asking whether I want to give permission for a pop-up because I opted out of pop-ups.

Anyone else have a solution?

I haz a problem.

I just tried to update my build log, and link a bunch of pics from my photobucket account as I always do. 

When I pasted the IMG links into my reply and posted the reply, they just came up as links, not photos as they normally would.

Also, everything I type is double-spaced. Which is annoying.

Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 

EDIT: updated chrome to  Version 49.0.2623.110 m 

Still no change, I am on a desktop fwiw

Edited by Rohand901

Sean and I are on the road. I'll take a look at this once we're home! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Devin said:

Member profiles are now more advanced, where you can upload and set cover photos and more.

How do we set our profile cover picture? I can't seem to find an option for where to upload in my settings or on my profile page....

17 hours ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

How do we set our profile cover picture? I can't seem to find an option for where to upload in my settings or on my profile page....

josh.jpg

21 hours ago, SHO-WGN said:

There was an annoying little pop-up box in the upper left from www.taurusowners.com that kept asking: "Would you like to receive notifications from this site?" The options were: "Always receive notifications" and "Not now". Clicked "Not now". The moment I clicked another thread, there it was again. Annoying.

So I clicked "Learn more..." and found this is a feature in Firefox. Web Push is always opt-in in Firefox. A site cannot send you push messages without your permission. To stop a specific site from sending you push messages:
● Go to the Firefox menu (three bars upper right) and select Options.
● Select the Content panel and click the Choose... button under Notifications.
● Select the site.
● Click Remove Site.

My problem? I have selected Firefox to block all Pop-ups. There are no sites that have permission. Except the little catch-22 clause in Firefox. Websites will not be able to send you messages and will need to ask your permission to send them in the future. Ergo, my frustration. I seem to be getting this pop-up asking whether I want to give permission for a pop-up because I opted out of pop-ups.

Anyone else have a solution?

notifications.jpg

I use Chrome, but I see what you mean in FF. This stopped it for me.

18 hours ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Well, Mr. FancyPantsAdmin if you see my attached photo, you will see what the rest of us peasants forum members see when we open up that page

41 minutes ago, Devin said:

josh.jpg

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

Well, Mr. FancyPantsAdmin if you see my attached photo, you will see what the rest of us peasants forum members see when we open up that page

Capture.JPG

Danny to the rescue lol

Any way to get back the function of clicking on thread titles takes you to the latest post automatically?

On March 29, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Rohand901 said:

Dear crybaby valued member,

Deal with it.

kthnxbai

Must be a permissions issue. I GUESS I can look into it.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Angrod said:

Any way to get back the function of clicking on thread titles takes you to the latest post automatically?

I didn't recall it ever did that. It could be a per-user setting, but I know you can click here to do that.

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.19.26 PM.png

On March 28, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Rohand901 said:

I haz a problem.

I just tried to update my build log, and link a bunch of pics from my photobucket account as I always do. 

When I pasted the IMG links into my reply and posted the reply, they just came up as links, not photos as they normally would.

Also, everything I type is double-spaced. Which is annoying.

Google Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 

EDIT: updated chrome to  Version 49.0.2623.110 m 

Still no change, I am on a desktop fwiw

Did some digging. Looks like IP Board 4 dropped BBCode. Gotta do it this way now. (Or input HTML, if you know how to use IMG tags.)

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.24.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.26.18 PM.png

Alright thanks for the info Devin. I'll have to learn how to use HTML tags, the insert image thing is just too many steps lol.

Any ideas on the double-spaced replies? Am I the only member having this problem? 

That stinks about BBcode being dropped, it was easy and convenient.

Also, I notice when I use my phone in the past I could go to the bottom and tap on "View full page" - That option is now gone. With a big phone I prefer the desktop page. The only way I can do now is to have FireFox request desktop page, but sometimes I notice it flip back to the mobile version.

50 minutes ago, Rohand901 said:

Alright thanks for the info Devin. I'll have to learn how to use HTML tags, the insert image thing is just too many steps lol.

Any ideas on the double-spaced replies? Am I the only member having this problem? 

Shift+Enter will drop:
one line, enter drops:

two.

35 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

That stinks about BBcode being dropped, it was easy and convenient.

Also, I notice when I use my phone in the past I could go to the bottom and tap on "View full page" - That option is now gone. With a big phone I prefer the desktop page. The only way I can do now is to have FireFox request desktop page, but sometimes I notice it flip back to the mobile version.

I'll see if I can bring that back. Edit: Switch to the "Full on Mobile" theme.

8 hours ago, Devin said:

I didn't recall it ever did that. It could be a per-user setting, but I know you can click here to do that.

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.19.26 PM.png

After looking at my previous post I see I referred to the wrong functionality.

It used to be that when you clicked on a thread title (the last version there was a star we could click on) you would be taken to the first unread post in the thread. I find this super handy as there is no way for me to tell how many replies have been made since I was on last. Clicking the most recent page and having to scroll down to find the first new post, or, clicking on the links you have highlighted in the image and then scrolling up to find the first unread post is rather cumbersome.

And it sucks that we lost BBCode. Wth is IPBoard thinking?

Edit: Just noticed that if I click the "Unread Content" thing in the top right it gives me a list of all the stuff I haven't read with the little star/circle thing that takes me right to the first unread post in a thread. I wonder why that isn't possible on the homepage. IPB strikes again!

10 hours ago, Devin said:

Shift+Enter will drop:
one line, enter drops:

two.

Thats dumb
So dumb

Fo' Real

I suppose I'm still a peasant? I saw that Danny updated his.... :P *scratches head*

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

I suppose I'm still a peasant? I saw that Danny updated his.... :P *scratches head*

Untitled.png

Hey Josh, check out this thread. Thanks!

The profile photos were too small, so I made them larger on the left side of posts. No more tiny circle images. Much better!

• Like 1

I also noticed that we now have profanity censorship? Not that I care, I am sure others will. Example: s**tty. Or is this a user option if a user elects to see profanity or not?

Hmm. Lemme look into it. I saw the setting. I wasn't sure if it was usually on or off.