Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thub

2017 Fusion Sho... Sport I Meant Sport

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Thub said:

Stock 3.5L EB SHO runs 0-60 any where between 5.5-6.0 seconds so 4.3 is a bit of an exaggeration, it would have to be a pretty aggressive tune.  The SHO is definitely fast for its size but put it against a car that actually runs a 4.5 second 0-60 and it won't be as amazing.  The only reason the SHO stands a chance against some of those big time performance cars is because of the AWD, gets all the power to the ground.

It is an aggressive tune, with some sticky rubber. It can beat most things from a dig.

I believe the phrase Nick used to refer to it was: "Unnecessary"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

I will have to defer to your expertise on giant whale penises. 

I drove a white toyota sienna from NY to alabama once. I am an EXPERT on cars that look like whale penii.

52 minutes ago, SHOenough said:

It is an aggressive tune, with some sticky rubber. It can beat most things from a dig.

I believe the phrase Nick used to refer to it was: "Unnecessary"

Just fiddle around in the computer a bit, change two parts under the hood and BLAM-O, wicked fast grocery hauler

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SHOenough said:

It is an aggressive tune, with some sticky rubber. It can beat most things from a dig.

I believe the phrase Nick used to refer to it was: "Unnecessary"

A lot of guys are really pushing those engines. I'm curious as to how long those stock Garrett GT15s will last being pushed like that.  Being smart and not pounding the hell out of it while its still warming up and letting it idle before shutting it down should insure they last longer. I know gas engines exhaust isn't near as hot as diesel but its still hot enough to wear components.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thub said:

A lot of guys are really pushing those engines. I'm curious as to how long those stock Garrett GT15s will last being pushed like that.  Being smart and not pounding the hell out of it while its still warming up and letting it idle before shutting it down should insure they last longer. I know gas engines exhaust isn't near as hot as diesel but its still hot enough to wear components.

They're VERY stout engines. As are the transmissions. There is a guy with a 2010 with 167k miles on it with the same tune I have, no failures.

There is one weak point: The PTU. Ford claims it's a lifetime fluid, but they don't last much over 100K (some much less). Change the fluid every 25K and you'll be golden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 14, 2016 at 7:57 AM, SHOenough said:

It is an aggressive tune, with some sticky rubber. It can beat most things from a dig.

I believe the phrase Nick used to refer to it was: "Unnecessary"

I said that? Lol I have no memory of it.

all I know is your car is stupid fast.  Fastest I've gone from zero to something.

on my old dohc Taurus it just raised shift points and trans shift firmness/pressure.  Think EGR was turned off too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

I said that? Lol I have no memory of it.

all I know is your car is stupid fast.  Fastest I've gone from zero to something.

on my old dohc Taurus it just raised shift points and trans shift firmness/pressure.  Think EGR was turned off too.

You took it to get Pizza the first time and when you got back I asked what you thought and you said something along the lines of "that's unnecessary, no one needs that much power".

A car is only fast enough when you look at it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SHOenough said:

You took it to get Pizza the first time and when you got back I asked what you thought and you said something along the lines of "that's unnecessary, no one needs that much power".

A car is only fast enough when you look at it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it.

Ford solved that problem with keyless entry, just grab the door handle and you're in.
cheeky bastards

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

I said that? Lol I have no memory of it.

all I know is your car is stupid fast.  Fastest I've gone from zero to something.

on my old dohc Taurus it just raised shift points and trans shift firmness/pressure.  Think EGR was turned off too.

When everything is controlled by computer its easy to make changes with a tune. Electronic throttle can be adjusted to be more responsive, fuel pump cranked up to deliver more fuel, and waste gates held shut to push more boost. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rohand901 said:

Ford solved that problem with keyless entry, just grab the door handle and you're in.
cheeky bastards

 

Or the door pillar keypad entry, the pinnacle of 80's technology brought forward into the modern age LOL. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

 

Or the door pillar keypad entry, the pinnacle of 80's technology brought forward into the modern age LOL. 

Or mine that is a combination. Smart key but you still have to touch the keypad for it to unlock

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: We are all agreed it is pronounced S-H-O and not "Show" right?

This guy seems to disagree:

 

Edited by mmmfloorpie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the early (1989) commercials Ford clearly called it the S-H-O, but in 2010 they clearly called it "Show"...So Ford doesn't even know what to call it.

IMO its an acronym so it should be pronounced S-H-O. Most 3 letter acronyms are pronounced as their individual letters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pronounce it S-H-O, but the last time I mentioned that a few SHO owners had a conniption fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mmmfloorpie said:

Question: We are all agreed it is pronounced S-H-O and not "Show" right?

This guy seems to disagree:

That guy is a douche.. I met him. Lets just ignore him and move on with life. He lives like 2 miles away from me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gentz said:

 

Couldn't agree with you more. He's the poster boy for slimey "used car" salesman. No offense to any reputable used car salesmen. Will say anything to get someone to buy a car from him.

My hobby is pointing out where he is wrong in his various reviews. He thinks that halogen projectors are "HIDs".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mmmfloorpie said:

Couldn't agree with you more. He's the poster boy for slimey "used car" salesman. No offense to any reputable used car salesmen. Will say anything to get someone to buy a car from him.

My hobby is pointing out where he is wrong in his various reviews. He thinks that halogen projectors are "HIDs".

Hahahahahahaha oh my god I do the same. I'll send them to Daveromanjr and just go OH MY GOD you have to stomach this just to see how stupid.

I hate that he doesn't write a script too.. He just rambles and never plans a damn thing.

 

OH HE ALWAYS HAS A GREASE SPOT ON ALL OF HIS CAMERAS. I can't stand the haze. When I was at the autoshow here he was there. And i know hes seen me on Facebook and shit but he seriously started talking to Dave and some else while i was right there and I went to say hi to him and he faked a phone call... Ass Hat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-04-20 at 7:43 AM, Gentz said:

Hahahahahahaha oh my god I do the same. I'll send them to Daveromanjr and just go OH MY GOD you have to stomach this just to see how stupid.

I hate that he doesn't write a script too.. He just rambles and never plans a damn thing.

 

OH HE ALWAYS HAS A GREASE SPOT ON ALL OF HIS CAMERAS. I can't stand the haze. When I was at the autoshow here he was there. And i know hes seen me on Facebook and shit but he seriously started talking to Dave and some else while i was right there and I went to say hi to him and he faked a phone call... Ass Hat

Was he wearing that stupid Ford vest thing? lol.

He's got good access to the cars since he's a salesman and he usually does fairly thorough "reviews" so that I like. It's nice to just see what's new. But yea, it's always funny when he says something wrong, but then there's text over the video that says "this is what I really meant to say...".

I'm currently in a comment war on Youtube with some asshat who agrees with him that it's Taurus "Show". My latest comment is that it's not a Chevy Impala "SShhh" or a "Mercedes Ammgee". I grow weary of that argument so I don't think I'm going to respond anymore lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×