Sign in to follow this  
Thub

2017 Fusion Sho... Sport I Meant Sport

http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/2017/?fmccmp=lp-future-top-hp-2017-fusion

I think this car is as close as we are going to get to a real SHO replacement. The 2.7L TT is a good motor and will actually provide some real promise in making more power.  Even Stock 325hp and 350ft-lbs are some serious numbers for a family sedan, 10 years ago that was full-sized pickup truck numbers.

Ford may be lagging behind in the mid-sized class with all the new models but I think the Fusion holds its own as the best looking and sportiest/funnest car of the group.  I think they could care less about selling more units than Toyota or Honda, both are soulless appliances.  And Chevy trying to pass as BMW and Lexus in their new commercial...ahh when will GM learn, hopefully never.

Thoughts?

I think its about time Ford put a V6 in this body fusion!

• Like 1

And Chevy trying to pass as BMW and Lexus in their new commercial...ahh when will GM learn, hopefully never.

Thoughts?

I think Chevy has been doing a great job last few years. While it may lack the luxury ride, handling, or even power as a BMW or Lexus, the affordability of what you get is totally there. 4G LTE which apparently is a consumer demand - is pretty popular in their cars. Personally I would just use my cell phone as a mobile hot spot, but apparently... People don't want to do that extra work, not sure if they know most cell phones have it available as an option, or just think opening their options, hitting the hotspot, and enabling it is too much work? The OnStar service is actually amazing too. The base OnStar package gets you remote start, lock/unlock, Horn/Lights in case you lost your car, and emergency response (Works great for my grandparents as they are too stubborn to own a cell phone) I wouldn't mind it during the winter with just starting my car from the app. And lately, GM has actually been going up in interior quality, they don't feel like cheap plastics like my 98 Bravada has lying around.

So if one can't afford a BMW/Lexus (Me) GM has great offerings, as does Ford, and even though I hate Chrysler's quality (Sorry Devin!) Chrysler vehicles also have some sharp looking vehicles out there too. The domestic offerings have high quality in them these days, and features consumers want.

I do feel Ford is still somewhat in the past with the tiny MyFord touch screens, lack of OnStar-type service that others are now getting into other competitor cars including Hyundai/Kia.

However, a performance Fusion is probably going to be a nail in the Taurus's coffin. With slow sales, nobody seems interested in the Taurus. Fusion on the other hand? I see everywhere.

• Like 1

I think Chevy has been doing a great job last few years. While it may lack the luxury ride, handling, or even power as a BMW or Lexus, the affordability of what you get is totally there. 4G LTE which apparently is a consumer demand - is pretty popular in their cars. Personally I would just use my cell phone as a mobile hot spot, but apparently... People don't want to do that extra work, not sure if they know most cell phones have it available as an option, or just think opening their options, hitting the hotspot, and enabling it is too much work? The OnStar service is actually amazing too. The base OnStar package gets you remote start, lock/unlock, Horn/Lights in case you lost your car, and emergency response (Works great for my grandparents as they are too stubborn to own a cell phone) I wouldn't mind it during the winter with just starting my car from the app. And lately, GM has actually been going up in interior quality, they don't feel like cheap plastics like my 98 Bravada has lying around.

So if one can't afford a BMW/Lexus (Me) GM has great offerings, as does Ford, and even though I hate Chrysler's quality (Sorry Devin!) Chrysler vehicles also have some sharp looking vehicles out there too. The domestic offerings have high quality in them these days, and features consumers want.

I do feel Ford is still somewhat in the past with the tiny MyFord touch screens, lack of OnStar-type service that others are now getting into other competitor cars including Hyundai/Kia.

However, a performance Fusion is probably going to be a nail in the Taurus's coffin. With slow sales, nobody seems interested in the Taurus. Fusion on the other hand? I see everywhere.

I don't get the in car Wifi thing either. It's just another stupid subscription service you have to pay for once the trial runs out. And it's not like you just get unlimited data or something. It's pretty expensive for even a basic plan.

I don't really understand the point about the small MyFord touch screen though. An 8 inch screen is small?

The new Sync 3 system is leaps and bounds better than the outgoing MyFord Touch.

I too don't get the in car WiFi, at work anyone out surveying with GPS just uses their phone as a hot spot, I've done in multiple times now and it works perfect.  Even after 10 solid hours of WiFi my older Droid Maxx work phone still has over 50% battery remaining.  Only problem I've ever encountered is when our TSC3 collectors don't behave. An additional bill each month is a major turn off to pretty much anyone once the free trail ends.

Or just adding it to OnStar. The selling feature is for kids in the car or the traveler. But again, with my T-Mobile - HotSpot Tethering is free and just eats up my data plan. I can just plug my phone into my car, and enable streaming so it can charge, be used as my media center, and be the vehicle hot spot.

Apparently there is a market for it if they keep pushing it. Then of course integrating it into Pandora with the car (Which with T-Mobile - does not eat my data plan, so again... One more pro for a T-Mobile hot spot, and one negative for a conventional hot spot)

Or just adding it to OnStar. The selling feature is for kids in the car or the traveler. But again, with my T-Mobile - HotSpot Tethering is free and just eats up my data plan. I can just plug my phone into my car, and enable streaming so it can charge, be used as my media center, and be the vehicle hot spot.

Apparently there is a market for it if they keep pushing it. Then of course integrating it into Pandora with the car (Which with T-Mobile - does not eat my data plan, so again... One more pro for a T-Mobile hot spot, and one negative for a conventional hot spot)

I think people don't really know how it works just that their car has "wifi". So it's basically just a gimmick that the salesman can say to sound good.

Pretty much. Working in IT I realized people are not very tech-savvy. Most of our employees did not know their tablets including tethering, nor did they know how to use it, but they know their iPad works great for Angry Birds. So if anything, that feature caters to those who barely know how to use their own mobile device.

I still see used cars being sold as "Fully Loaded! Power Windows, Power mirrors, remote power locks, Automatic Transmission!" When in reality, that is most cars sold today. All about marketing :P

Features I'll never pay for in a car: Navigation, 4G LTE, or SiriusXM. I have all those devices on my phone. They are all great features that are stuck with the car. If I keep the car 10+ Years, that'll all be antiquated maps, cellular technology, and a radio service that I can get for cheaper with streaming media. But to the leased vehicle - they are all wonderful.

Just stick in a new SD card to get updated maps on my car...

Do you get the SD card free?

Do you get the SD card free?

Actually yes, haha. A guy on a forum sent me a newer card that he had bought but didn't need.

Are the newer phones you get free?

No, but Waze, Google Maps, Bing Maps, etc are all free and up-to-date.

I'll gladly pay for navigation in my car. I know that you can get it for the price of data+smart phone (which chances are you'll own anyway) but you get a system that is integrated in the car. Something that you don't have to worry about someone stealing. One that doesn't cost you extra per month. So what if the maps are slightly out of date? If it tells me to get off at an exit that doesn't exist anymore I can go to the next exit. Also, I pay for satellite radio anyway so it's an extra >$1/mo for traffic, which really does help out.

Getting back to topic. I'll have to see how well this version of the 2.7TT responds to tuning. If I can get ~400HP on a flash, count me in!

• Like 1

Oh, I have no doubt it will get past 400hp just based on a tune reflash. I'm sure Livernois is already working on having that product offering ready...

The 3.0L version of this engine which is going into the new '17 Lincoln Continental will already make 400hp bone stock. 

• Like 1

I know others online with an Edge Sport like mine with the 2.7 have tunes putting out well over 400 hp already.  They really haul.

• Like 1

Damn poor Taurus it might be out of production again ford give us a true v8 that doesn't burn gas a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Jaybrooks said:

Damn poor Taurus it might be out of production again ford give us a true v8 that doesn't burn gas a

I'd rather have a Twin Turbo V6 than a N/A V8. Much more potential and puts it in a lower insurance group.

Not to mention you get asked the question "What the hell is a Taurus doing with two turbos on it???" quite a lot.

Well the Taurus is in the same class as a charger Chrysler 300 and they have v8 and turbos

43 minutes ago, Jaybrooks said:

Well the Taurus is in the same class as a charger Chrysler 300 and they have v8 and turbos

They don't offer a turbocharged engine, only the 3.6 Pentastar V6, 5.7 Hemi V8 (which makes the same power as the SHO stock), and the SRT8 which has a 6.4 V8 making 470/470. All of those engines are N/A

What ! Really !!! So all you need is a blower on a stock SHO and you can beat a SRT8 ???

The Gen 6 SHO's are Twin-Turbo charged. Mine does 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 with just a tune. I'll walk a 5.7 anytime, and I'll beat a 6.4 out of the hole (but he'll pass me in the quarter).

20 minutes ago, SHOenough said:

The Gen 6 SHO's are Twin-Turbo charged. Mine does 0-60 in 4.3-4.4 with just a tune. I'll walk a 5.7 anytime, and I'll beat a 6.4 out of the hole (but he'll pass me in the quarter).

can confirm. That car launches hard even if it does look like a gigiantic white whale penis and weigh as much as the titanic

• Like 2

Stock 3.5L EB SHO runs 0-60 any where between 5.5-6.0 seconds so 4.3 is a bit of an exaggeration, it would have to be a pretty aggressive tune.  The SHO is definitely fast for its size but put it against a car that actually runs a 4.5 second 0-60 and it won't be as amazing.  The only reason the SHO stands a chance against some of those big time performance cars is because of the AWD, gets all the power to the ground.

11 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

can confirm. That car launches hard even if it does look like a gigiantic white whale penis and weigh as much as the titanic

I will have to defer to your expertise on giant whale penises. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thub said:

Stock 3.5L EB SHO runs 0-60 any where between 5.5-6.0 seconds so 4.3 is a bit of an exaggeration, it would have to be a pretty aggressive tune.  The SHO is definitely fast for its size but put it against a car that actually runs a 4.5 second 0-60 and it won't be as amazing.  The only reason the SHO stands a chance against some of those big time performance cars is because of the AWD, gets all the power to the ground.

His is not stock lol

• Like 1