Sign in to follow this  
Brian_05_SEL

Sable Wagon At My Dealership

Strange phenomenon, Sables have generally always had higher list prices than Tauruses, despite them largely being the same car lol

Retail pricing isn't based on wishes or guesswork in the internet age, it's all hard data. This particular car is one of two '05 Sable wagons listed within 500 miles of Chicago. It's the lowest priced '05 Sable LS, either sedan or wagon, found in the same radius. And it has the lowest mileage out of all comparable cars within 500 miles. The next closest car to compare it with is a basic GS sedan with 120k miles... also listed for $7k. And similar cars sell at wholesale auction for between $5500-$8000.

What is available is quite different in different locations. Easton PA is one of my previous looking areas. South of the rust belt for the most part.

See pic, $3K to $8K '00-'04 Ford/Sable wagons, 100 mile radius. 10 of the 12 under 100K miles, highest price $6K. Not sure about price but I have them lowest miles first. ~$6K for top list of list, 48K miles. See other pic, DOHC, and moon roof.

For my part, I look in the NON RUST area, and where there is a variety located. I went 275 miles for my Lin, 150 miles for my Sable sedan. 250 for my present Sable wagon. Just to be out of the rusty cars and where there are lots. Nothing close in my home area, but I would not consider a rust belt car anyway.

But I am not in the market for a while but will look in the same areas if I need one.

-chart-

post-1834-0-01265700-1450877263_thumb.jp

Edited by -chart-

..... are those amber turn signals?

Reflection only, they are red lenses as usual on Gen 4's.