post-3-0-94196700-1450638796_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-32252300-1450638810_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-13332300-1450638826_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-50090700-1450638842_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-26593900-1450638778_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-71574000-1450638856_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-03098700-1450638869_thumb.jpeg

post-3-0-79901400-1450638892_thumb.jpeg

Listed for $6999. Anybody looking for a nicely optioned Sable wagon with low miles?

• Like 1

Holy crap that 3rd row seat still has the buckle covers on it! Looks like it has everything sans sunroof as well....

And power passenger seat. However I've never seen a Taurus/Sable Gen 4/4.5 with power passenger seat... I am convinced they are more rare than picnic tables in Gen 1/2 :P

• Like 1

And power passenger seat. However I've never seen a Taurus/Sable Gen 4/4.5 with power passenger seat... I am convinced they are more rare than picnic tables in Gen 1/2 :P

I've seen several, my neighbor's red '02 SEL Premium had a power passenger seat. I believe LS Premiums and SEL Premiums could have a power passenger seat when equipped with leather seats, as a power pass seat couldn't be had with cloth. 

This brochure says it was an option on SEL Premiums.

post-3362-0-02957000-1450647561_thumb.jp

Yes, option, but in the real world I've never seen one, whether it be a meet or junkyard.

I've seen more picnic tables - Which was a Gen 1/2 Option, as was Insta-Clear on Gen 1's, but the power passenger? I know I searched high and low for my 05 when I had it, and kind of looking for my wife's 02 when I ride in there as I like being comfortable :P

My '03 Sable has power pas and I saw one at the JY. My color seats too but not in my list of things to get.

-chart-

My '03 Sable has power pas and I saw one at the JY. My color seats too but not in my list of things to get.

-chart-

The Lin Cont uses the same seat track as the G-4. You could get a JY pas seat track and wire it up. Just the track. Seat has power recliner so doubt it would work.

-chart-

Wouldn't mind rigging power-recline up to a Taurus....

You just gave me a brilliant idea :D

• Like 1

Listed for $6999. Anybody looking for a nicely optioned Sable wagon with low miles?

Seems overpriced to me...

• Like 1

Seems overpriced to me...

The Carfax does show it is worth more than retail value

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_displayhistoryrpt.cfm?partner=DLR_3&vin=1MEHM59S55A605608

CarFax doesn't show everything.  The 09 Sable I purchased had prior collision damage which I suspected had been repaired, but the car looked nice and I purchased it.  My suspicions were confirmed when I had it in the body shop last week to repair the creased dog leg on the RR and the roof repair X2.  The fella showed me the prior repaired area that they discovered when they sanded back the RR quarter.  It was not bad....so likely minor hit, but didn't show up on the CarFax for my car so the PO or the rental car agency that owned it before them likely paid out of pocket for the repair when they had it done.  I do not really trust these reports as far as I can throw them.  They do help, but there's just way too many factors that come into play.  However, I too think that car is slightly high priced.  In the south that car would be priced at $3-4K max....likely around $3500.00.  I'd like to have it though....

Jeff 

With the condition, miles and options it would easily be going for $7-8k up here. I really wish I had the money or could at least afford a loan as a second car would be helpful. I don't know how much longer the current car will last with all the big items going one after the other.

• Like 1

CarFax doesn't show everything.  The 09 Sable I purchased had prior collision damage which I suspected had been repaired, but the car looked nice and I purchased it.  My suspicions were confirmed when I had it in the body shop last week to repair the creased dog leg on the RR and the roof repair X2.  The fella showed me the prior repaired area that they discovered when they sanded back the RR quarter.  It was not bad....so likely minor hit, but didn't show up on the CarFax for my car so the PO or the rental car agency that owned it before them likely paid out of pocket for the repair when they had it done.  I do not really trust these reports as far as I can throw them.  They do help, but there's just way too many factors that come into play.  However, I too think that car is slightly high priced.  In the south that car would be priced at $3-4K max....likely around $3500.00.  I'd like to have it though....

Jeff 

I got my '99 Taurus for $3000 back in 2007 when it was 8 years old... That Sable is 11 years old...

Dealers always price high.  Brian did me a good deal when I bought my 09 from him when he was still at Jidd Motors.  He's very honest, at least he was to me, about everything wrong with the car before I even went to look at it.  It's been a great car and I really enjoy it.  Not sure what their bottom dollar is on this one, but I'd say $4500-$5000 would buy it.  Might get it cheaper, but given the markup I'd bet that's a close approximation of where negotiations would end up.  You could possibly use the rear collision as a negotiation point, but only IF you can visually see that a repair had taken place.

Jeff

• Like 2

I would agree, Brian has been honest with me when I bought my Olds and my 02 Sable. It isn't him who makes the prices up but the dealerships themselves. I would assume for someone with cash/finance in hand who is ready to purchase that day he'd be willing to help get a great deal other than the listed price.

Me? I am trying to desperately downgrade, otherwise I would be interested, I need to stop being a car hoarder :lol:

Once I sell my 89, fix my wagon, junk Brian's 05, and possibly sell my Olds once the wagon is 100% done, I'll be set with that fleet for awhile. If any new cars would be purchased it'd be for the wife - who does want the current Gen Impala. Me? I just want my wagon back. I miss driving it. However... I would welcome a RWD Full size wagon if the right one came up/price is right... :ph34r:

I have problems :P

• Like 1

The used car market has changed a lot, I keep thinking about when we bought the 2002 SE in 2008 for $5000 with 85,000 miles. Compared to what you find today for 5 grand that was a good deal.  Now you get a 10 year old car with similar mileage for $2000 more.

The Subaru I bought may have been in some sort of a wreck, doesn't have the best paint job, and is rusting, but it runs good and drives straight as an arrow.  Its hard to find anything decent for under $1500 especially with power to all 4 wheels, everyone thinks their pile of junk is worth gold. Its been a few weeks and I am still very satisfied with my purchase.

• Like 1

I'm not interested but just for the record.

Steering wheel shows wear, floor mats hard wear.

Might be worth $5K, (might)

Just my op.

Pic VA car more in line with price in my op.

-chart-

post-1834-0-74266000-1450792784_thumb.jp

Edited by -chart-

That car is also two model years older, which means it can't be financed (banks don't touch >10 years old or >100k miles). There is a reason it's worth so much less on the market. 

That car is also two model years older, which means it can't be financed (banks don't touch >10 years old or >100k miles). There is a reason it's worth so much less on the market. 

One in your pic is 11.5 years old if my math is good. My credit union will finance whatever. However, I pay cash.

But then I am an OLD coot and live in my own old school world.

Only southern cars, rust free.

-chart-

• Like 2

Isn't a 2005 now 10 years old? So that too meets that criteria now sadly. Which means it's been 10 years since I bought my 05 :(

Isn't a 2005 now 10 years old? So that too meets that criteria now sadly. Which means it's been 10 years since I bought my 05 :(

The sticker in the pic says 06/04.  My wagon says, 1/03 and it is a 2003. $4K at dealer, 99K miles, Sable LS Prem. 1.5 years ago.

But I am just going by the picture and have nothing to do with this.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

I would imagine the banks would just go by model year rather than the build date stickers. So it'll have to be cash or credit card to purchase that now.

• Like 1

I would imagine the banks would just go by model year rather than the build date stickers. So it'll have to be cash or credit card to purchase that now.

Or buy here, pay here. :nuclear:

-chart-

• Like 1

If you choose to do business at a BHPH lot, there's no hope left for you anyway. :P

Like at Car Outlet, right Kevin? ;) Se Habla!

• Like 1

Retail pricing isn't based on wishes or guesswork in the internet age, it's all hard data. This particular car is one of two '05 Sable wagons listed within 500 miles of Chicago. It's the lowest priced '05 Sable LS, either sedan or wagon, found in the same radius. And it has the lowest mileage out of all comparable cars within 500 miles. The next closest car to compare it with is a basic GS sedan with 120k miles... also listed for $7k. And similar cars sell at wholesale auction for between $5500-$8000.