Sign in to follow this  
Rohand901

My Experience With Jones Ford

*Disclaimer, this is my experience, from my view point and I apologize if it is a long review*

UPDATE Sat (12/12/2015) Post #20

If you have been following my build thread you will have noticed that I recently installed King lowering springs.

I'm not a complete tool, I know thats going to create alot of negative camber and require work to correct it.

I also needed new tires, I had pretty much worn through my Michelin defenders and drove the car on the out of whack alignment and worn tires for about 600miles. I wanted to upgrade to the new Michelin Premier tire in stock size 215/60/16 on my SHO chromies. I also wanted to have the car aligned at the same time in case I need to make a warranty claim later on, it would be all done at the same time and be "by the book".

I Called the service department at my local Ford Dealer, Jones Ford in Shallotte, NC early Monday (12/7/2015) to make an appointment. I spoke with Frank who made me an appointment for wednesday and we agreed that I would drop my car (2006 Taurus SE) off before the close of business on tuesday, they would have the Premier's in stock and would do the alignment and the mount/balance/install on the tires. When I dropped the car off, I told Frank that the vehicle had suspension modifications and to please call me before they put parts in it because I was sure it would need parts.

Wednesday morning (12/9/2015) I spoke with Frank on the phone and he explained to me that without moving the stock shock mounting plates in the front that the techs would not be able to get the camber even remotely close to spec (over 1.5 degrees negative). Gave him the go-ahead to do whatever work was necessary, which was roughly quoted at $1050 total.

I spoke with Frank again on Thursday afternoon (12/10/2015) and he said that "Bobby" would have my car finsihed up by 5pm and I could come get it, he was just finishing up the tires. Great! I stopped there on my way home from work and paid for the work which came it at $9 under $1000. I walked out to my car to find not Michelin Premiers but Uniroyal TigerPaws mounted on my vehicle:

2015-12-10%2017.14.32_zpsrrzoq5ff.jpg

Obviously this is not what i wanted nor what I paid for. I asked Frank if I could please see the tires I paid alot of money for as they were clearly not the ones on my car. After scouring the shop, we discovered that they had been installed on a trade in fusion a day earlier, and the uniroyals destined for that fusion wound up on my car. I watched Frank order a new set of Premiers for me and was assured that the car would be done with brand new tires installed by Friday afternoon and all would be well. I was upset that I was without my car for another day, but I had my dads Grand Marquis to drive in the meantime so it really wasn't a huge deal.

I also checked the work on the shock towers. According to them, they installed new Ford plates and I have the alignment sheets to prove that the front is -1.0 and -0.8 degrees camber. They also repainted the towers after the work:

2015-12-10%2017.15.21_zpslne0r0qs.jpg

-

2015-12-10%2017.15.28_zpsapgbuipy.jpg

Today is Friday (12/11/2015). I stopped at Jones Ford this afternoon to pick up my Taurus around 4:15pm. I checked the car before i went inside today to see what my tires looked like. I found a lug-nut on the drivers rear wheel completely loose. Like it only had two threads engaged, it was sticking out a full inch past the wheel. I un-threaded it the rest of the way, walked inside and set it on Frank's Desk. I asked him politely if he knew what that was and if he knew that there is no way I should be able to un-thread it with my fingers.

I requested a 19mm deep socket and a torque wrench as I was going to torque my own lugs because I didn't want to Die. I was handed the tools from some tech(assuming it was the same one who somehow forgot to check my lugs). I torqued every lug twice to 90ft-lbs in a star pattern, like I do everytime I check my tire pressure or work on my own vehicle.

*Disclaimer: I do alot of my own work, and I am a mechanical engineer, this is the first time I had anyone else work on my car for something major. I'm not cheap and will pay for good work*

Needless to say, I am absolutely disgusted by the utter incompetence that I experienced at my local dealer. I informed the entire service department that I will never do buisness with them again, and I doubt my parents will either (we have 3 other fords, 2 of which still have warranties). 

I received a phone call from Chris who stated he was the service manager apologizing for the actions of his Techs. He said that they were reprimanded. He even offered to comp. the work I had done, but the truth is that I was and still am willing to pay for the work that was done, I don't have a welder, alignment rack or tire mounting equipment. I may give the dealer another chance to redeem themselves, but I assure you that I will not just drop my car off and walk away next time.

Their Website

just for lol's their slogan is "easy to deal with"

I hope you all have better experiences with your mechanics!

-Dan Rohan

Edited by Rohand901

:Picard2:

These ******* people are the kind of idiots that make our whole industry look bad. 

I would've made them bring that Fusion back around and de-mount the Michelin tires and re-mount them to your car.  Then again, when they realized they had made that mistake....it should have been what they had done in the first place.  I guess a Tiger Paw and Michelin look so similar that they thought you'd never notice....lol

Nothing against Tiger Paw....I've seen them ran on many cars and have heard decent things about them, but Michelin have always been a top tier tire and if I could afford them would have them on my 09 Sable right now.

Jeff

I would've made them bring that Fusion back around and de-mount the Michelin tires and re-mount them to your car.  Then again, when they realized they had made that mistake....it should have been what they had done in the first place.  I guess a Tiger Paw and Michelin look so similar that they thought you'd never notice....lol

Nothing against Tiger Paw....I've seen them ran on many cars and have heard decent things about them, but Michelin have always been a top tier tire and if I could afford them would have them on my 09 Sable right now.

Jeff

My defenders were remounted to my chromies approximately 10k miles ago and had sidewall warping from it. I didnt want the Premiers remounted, I wanted new tires, thats what I paid for and Frank agreed. Truth be told, he did the right thing by me all the way along

Honestly, it doesn't sound like that bad of an experience...

With me, I took in my Fusion for a tire rotation. Got the car back to find that whoever did the rotation seriously chipped the paint around the lug nuts with the socket wrench.

They admitted to the damage and said they'd get the rim fixed when I came in to get my winter tires. I had asked that they also replace my interior hood release as the plastic bracket had cracked. Sure thing the service rep said.

So, a couple weeks later I was in to get my winter wheels. They gave me 3 of my summer tires back and kept the one they damaged. Come to find they "lubricated" the hook release. I said "the INTERIOR release is cracked". The reply "Oh, the interior release? I thought it was the under hood release. I'll have to order that and you'll have to come back later". Sigh.

Anyways, I drive away with my nice new winter tires. Get on the highway and I get serious vibration in the steering wheel, like the whole car was going to fall apart. Get back to the dealer and apparently the tech miscalibrated the balancing machine. So they re balanced them.

Get the car back and drive home. No more vibration. I get 2 blocks from my house and "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT". No amount of stopping/starting the car would clear it.

So back to the dealer I go again. Apparently the tech had also miscalibrated the TPMS sensors.

No apologies, no nothing. Just "your car is ready".

The next week, I call the service rep I dealt with because he was supposed to call me and tell me what is going on with my rim (but he never did of course). I also mentioned to him that I saw they ran a promotion just after I bought my tires for a free wheel alignment. Due to my lousy experience, I ask if I can be included in the free alignment. Sorry, no.

It's now 4 weeks later and I still have no idea where my rim is. I was in on Monday to get the hood release replaced and I asked the service rep "what are you doing to my rim?" and the response is "well, we took it off the car and we sent it to Toronto. I have no idea what they are doing with it but it should be another week. I'll call you".

GAH!!!!!! I'm getting the alignment because it needs to be done, but I will be getting it at a different dealer.

With me, I took in my Fusion for a tire rotation. Got the car back to find that whoever did the rotation seriously chipped the paint around the lug nuts with the socket wrench.

They admitted to the damage and said they'd get the rim fixed when I came in to get my winter tires. I had asked that they also replace my interior hood release as the plastic bracket had cracked. Sure thing the service rep said.

So, a couple weeks later I was in to get my winter wheels. They gave me 3 of my summer tires back and kept the one they damaged. Come to find they "lubricated" the hook release. I said "the INTERIOR release is cracked". The reply "Oh, the interior release? I thought it was the under hood release. I'll have to order that and you'll have to come back later". Sigh.

Anyways, I drive away with my nice new winter tires. Get on the highway and I get serious vibration in the steering wheel, like the whole car was going to fall apart. Get back to the dealer and apparently the tech miscalibrated the balancing machine. So they re balanced them.

Get the car back and drive home. No more vibration. I get 2 blocks from my house and "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT". No amount of stopping/starting the car would clear it.

So back to the dealer I go again. Apparently the tech had also miscalibrated the TPMS sensors.

No apologies, no nothing. Just "your car is ready".

The next week, I call the service rep I dealt with because he was supposed to call me and tell me what is going on with my rim (but he never did of course). I also mentioned to him that I saw they ran a promotion just after I bought my tires for a free wheel alignment. Due to my lousy experience, I ask if I can be included in the free alignment. Sorry, no.

It's now 4 weeks later and I still have no idea where my rim is. I was in on Monday to get the hood release replaced and I asked the service rep "what are you doing to my rim?" and the response is "well, we took it off the car and we sent it to Toronto. I have no idea what they are doing with it but it should be another week. I'll call you".

GAH!!!!!! I'm getting the alignment because it needs to be done, but I will be getting it at a different dealer.

Yeah man that sucks.

We should maybe start a new subforum with dealer reviews and experiences.

(Looking at you mods)

Well, here is how I feel about Ford service departments, I'll cite 2 I've been to in my area. All for warranty work.

Wickstrom Ford: "OH! It's normal that your stereo has no display/says "USB Device is not recognized" when using your phone that is designed to work on the car, gotta reboot your car! Pull your negative cable whenever your stereo has no display for about a minute, then hook it up, that'll fix that" Or: "Oh, it's normal for your transmission not to engage in gears. It's a different kind of automatic transmission!" "Oh that oil leaking between your engine and transmission is normal - That happens with the dual clutch transmissions. Nothing to worry about" Basically - telling me all problems I had were not their fault.

Friendly Ford: "We set an appointment up with your car to be looked at 8 AM!" 4 PM later: "We have yet to even look at your car, we're so sorry we ignored your appointment and informed us you would be waiting for a diagnosis/look at your vehicle!"

I think if a Ford dealer would have at least even tried to give a f**k when I had the issues with my Focus, I wouldn't have such a negative taste against Fords. And even if they brought back a new Thunderbird that would be amazing, I wouldn't trust it. Because if that thing had any problems, I know I cannot depend on my local dealerships to support the vehicle.

So basically, Ford Service departments turned me from "IF IT'S NOT A FORD IT'S A POS!" To "Yeah, Hyundai/GM/Honda/Toyota/etc makes a great car these days!" Basically I'll never buy a new Ford again.

Yeah man that sucks.

We should maybe start a new subforum with dealer reviews and experiences.

(Looking at you mods)

Interesting idea. Your experience sucks too but I like how the service manager called you and apologized and wanted to comp some of your bill.

When I took the car in to show them the rim damage I had to go to the service manager to check it out. His whole attitude really turned me off. Like "ya, we did it" and that was it. No "I'm sorry" or "it won't happen again" etc.

And the service manager was also involved when I had to come back because the tires were improperly balanced. Again, no apology, no nothing.

Was I really out of line to request that I be given a free alignment like other customers who bought their tires the week after I did? I mean, I only just spent $1300 on rims and tires and sensors and mounting and balancing. Plus all the crap I had to deal with.

Well, here is how I feel about Ford service departments, I'll cite 2 I've been to in my area. All for warranty work.

Wickstrom Ford: "OH! It's normal that your stereo has no display/says "USB Device is not recognized" when using your phone that is designed to work on the car, gotta reboot your car! Pull your negative cable whenever your stereo has no display for about a minute, then hook it up, that'll fix that" Or: "Oh, it's normal for your transmission not to engage in gears. It's a different kind of automatic transmission!" "Oh that oil leaking between your engine and transmission is normal - That happens with the dual clutch transmissions. Nothing to worry about" Basically - telling me all problems I had were not their fault.

Friendly Ford: "We set an appointment up with your car to be looked at 8 AM!" 4 PM later: "We have yet to even look at your car, we're so sorry we ignored your appointment and informed us you would be waiting for a diagnosis/look at your vehicle!"

I think if a Ford dealer would have at least even tried to give a f**k when I had the issues with my Focus, I wouldn't have such a negative taste against Fords. And even if they brought back a new Thunderbird that would be amazing, I wouldn't trust it. Because if that thing had any problems, I know I cannot depend on my local dealerships to support the vehicle.

So basically, Ford Service departments turned me from "IF IT'S NOT A FORD IT'S A POS!" To "Yeah, Hyundai/GM/Honda/Toyota/etc makes a great car these days!" Basically I'll never buy a new Ford again.

I don't think lousy service depts are unique to Ford though...My mom had a terrible experience with a GM dealer, coworker at work is currently battling a Hyundai dealer...

The fact that he did apologize is something nice. I wish I would have had an apology for incomptence, even when my vehicle is less than a year old. 

My favorite issue too with my Focus when I bought it: The Auto down/auto up did not work on my Focus, and he said it did not have it. Later the passenger window began to work, and slowly it all came to life. I just ignored it.

And I believe it too, however the only other dealer service shop I ever dealt with was a Chevrolet Dealership where my grandfather bought his Impala from (Bredemann) and although we discovered one of them made a scheduling error and they were saying it was for the next day, they still let us drop it off and took care of it and didn't argue that fact, they just blamed their receptionist and dealt with it. They performed all the work, and brought the car back to us washed/dried for free (was for the ignition switch recall) but their staff was friendly. I am sure others have had bad experiences there.

I can say I did have a positive Ford dealer experience in North Carolina in Havelock, but I am not going to take my car 1000+ miles just to have warranty work done :P

I think for us, we are unfortunate in our location of being a major metropolitan area, especially with UTI nearby, so a lot of those UnTrained Idiots somehow land jobs in service around us. I always try to find someone over 40 years old in service, they generally have respect for customers.

Hey floorpie,

Not trying to discount your experiences, angst, heartache and stress.

I would like to keep this thread roughly about my experience, I would be glad to chime in on a thread you create about your experiences.

I am not looking to start a "who had the s**ttier deal" thread, not my game at all.

I wanted to merely document what I had to deal with here, what should have been a simple in-and-out service, albeit for $1000.

I will eventually post this thread to the facebook page of Jones Ford in order to raise awareness.

Hey floorpie,

Not trying to discount your experiences, angst, heartache and stress.

I would like to keep this thread roughly about my experience, I would be glad to chime in on a thread you create about your experiences.

I am not looking to start a "who had the s**ttier deal" thread, not my game at all.

I wanted to merely document what I had to deal with here, what should have been a simple in-and-out service, albeit for $1000.

I will eventually post this thread to the facebook page of Jones Ford in order to raise awareness.

Was just trying to provide some perspective. Good luck.

I agree. I'd say they went above and beyond by repainting the strut towers, keeping the OEM appearance.

I would have been pissed about the tires and lug nut too.

I would have to agree that they did a very nice job with the strut towers, most shops hate working on vehicles that have been modified, especially something like a Taurus. 

I also agree with Jeff that they should have just swapped the tires from the Fusion back to your car.  The Fusion was a fresh trade and just sitting, you were actually there waiting for your car, didn't matter if it was late or not the service manager should have put both cars back in the shop and make the tech stay late.  I've had shops make mistakes or have trouble on my vehicles and they always corrected the issues immediately. In fact I was blow away by the commitment the shop had when the SHO had its transmission replaced, not many shops would have worked into the night to get the car done for me the next day.

I will take a private shop over a dealer any day,  I think dealers lack the initiative to perform quality work because they know they have the brand name behind them and people will come back anyway. 

• Like 1

Without a doubt I am 100% happy with the way the work to the towers was done. That is why I took it to Ford, that work is over my head. And not knowing anohter mechanic in the area, I kinda figured the dealer was a safe bet. 

When I spoke with Chris I remarked that all of this could have been avoided if someone had just checked the vehicle before they shoved it out onto the lot. (TWICE)

And this review would look and sound alot different and would be recommending them, which is NOT the case here.

Modifications or not, you are being paid to do a job. If the modifications were a problem, they could have rejected the work.

Just think though, that dealer services a mostly retirement area, there are alot of older people who use them. I guarantee you that when Betty drives to Bingo she isn't thinking about how tight her lugnuts are, she assumes that the dealer checked it when they serviced her car.

It could be that the guys in the back wanted some kind of retribution for having to work on a modded taurus, it could be that there is no oversight, it could be that they are actually just stupid. I'm not really sure on that one.

• Like 1

To me, incomptence isn't excusable. They may have done a great job elsewhere, but failing to torque lugnuts could lead to a serious injury or even death. If they half assed that, what else did they half ass? I'd be afraid that what if it drove home fine, then I let my wife take the car, then she is driving it, a wheel falls off, and something happened to her? Many what-if scenarios can play out there, but thankfully you caught it.

Quite frankly when I take my car in somewhere, it's because I don't want to do that job, and I want it done right as promised, and I shouldn't have to double check the labor. I still always believe in the whole, "Want it done right, do it yourself" But I have found a few shops that I can somewhat trust, but barely lol. I always try to find a shop that has someone over the age of 35 that will perform the work. Generally they are past the point of goofing off and trying to make a youtube/facebook video of, "LOL WICKED BURNOUT!" with someone else's car.

To me, incomptence isn't excusable. They may have done a great job elsewhere, but failing to torque lugnuts could lead to a serious injury or even death. If they half assed that, what else did they half ass? I'd be afraid that what if it drove home fine, then I let my wife take the car, then she is driving it, a wheel falls off, and something happened to her? Many what-if scenarios can play out there, but thankfully you caught it.

Quite frankly when I take my car in somewhere, it's because I don't want to do that job, and I want it done right as promised, and I shouldn't have to double check the labor. I still always believe in the whole, "Want it done right, do it yourself" But I have found a few shops that I can somewhat trust, but barely lol. I always try to find a shop that has someone over the age of 35 that will perform the work. Generally they are past the point of goofing off and trying to make a youtube/facebook video of, "LOL WICKED BURNOUT!" with someone else's car.

Everyone has their own plans.

No matter what, anytime I have a shop with a wheel off, when I get home, I loosen each nut and retorque to 100#. I have a beam 0-100# wrench, I do not have to read the numbers. Just pull it to the end of the travel. Most shops overtighten with the impact, and if they use the wrench it is just to be sure they are over.

I also adjust the pressure. Most get it within +/- 5#. I want +/- half pound with a very accurage dial gage.

I have gone back and:

Lugs too tight I cannot get them loose.

Pressure #45.

Valve stems way long.

Tire wrong side facing out.

And while watching, see they do not use the torque wrench and I call them on it.

Shops get irrated with me. I just smile and say, "fix it". Shop guys get more "torqued" when I do not get upset, just stand there and smile.

I write letters to the main office. I call the "hot line" at FORD.

-chart-

• Like 1

I've sworn off going over to the Ford dealer in town simply because of the mis-information I've been told and things they haven't done.

First issue that really came up is my mother got tires for her MKZ through them. One tire kept loosing air pressure, but had nothing stuck in the side wall or tread. I suggested to her to tell the dealer to remount the tire since there might be debris that caught in the bead and is causing a leak. The car went in three separate times, and the first three times, she was met with things like, "That's normal", "There's nothing wrong with the bead", etc. Three tires that hold air normally and one that doesn't, wtf?

Needless to say, when she finally told them to fix it the fourth time, the service manager went out himself, demounted the tire, and he found debris caught in the bead. :pat:

Earlier this year, I needed a lot of suspension work done on the Marquis since it was all worn out in the front. I asked for them to do a front end inspection for worn parts. Upon their findings, I had them do the ball joints (upper and lower) and a alignment, but since the cost of those was a decent chunk of change, and the rest of the work was almost the same amount to do shock absorbers all around and tie rod end links, I declined the rest of the work. Bull Geek offered his time to help me with the rest of the work. Of course, the dealer really wanted me to come back so the service writer told me that if I didn't get the shock absorbers replaced immediately, I would bend my front control arms and they would have to be replaced. Noped right out of that.

About four months later I was driving along and had someone pull and illegal u-turn, so I slammed on the brakes and had a loud pop occured and the car swerved to the right. I had to hold the steering wheel about 45 degrees left to go straight. I made an appointment with Tires Plus to have them check it out. The service manager said everything up front was nice and new, except for a completely trashed idler arm. In less than four months, my alignment went from straight to all over the place. It got realigned after a new idler arm was installed. It responded a lot better to steering input after that. Needless to say, I was surprised the Ford dealer missed that when they were checking out the front end. 

I don't mind the Ford dealer itself since I've had great experiences there when I got my car and when my mom was looking for a car. The service department, not so much. Then again, they just don't seem very interested in a 18 year old sedan. I like the idea of Ford service, but not having the car being generally written off as "why are you bring this here?"

• Like 1

Lol, they love that line, "That's normal"

UPDATE: Saturday (12/12/2015)

I got all excited today thinking I could finally mount up my strut tower brace.

I went crawling around under the hood and noticed something rather peculiar about my shock towers.

On Wednesday when I spoke with frank he informed me that "Ford does not recommend re-using the stock plates after they have been moved". I was told that they had new plates on order, the work would be done thursday.

I looked real quick thursday and friday at the dealer and the work looked okay, they had painted it all and I assumed the work was good. It was also dark out.

In these pictures you can clearly see that the spot welds that were on the front side of the plates had been drilled out and you can see marks in the cowl from what I assume was an air chisel to remove the rear spot welds(I was told it was 4 hours labor because they had to remove the cowl).

The plates are completely twisted and do not sit flush. To be honest I don't even see new welds, so I am assuming If I loosen the 3 shock mount bolts, I can slide it all around, because those appear to be the only things holding in the plates.

This is not what I was told would be done, and I am so angry that I cannot see straight.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. I am going to start at the dealer on monday, and I have already left a message for Chris to call me ASAP.

Clear tool marks from a spot weld cutter:

IMG_6692_zpsqj0yqojv.jpg

You can see where it walked on the plate here:

IMG_6678_zpskfd8cwcu.jpg

The rear of the drivers side plate not sitting flush and appearing twisted:

IMG_6683_zpstqker15p.jpg

Deformations in the cowl from an apparent air chisel:

IMG_6686_zpsguqcgocq.jpg

Clear indications of the original plate with the spot welds drilled on the passenger side:

IMG_6687_zpso0opltx3.jpg

Passenger side plate not sitting flush:

IMG_6690_zps9ponp4lu.jpg

Ouch... That doesn't look as nice as the faraway shots.

Well, clearly they were never repainted. So I would argue that you paid for new ones that they did not install. Also if they refuse to make anything right, I am hoping you paid with a credit card - I would call your credit card/bank company and have them reverse the charges should they choose to not make it right. Show them the pictures if they ask, and the scope of work you signed that they were to perform.

• Like 1

Don't get too bent out shape about the reused top plates (pun intended). If they said they would be new, they should be new, especially if you paid for new. But reused old plates are not a problem. And you do not want them re-welded, otherwise you would not be able to make future adjustments. I removed my top plates completely and increased the mounting holes to achieve the drop on my 99 SE. The steel mounts for the FSTB more than make up for the dinky little OEM plates.

The damage on the cowl is another story. Raise hell. You paid for labor to remove the cowl which they obviously did not do.

• Like 2

I've sworn off going over to the Ford dealer in town simply because of the mis-information I've been told and things they haven't done.

First issue that really came up is my mother got tires for her MKZ through them. One tire kept loosing air pressure, but had nothing stuck in the side wall or tread. I suggested to her to tell the dealer to remount the tire since there might be debris that caught in the bead and is causing a leak. The car went in three separate times, and the first three times, she was met with things like, "That's normal", "There's nothing wrong with the bead", etc. Three tires that hold air normally and one that doesn't, wtf?

Needless to say, when she finally told them to fix it the fourth time, the service manager went out himself, demounted the tire, and he found debris caught in the bead. :pat:

Earlier this year, I needed a lot of suspension work done on the Marquis since it was all worn out in the front. I asked for them to do a front end inspection for worn parts. Upon their findings, I had them do the ball joints (upper and lower) and a alignment, but since the cost of those was a decent chunk of change, and the rest of the work was almost the same amount to do shock absorbers all around and tie rod end links, I declined the rest of the work. Bull Geek offered his time to help me with the rest of the work. Of course, the dealer really wanted me to come back so the service writer told me that if I didn't get the shock absorbers replaced immediately, I would bend my front control arms and they would have to be replaced. Noped right out of that.

About four months later I was driving along and had someone pull and illegal u-turn, so I slammed on the brakes and had a loud pop occured and the car swerved to the right. I had to hold the steering wheel about 45 degrees left to go straight. I made an appointment with Tires Plus to have them check it out. The service manager said everything up front was nice and new, except for a completely trashed idler arm. In less than four months, my alignment went from straight to all over the place. It got realigned after a new idler arm was installed. It responded a lot better to steering input after that. Needless to say, I was surprised the Ford dealer missed that when they were checking out the front end. 

I don't mind the Ford dealer itself since I've had great experiences there when I got my car and when my mom was looking for a car. The service department, not so much. Then again, they just don't seem very interested in a 18 year old sedan. I like the idea of Ford service, but not having the car being generally written off as "why are you bring this here?"

I was prepared to trade my car in to the dealership in Evans, when the sales manager told me he couldn't give me as much for my car "because you've changed out the upholstery", when it was a special edition interior. He swore to me that it had been changed making the car worth $1000 less. I went inside, grabbed a Fusion book, and showed him one with the same cloth interior and left. Worthless jackasses.

UPDATE (12/21/15).

It has been a week since a proposed solution was discussed with Chris Nealey, the service manager at Jones Ford.

On 12/14/15 we discussed that he would order new plates and a new cowl, and then I stopped in at the dealer to make sure that we were all talking about the same thing. I illustrated that I wanted the new plates tack welded in two spots and I wanted the old spot welds ground down. He also agreed that this round of work would be on the dealer, and I did no ask for my money back.

Today is 12/21. I called Chris because I had not heard anything in a week. apparently he is gonna take the plates to the body shop TODAY to be painted. So thanks for losing me a whole week guys. At the rate we are going, I don't see this getting resolved until after new years.

He also spoke with "Bobby" who wants to just rivet the plates in...which is not what I want done.

I don't know who "bobby" is, and I certainly don't trust the dude. He cut all the corners on the job the first time AND PUT THE WRONG F*CKING TIRES ON MY CAR. I don't even want that dude in the same building as my automobile.

I think I'm gonna ask for the plates and the cowl, and do the work myself. And have someone else align it.

This is ridiculous. Own up to your mistakes people, you got caught on this one.

• Like 1

It's time to resort to Plan B.  :banghead:

Molotov Cocktails.  :nuclear:

• Like 1