Hey All! I've been looking to get a car on and off for a while now. Found this sable today and would like some thoughts, maybe things to check for? I know rust in the wheel wells and floor pans are a big problem, but I'm guessing with the low miles it was grannied a bit? I might go look at it next week- I'd have my mechanic look it over too. Thanks in advance.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5314297306.html

Be mindful of severe oil leaks, look very carefully underneath around the oil pan and make sure it is full on oil.

My 02 Duratec with 90k miles leaks worse than the Exxon Valdez. I was going to try and fix it, but my exhaust is rust/welded in place...

Looks like a good deal. I think $3500 would be more reasonable though.

Here's an '01 with 70K for $3100, in what I believe is a better color than spruce green. Royal Blue really POPS in the sun. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5328686080.html

Dammit, I really do have the only high trim Sable with no factory moonroof.  :icon_evil:

You'd be hardpressed to find any wagon with a sunroof. They're about as common as a Gen 3 SHO LOL.

And for the OP. When I said Royal Blue really pops in the sun, I meant it haha.

IMG_1242_zpsyepjukd8.jpg

Dammit, I really do have the only high trim Sable with no factory moonroof.  :icon_evil:

Same here :P

Same here :P

Me too: but it is a wagon. Sedan does but it does not work. Broken glass in the track, motor disconnected.

And my Lin Cont has none. It was a delete item but this was a used car.

-chart-