• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShirleyF

Front Bumper Fix...

17 posts in this topic

Now that the car is up and running again, I'd like to pretty her up some. 

She's a 96 Sable. Not sure on the paint color. The best I can describe it is a purplish grey.

Anyway, the car is really clean inside and out.

She's spent most of her life in Arizona, so she don't have a speck of rust on her.

There's just a bit of peeling paint on the front bumper area and one vertical ding.

th_12179260_10206447329114699_1953884102

th_frontofcar_zps70llnigm.jpg

th_12185857_10206447330194726_973767511_

Any advise on fixing this would be appreciated, thanks!

I just realized that I put this in the wrong board, sorry  :pat:

Edited by ShirleyF

Fill, sand, and respray for the damaged part.  Then for the peeling clear coat, needs a respray only.  Figure bout $250-300 for each cover.

Cheap alternative is to buy a car bra :)

A car bra, hmmm now there's an idea. She's a girl names Pearl, so appropriate, I think, hehe

Edited by ShirleyF

I got a bra for my Thunderbird, give her the support she needs :P

But lately she's been showing off to the world :lol:

Color is Dark Graphite Metallic aka Charcoal Grey by taurus owners. The car bra is an excellent idea! 

I'm not so sure on that color Josh. It doesn't seem right to me. I could be wrong, of course.

I took a pic of the plate on the driver side door.

12179645_10206464839512448_1074663286_n_

So what color is it?

You have Medium Graphite Metallic, paint code TR. 

MEDIUM Graphite Metallic. Whoops. I got the name confused haha. On SHOForum we always referred to them as Charcoal Grey so the name slipped my mind :P

That's OK.

I was confused anyway as the car is purple with a purple interior and graphite just didn't seem to fit.

Oh well, the paint code doesn't lie.  

Thanks again!

I think Ford may have used the work "graphite" to indicate a color that changes with lighting. My car is Graphite Blue and some days it looks teal, some days it looks bright blue!

I suppose, but mine looks purple in any light, lol. 

Graphite is a gray mineral, which both of those paints seem to mimic. Sean your car has a gray/blue hue for sure.

Here's the colors for 1996. Also, wow I was right on the "Charcoal Grey" part. Been a while since I looked at this chart!

96T.jpg

A lot of people have mistaken the Charcoal Grey cars for Rose Mist cars, it's easy to tell the difference once you see a Rose Mist, however they're pretty similar due to the purple hue that the Charcoal Grey has.

Charcoal Grey:

post-3362-0-40249200-1446101000_thumb.jp

Rose Mist:
post-3362-0-91533700-1446101052_thumb.jp

Hmmmm, nothing else that's close to what I can see in your pics has the option of the "Grey Violet" purple interior. 

EDIT: I just saw your door tag picture, we can cross Rose Mist off of the list, it's paint code is "GK" 

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited

Oh I know it's not Rose Mist, It's not that bright.

It's that Grey Violet color inside and out.

IMG_4957_zpsqo56vdau.jpg

IMG_4959_zpsniwhgibr.jpg

It's hard to keep the dirt out as I live at the end of a dirt road. She was pretty clean when I got her.

Anyway, thanks again for the help, now I know what color It is.