Intermittent Rough Idle And Stalling :(

So after rolling over 70k, my taurus has developed an issue. On a cold or warm start, sometimes it will start and have a low rough idle and kind-of putt along, and other times it will stall when put into gear. I put two bottles of techron in the tank and replaced all plugs with AutoLite Platinum AP104. Any ideas? once its running she runs like a tank as always.

So after rolling over 70k, my taurus has developed an issue. On a cold or warm start, sometimes it will start and have a low rough idle and kind-of putt along, and other times it will stall when put into gear. I put two bottles of techron in the tank and replaced all plugs with AutoLite Platinum AP104. Any ideas? once its running she runs like a tank as always.

If your autolites look like the pic, maybe need to start over with quality plugs.

And that does not include misformed top post that causes carbon tracking inside the boot.

However might start with idling and use water spray on the coil pack and the wires.

Might pull the IAC and clean it. I would only use household ammonia and Q-Tips. Dry with hair dryer. Oil the shaft and wipe off excess with Q-Tip. Move the piston a bit with a tooth pick to be sure it moves free. Not much force, thus the tooth pick will limit any damage.

-chart-

post-1834-0-02708100-1444676256_thumb.jp

post-1834-0-14257900-1444676501_thumb.jp

Chart, how big is your photo archive? I'm starting to think you have every possible Taurus scenario documented! Thanks for the tips! I'll report back.

Interesting you should post this...I had the exact same thing happen to my car in the last few weeks.  Took it to the dealer, and didn't see an issue.  They suspect the fuel pump may be getting weak.  On a 12 year old car I guess this is understandable.

Chart, how big is your photo archive? I'm starting to think you have every possible Taurus scenario documented! Thanks for the tips! I'll report back.

Pic of my posting dir and list of sub dir. A-J shown.

Many of these I keep because I can't remember things.

Thanks to digital camera technology.

Only maintaining 3 cars for now.

-chart-