Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Southeast Fall Meet: October 10-11, 2015

Since when do Town Car seats require an excuse?! :P

• Like 1

This is looking like it'll be a great weekend! chartmaker are you thinking to come?..

Wish I could but I have family/medical stuff that keeps me close to home.

-chart-

Calling dibs on a sleeping spot at Nick's house. :P

Plan B: I now have a twin bed-sized inflatable mattress that fits perfectly inside the wagon's cargo area. B)

• Like 2

With all these attendees, I think I will have to make every attempt to make this one!

• Like 1

With all these attendees, I think I will have to make every attempt to make this one!

Every attempt? I'm only making one attempt. I plan on being successful. LOL Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 1

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Well only reason I say try is I may have a new job soon, so that could make things tough. We shall see.

12-hour drive and almost 800 miles. Maybe I'll show up to this one..... Only issue is if Nick would allow me to stay at his place....

I'm coming from 900 miles/13 hours away. You can do it.  :party:

Next year I will have to try harder to reunite Nick with his old vehicle.  I'm sure a little bit of him misses it. 

I just can't pull off that 1,100 mile trip this year. 

Next year I will have to try harder to reunite Nick with his old vehicle.  I'm sure a little bit of him misses it. 

Bring a portable cooler along with some genuine Wisconsin snow for Nick. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Bring a portable cooler along with some genuine Wisconsin snow for Nick. :ph34r:

Maybe he should come up here during winter and get some for himself, and while he's here we can give him a little winter driving school.

• Like 1

I dunno.... I think I miss it more than he does!!!

Won't be able to make it sadly, I have family coming over that weekend...Maybe I'll see you guys in March!

I dunno.... I think I miss it more than he does!!!

Well if you make it over to Brian's neighborhood and let me know, that is a much easier trip for me.  Taking US 10 (SS Badger) will also put you about 40min south of my door.  DTW also sends multiple planes a day to GRB which is only about 5 min from home and 30 seconds from the office. Delta always seems to charge an outrageous amount for those flights though, probably be cheaper to drive all the way around than fly.

I could actually fly from GRB to ATL on October 9, and fly back on the 12 for only $500, that's pretty good for Delta at this short of notice.

I'm excited about this meet. Really looking forward to everyone being here. Should be a great time.

pray for good weather! And if we need to do any work on your car, we can figure out how to get it done.

• Like 2

I'm excited about this meet. Really looking forward to everyone being here. Should be a great time.

pray for good weather! And if we need to do any work on your car, we can figure out how to get it done.

Do work on my car? Hmm let's see...... Valve cover gaskets (easy), both front ball joints need replaced, both rear brakes need completely overhauled, ummm....... I think that's all the big stuff....

Probably too much for two days.

• Like 1

Ball joints....ugh.... I HATE BALL JOINTS.  Pls no :(

Valve covers I'm fine with.

I dislike drum brakes.

• Like 1

I dislike drum brakes.

I just sold one car in order to avoid servicing all three of those... :P

Really looking forward to this meet! 

The only taurus meet I've been to was the fusion meet in Albany NY last year.

I see there are some members coming down from the northern states. I have a set of snow tires im looking to part with (apparently there isnt a market for those kinds of things in Coastal Southern North Carolina). PM for details I don't want to hijack this thread.

And Angrod, i've got a set of brand new felpro valve cover gaskets i'd be willing to donate to your cause

Guys,

Due to recent issues with my fathers health I won't be able to attend the meet.  I was really looking forward to it, but he is scheduled for surgery the Friday of the meet weekend in the St. Louis VA Hospital for an aneurysm in his abdomen.  One of these days I'll get to come to one!  Nick we may have to talk about shipping that valance panel for the sable if you think it can be done. I will be looking forward to pictures a plenty!

Jeff

Things I'm looking for, to help mod the wagon:

- Early Gen 1 wagon rear swaybar (18mm)

- Gen 4 gray passenger-side power seat base

- Gen 1,2,3,4 wagon rear cargo net

I'd really appreciate it for anybody that has one (or all) of these parts to bring them along to the meet. :)

I dislike drum brakes.

Ok so valve cover gaskets and transmission fluid then. :P There's lots of northern rust everywhere so the other jobs can wait I suppose. They will just be massive knuckle busters anyway, especially the brakes.

Really looking forward to this meet! 

The only taurus meet I've been to was the fusion meet in Albany NY last year.

I see there are some members coming down from the northern states. I have a set of snow tires im looking to part with (apparently there isnt a market for those kinds of things in Coastal Southern North Carolina). PM for details I don't want to hijack this thread.

And Angrod, i've got a set of brand new felpro valve cover gaskets i'd be willing to donate to your cause

Replying to the gaskets; that's awesome! I should have replaced them a few years ago when I did my intake manifold gaskets but I decided not too. Now I have that burning oil smell. I just have to remember to bring RTV and a razor blade.

Don't bother with rtv and a blade I have those.

I don't want to leave you stranded doing ball joints so far away from home. With hardly any time to do them.

Valve covers no problem.