Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Southeast Fall Meet: October 10-11, 2015

Planning to do another Southeast Fall Meet - October 10-11, 2015.

It seems like Sunday is a better day for people to meet due to work schedules.

Anyone is welcome to come hang out on Saturday - we'll probably go check out downtown, wrench on the cars, BS, go eat BBQ, etc.

Saturday 10/10

General plan is for those arriving Saturday, we can hang out at the house, tinker with cars and what not, general BS.  Maybe go downtown for a pic next to the worlds largest fire hydrant. and hang out there.

meet at local BBQ place for dinner Saturday night.

My house is at: one hundred and twelve Rimer Pond Rd  Blythewood, SC 29016.

Sunday 10/11

Sunday 9-930AM, meet at the junkyard.  Pull A Part.  5702 Monticello Rd Columbia, SC 

Then cruise back to my house in Blythewood.  Line the vehicles up.  Get some pizza, ice cream, and other assorted food/drink and hang out.  Tinker with cars, BS for the remainder of the afternoon.  

Go to Lizard Thicket for dinner Sunday night (a local only chain restaurant with at least a dozen locations around Columbia).  Anyone whom has attended the meet before has enjoyed.

If you wish to stay at my place, I have room for maybe...4 people (1 in each bedroom, 1 on couch, 1 on floor).  I have only 1 bathroom.  If pushed, we could maybe put someone out in the kitchen, but that's pushing it.  

Otherwise, there are three hotels in Blythewood about 1 mile away from me: Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn and Comfort Inn.  All are very safe, very near to me, and very near the interstate I-77.

If you have any food or drink or anything you want to help out, chip in on or contribute - it would be really appreciated :-)  

I was waiting for this announcement. :D

I'll be there both days. Hopefully the weather holds up better than last year.

Let me check my schedule, but I should have no problems attending.   Unfortunately the wagon is not ready for a long haul so I'd have to bring the 09. I can get a room and likely chip in for some stuff.  Let me confirm everything...I'll post back.

Jeff

I'll request the vacation time.

Looking forward to it! 

I was waiting for this to go up. Count me in for both days!

As long as there is room I would like to stay at your place Nick.

I suppose I should start collecting parts to put on the car while I'm there. Valve cover gaskets for sure (hopefully that will fix the pesky vac leak.)

• Like 1

The '04 wagon will be the car coming south this time. B) 

I'll be bringing the new Edge Sport

I won't make it this year.

Nah I'm in. :P

• Like 1

I'll be there with a car. The Taurus is one, so ..

Are we taking bets as to which one you're bring ?  :icon_lol:

I say 5 speed vulcan.

• Like 2

I say 5 speed vulcan.

Not sure what I'll bring yet, unfortunately the stick wagon is on the bottom of the list. 

This is looking like it'll be a great weekend! chartmaker are you thinking to come?..

Just because of my eaten up vacation, I probably won't be able to attend this meet :(

If things change, I'll let everyone know :)

My vacation time off of work has been confirmed for Friday Oct. 9th through Tuesday Oct. 13th. I'm coming down south for this meet. 

Excellent news Brian !  Can't wait to see the wagon.. oh yeah, and you too  :icon_lol:

Ha. I'm fine with being the second most important attendee coming from IL for this meet. :P 

12-hour drive and almost 800 miles. Maybe I'll show up to this one..... Only issue is if Nick would allow me to stay at his place....

• Like 1

12-hour drive and almost 800 miles. Maybe I'll show up to this one..... Only issue is if Nick would allow me to stay at his place....

If he doesn't have any room, I could talk to my mother and see if you could use the spare bedroom.

The caveat is the hour and a half drive between Evans and Blythewood. It's a generally straight cruise, though.

• Like 2

Actually Mark I'm at max capacity at 4 guests - sorry I just don't have the room. My house is too small, lol. Ample parking though

Actually Mark I'm at max capacity at 4 guests - sorry I just don't have the room. My house is too small, lol. Ample parking though

Well if I do end up going sounds like I'd be at Zach's place.... Bring my Sable one day and Zach's MGM the next.....

Well if I do end up going sounds like I'd be at Zach's place.... Bring my Sable one day and Zach's MGM the next.....

Let me know if you're going to be able to make it and I'll try to make arrangements.

BTW, if we're starting a list of things to look for when we do the junkyard run, I might be looking for a driver's seat. Wear hasn't been kind on mine and there's some separation/tearing around the left hinge that goes to the back. Would make for a good excuse to find a set of Town Car seats.