http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-GV-GV-/181787530270?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a5361941e&item=181787530270

$_57.JPG

Seller is asking $5000. As I recall, these cars were $4995 new. My uncle, a very frugal physician, bought one new. He loved it. I think the only other new car he has ever owned was a Volvo 240 2 door. Last time I visited him, he was driving an older TDI New Beetle. But back to the Yugo. I was only able to find one, ONE, on eBay. I found that interesting.

Weird thing is that these still sell for many thousands because there are willing buyers for them. Somehow these little pieces of s**t have held their value. 

The description of the gear shift is accurate. Shifting quickly was not possible. He often showed the car to curious strangers who always found it weird that the spare tire was mounted in the engine bay next to the engine.

The description of the gear shift is accurate. Shifting quickly was not possible. He often showed the car to curious strangers who always found it weird that the spare tire was mounted in the engine bay next to the engine.

That was the front crash structure. :P 

Ya gotta be kidding? Someone is asking $5000 for a used Yugo? Well, to each his own. Some people will do anything to be unique. Some people have their nipples pierced. Others a little further down in their anatomy. Some will drive a Yugo or Lada or Trabant. Not me, driving a Ford is sufficient.

Ya gotta be kidding? Someone is asking $5000 for a used Yugo? Well, to each his own. Some people will do anything to be unique. Some people have their nipples pierced. Others a little further down in their anatomy. Some will drive a Yugo or Lada or Trabant. Not me, driving a Ford is sufficient.

Having one

I actually wouldn't mind having either three of those... :S

Something fascinates me over s**tbuckets. They have a unique thing about them that just draws me toward them.

I actually wouldn't mind having either three of those... :S

Something fascinates me over s**tbuckets. They have a unique thing about them that just draws me toward them.

That might be a sign of a tumor or something. You should consult your physician if appreciation of a total s**tbucket car lasts longer than 4 hours.

Guys, guys, guys. Civility. Although similar thoughts crossed my mind reading about the fascination some people have with former Soviet bloc cars (knockoffs of European cars - in some cases, like the Lada, they even bought the used tooling from Fiat.)

My thoughts however are much kinder. That expressed desire to own a Yugo or Lada or Zlin, reminded me of my boys when they were younger "Look at me dad, look at me. Look at me."

Of course, when the youngest was home, we confessed when he was about four or five, we watched him run, flop onto a skateboard and go sailing under the Armco barriers in the parking lot across the street. One time he dropped his chin a little too much and scraped it on the pavement. And we were watching and we laughed. Of course when we out to console the poor boy, it was all sympathy and hugs to make it better.

After we told him what we really did, he neatly reminded me, he will be the one choosing my nursing home. Be nice to your kids is my advice from an old guy. They will making many decisions for you in your later years.

Is that why you like GMC vans Kevin?

I like my GMC Vans because they actually work, unlike my 2007 Econoline that was nothing but problems. My 2000 GMC with more miles feels more modern and handles much better on the highway and when driving long distance, I have more room for my legs. That's why ;)

Guys, guys, guys. Civility. Although similar thoughts crossed my mind reading about the fascination some people have with former Soviet bloc cars (knockoffs of European cars - in some cases, like the Lada, they even bought the used tooling from Fiat.)

My thoughts however are much kinder. That expressed desire to own a Yugo or Lada or Zlin, reminded me of my boys when they were younger "Look at me dad, look at me. Look at me."

Of course, when the youngest was home, we confessed when he was about four or five, we watched him run, flop onto a skateboard and go sailing under the Armco barriers in the parking lot across the street. One time he dropped his chin a little too much and scraped it on the pavement. And we were watching and we laughed. Of course when we out to console the poor boy, it was all sympathy and hugs to make it better.

After we told him what we really did, he neatly reminded me, he will be the one choosing my nursing home. Be nice to your kids is my advice from an old guy. They will making many decisions for you in your later years.

It's more the simplicity they used to make them.

They are s**t buckets, however it's a primitive vehicle that goes, and that fascinates me. Same with the original Mini, It was nothing fancy. Never was anything fancy. Then again, I pretty much like every car, I don't discriminate, I can find a something I like in a vehicle or brand that is redeeming and go with it. If it has wheels, and an engine, I am interested! :P