What Kind Of Rims/tires Is Everyone Running If You Not Still Oem/factory?

I'm pretty happy with the ones on it now, they're in really good shape. But I'm always looking. LOL

Running 17 inch rims on wagon, tried another set on the sedan, and had Generation 4 SEL rims on the 1995 wagon back then.

bkhwVrH.jpg
2000 Wagon (aftermarket Volvo 17 inch rims)

258rsiw.jpg
Black Taurus sedan with 17" aftermarket rims (test fit on front - stock Taurus with winter tires on rear)

GFbgvwf.jpg
1995 Wagon with Generation 4 SEL 16 inch rims

Edited by SHO-WGN
  • Like 1

Always happy to see more (mature) members (thank you Michael). In my humble opinion, wheels make the car. My first new car (a 1967 Fastback Mustang) had aftermarket ET mags (aluminum wheels.) Every car after that was treated to custom wheels: stock rims were used for winter tires (like the rear ones on the black Taurus sedan pictured above) and new rims purchased, in Plus One size, which were shod with a higher performance summer tire. My choice for winter tires are P215/60R16 Michelin X-Ice, summer tires are P225/55R17 Michelin HydroEdge now on their last year; not sure what they will be replaced with at the moment.

If anyone uses MS Excel and wants a copy of my old tire selector spreadsheet, just send me your email and I will forward it to you.

• Like 1

Did going to 17's affect the ride much, I'm really going for looks more than handling. the ride is one of the main things like about the Sable.  My Mustang is lowered with 18x9 front & 18x10.5 rear rims/tires. I handles great but will jar your fillings loose.

My baby:

post-3977-0-99920600-1436046563_thumb.jp

u2Ie6bU.jpg

u8KjmnX.jpg

My baby is a Focus wagon (SVT-WGN) which is lowered, also with 17 inch rims (winter and summer). The ride is definitely harsher in that car. But then again, it corners a teensie weensie bit better. The 17 inch rims do not make much of a difference on the Taurus. The Michelin HydroEdge are fantastic in the rain. The wagon seems to handle very well, but that could be the tires more than the rims. The sample 17 inch (black rims) on the black Taurus sedan rubbed the inside of the fenders, were lousy in the snow, so were not purchased. One set of 17 inch are fantastic, the other set was not. Best advice, is to just try them.

I should also mention, I have ample padding in the nether regions (we call it being gravitationally challenged) so what is a rough ride for some, is smooth for me.

Edited by SHO-WGN
  • Like 1