Is Anyone Using An Fm Modulator With Their Phones/stereo?

If so what brand/model?  All my music is on my phone, I don't really play cd's enough to get an changer/new head unit.

Thanks. 

I removed a Clarion FM modulator (FM 200) from a car. It worked fine. It's just kicking around in a box of car audio junk if you want it.

I had one in my old sable, worked great. On my 02 sable I did the aux jack mod and added a BT adapter for wireless streaming.

Well I bought the Scosche  lighter mount one at Wal-Mart Sunday, I returned it Monday. I don't know if I got a bad one or what, but you could move the 3.5mm cable around and get lots of static.  I ordered the Scosche AUX jack/FM modulator when I got back home.  What Bluetooth adapter are you using? Walk-Mart has a "Cobra" branded one for $49.00 I think it was.  Thanks.

• Like 1

well for me its not just a BT adapter. What I use is a bt adapter yes lol but its a aux jack style bt adapter. You plug it into any USB source and it has a 3.5mm jack on it for the audio to stream into. This is my video of what I did and did to add the bluetooth:

Well I bought the Scosche  lighter mount one at Wal-Mart Sunday, I returned it Monday. I don't know if I got a bad one or what, but you could move the 3.5mm cable around and get lots of static.  I ordered the Scosche AUX jack/FM modulator when I got back home.  What Bluetooth adapter are you using? Walk-Mart has a "Cobra" branded one for $49.00 I think it was.  Thanks.

Don't get a cobra. Their non CB/Walkie Talkie products suck.

The one you bought is the one i have, and it works great for me. Try another one.

The main reason i don't swap out the radio is twofold, i got a 1996 thunderbird with the Premium Sound 80W amp/CD player.

1: i got the same issues the 1996-2007 D186 platform has...the radio controls are in the dash, and the brains are in the trunk.

2: I like the novelty of having a 1996 CD player.