Hey everybody, just checking in! I know I don't get on much anymore.

I ended buying a thing 2 weeks ago. I wanted to get in the seat of something new... like, right off the dealer lot new.

I looked at some 2015 SHOs and found this one...

poIGYwp.jpgByTkXnn.jpgeu2qILH.jpgy6maz9u.jpg

... looked at it for like 30 seconds, and then came to my senses and got this beauty. :P

Qhtvqwk.jpg

Regards,

Your favorite (loyal Mopar owning) President of the Taurus & Sable Owners Club.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

So you really need to have a completely different car for each annual TSOC meet, huh? :P The yellow Daytona was "expired" after last May's meet. 

• Like 1

So you really need to have a completely different car for each annual TSOC meet, huh? :P The yellow Daytona was "expired" after last May's meet. 

Well of course! Gotta keep it fresh!

In all seriousness, the Daytona needed ~$10,000+ in replacement body panels, bodywork and paint to get it back into the shape I would have wanted it to be in. All of that money on a 2006 with (by the time I get around to having the money to do it all) 100k+ miles on it just isn't feasible. Long story short, it was side swiped with 12k miles on it in New York by the first owner. It was horrendously bondoed and repainted. It needed 2 new fenders (dented), a new rear door (bondo), a new rear drivers quarter (bondo) and a full strip and repaint.

That all didn't bother me when I bought it, but the fact I had 4 more years of payments left on it made me reconsider. 

Oh, I would also like to show off how much metal flake this paint has. It's drop dead gorgeous in the sun.

11112840_10206300168524886_1226337572850

• Like 1

For a guy your size I don't blame you for passing on the Taurus. The Charger is nice but I do like the previous front end better.

Can't go wrong with Metallic Blue either.

The front/rear clip redesign on the new Chargers makes me think of the LTD Crown Victorias when those got the Aero clips. A refresh on a design isn't always a bad thing unless executed poorly. Dodge did well on this new restyle.

0uu1a7H.png

Congrats on the purchase!

The color of that Dodge looks amazing!

Dammit!

All the new junk. I get a new car every Monday - Sick of them.

I hoped this thread was going to show you driving one of those old VW Thing cars. THAT would be unique!

• Like 1

Devin, a very sharp looking car.

That color really pops!

I knew you'd have to get another car after Sean got his cars!!

We have to set up a Dearborn meet for Sandy.

• 2 weeks later...

That SHO looked better and will probably last longer.

Heh, I don't think so. My best friend works at a Ford dealer and says stay away from any EcoBoost. Says they go through turbos like mad.

The HEMI is tried and true, and known to be very reliable.

• Like 2

I sadly agree.

Heh, I don't think so. My best friend works at a Ford dealer and says stay away from any EcoBoost. Says they go through turbos like mad.

I agree on the ecoboost. As much as I wanted the 2.0 ecoboost Fusion Titanium I stayed far away

The HEMI is tried and true, and known to be very reliable.

I am not defending the EcoBoost but the Hemi has it's own issues. Look up Hemi Timing Chain Failure:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/timing-chain-failure-dodge-challenger-69216/

Just saying they are not perfect.

I am not defending the EcoBoost but the Hemi has it's own issues. Look up Hemi Timing Chain Failure:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/timing-chain-failure-dodge-challenger-69216/

Just saying they are not perfect.

Didn't say they were perfect, but those affected motor were recalled. It's not every HEMI. Both my 2006 and my 2015 HEMI's do not have this issue.

Again you guys are comparing Apples to Oranges.  One engine only has 5 years of real world applications, the other almost 3 times that.