How Do I Tell If My Car Has Vaps?

Third gens with a Vulcan could be had with VAPS. Wish I could tell you how on a third gen...will have to research and let you know

• Like 2

I thought it might be in ETIS, but it doesn't look like it.

Does the steering feel lighter at slow speeds than at faster speeds?

And it will have a valve/motor on top of the rack, just a tick toward center of the shaft bout the size of a fist with a bundle of wires out of it. All Lin Cont have it and it is user selected. I use "light".

-chart-

The steering in my 02 Duratec feels the same as my old 05 Taurus, and feels like Brian's 05 Taurus with a Vulcan. However, I got the VAPS in both my Thunderbirds, and Taurus.

On the earlier Fords, they had a separate computer that ran the VAPS system. On the newer ones, 2000 and even 2002, I only find a power steering pressure switch in the PCM Wiring, but nothing really else.

Because there is a huge difference in steering feedback between my 95 Wagon and the 02 Sable LS, The 95 I can control with my pinky, the 02 does require considerable amount of force.

The steering in my 02 Duratec feels the same as my old 05 Taurus, and feels like Brian's 05 Taurus with a Vulcan. However, I got the VAPS in both my Thunderbirds, and Taurus.

On the earlier Fords, they had a separate computer that ran the VAPS system. On the newer ones, 2000 and even 2002, I only find a power steering pressure switch in the PCM Wiring, but nothing really else.

Because there is a huge difference in steering feedback between my 95 Wagon and the 02 Sable LS, The 95 I can control with my pinky, the 02 does require considerable amount of force.

Does Brian's have VAPS? My steering is tight and really tactile feeling. Love it.

Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AntDeek

Does Brian's have VAPS? My steering is tight and really tactile feeling. Love it. Anthony Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2005 Taurus SEL did not. The 2004 Sable LS wagon does. 

cool. hope that wire pic I posted indicates VAPS.

That wire is the pressure switch. It tells the PCM to increase idle speed for turning.

-chart-