Sign in to follow this  
SHO-WGN

2000 Wagon Rear Cover Fastener

6V2Tlct.jpg

I am looking for a part for my 2000 Taurus wagon. The part is the CD changer/storage door cover located at the very rear, right hand side of the wagon. (See photo). Do not want to pay more than a couple of dollars plus postage (yeah, I am a cheap SOB). Right now I am using surgical tape, and I can (and do) live with that. Not very many wrecked wagons out here, with a grey interior and not missing parts.

Actually, all that is really needed is one black snap fastener (see empty hole), so whatever is easiest to mail.

Edited by SHO-WGN

6V2Tlct.jpg

I am looking for a part for my 2000 Taurus wagon. The part is the CD changer/storage door cover located at the very rear, right hand side of the wagon. (See photo). Do not want to pay more than a couple of dollars plus postage (yeah, I am a cheap SOB). Right now I am using surgical tape, and I can (and do) live with that. Not very many wrecked wagons out here, with a grey interior and not missing parts.

Actually, all that is really needed is one black snap fastener (see empty hole), so whatever is easiest to mail.

Actually best of luck on that. I got the only one at our JY or I would pick one up and mail it. I was missing one.

It has a spring in the back and fastener on it. Maybe someone on the post will be at a JY with a wagon.

-chart-

WagonDoor_zpsh6bxabda.jpg

5 parts or 4 depending on how many washers you use. The plastic nuts unscrew easily and will fall off and all is lost.

Add a washer and makes it tighter in the latch hole. And the reverse.

Maybe someone will be going to the JY and can help.

And to other G-4 wagoneers, watch your nuts.

-chart-

-

Good one Chart. Although I suspect the majority are here on this forum. :)

Not only that, it looks like I may have to outbid some of the other forum members.

Edited by SHO-WGN