Vash

So Spring Is Coming Quickly

I think the title states the general idea of this post. Spring is right around to corner. April 1st and the parking ban is off and no significant snow storms will be expected. And we can finally wash our cars and work on them in above freezing temps. So how about a meet?

• Like 1

Possibly!

I am finishing school this May, and will be graduating in early-mid May. That being said, I do have a lot going on in anticipation of all the school stuff to sort through, applying for jobs, etc. I don't know when I will and won't have free time, but if you guys set up a meet, I will see if I can make it to something. Otherwise, I couldn't give anyone a good idea of when I'd be able to do anything :/

April 1st and the parking ban is off and no significant snow storms will be expected.

Don't count on it... the only time I ever had school cancelled was May 2nd, and with how mild this winter has been so far we're bound to get punished for it later.

That said, I'll likely be up for a meet.

I think the title states the general idea of this post. Spring is right around to corner. April 1st and the parking ban is off and no significant snow storms will be expected. And we can finally wash our cars and work on them in above freezing temps. So how about a meet?

"Mostly clear. Lows near zero"

You can dream but this is the depth of winter in NY. Average temps do not change for 2 more weeks+ = Feb 14 it the turning point.

Our record snow falls are set in March. Wheeeeee!

-chart-

You know, I think a bigger concern than the weather is what the current inventory at U-Pull will be in April... ;)

Exactly. I need to get out there for both bumpers, a hood, and a passenger headlight. They have two gray Taurus' there now (04 and 05).

I could certainly use some stuff for my 03

I'm in Fargo now, but I plan on going home to the Cities in two weeks, and I was going to try to get out there with my dad and his truck for everything. That's probably too early for a meet, though, and I have plans on Saturday too so I wouldn't be able to hang around.

I would like to find a patriot blue hood. But I don't even know what years patriot blue was used. I do know that if it is a blue 2003 it is patriot blue. Beyond that I have no clue.

I won't be going there until it warms up again. I have done the winter thing. Really not feeling it this year. Don't need anything that desperately.

2003 was the only year Ford produced the Taurus in Patriot Blue Metallic...they didn't have any color close in 2002 or older, but in 2004 they had True Blue Clearcoat Metallic, which is close, but they only had that color for 2004.

I've also gone there in the winter, and it's not fun. Especially because you almost have to use gloves with fingers instead of mittens and that usually means you'll have cold-as-f*ck fingers.

Well that is unfortunate. Ford already had that color back in 01 on the Cougar... Oh well.

Just have to watch for a blue 03 to pop up on their inventory.

I have a few other things I need too so it wouldn't be a waisted trip even if there was no blue 03 taurus present.

I came across a Patriot Blue Taurus this past summer, I took the spoiler off of it which is still sitting in the garage.

The only thing specific to that color that I really want is a hood. Besides the roof the hood got hit the worst. And there are a lot of places on the hood where I cannot get to for pdr.

The trunk has 17 dings, passenger quarter panel has 15, doors have maybe 5-10 each and the fender as well. The passenger rear door window seal has 4 or 5 major dings so I will replace that. Roof and hood have too many for me to bother counting. a lot of this damage I will be able to get out with some time and my pdr tools. Some I obviously will not be able to get to from behind the panel due to the structure of the car.

Anyway I kind of got way off topic here haha

I really would enjoy a trip to the junkyard right about now.. I would love to find a black 01-02 cougar to get the bumpers from too. That is unlikely though

We'll have to see if we can get a meet in order once the snow is gone and when the ground (hopefully) isn't too muddy.

• Like 1

We have almost no snow at all here right now. Mostly just ice build up that hasn't melted... Maybe spring won't be so muddy. I'm sure we will have more snow before then anyway though.

I have a sinking feeling we will have a big dump before winter is out.

GHday_zpsd2f9eb32.jpg

Expect 5-8" snow, no chance of SUN!

Winter is OVER!

-chart-

12-15" of snow for Chicagoland this weekend. :suicide:

We keep warming up here and the snow melts and then it gets really cold and everything turns into an ice rink >:[

12-15" of snow for Chicagoland this weekend. :suicide:

Heard you are behind in snowfall for the season. This should be catchup time.

We are expecting 5-8" here in upstate NY so we will just stay home tomorrow.

Snow blower gassed and ready to go.

Future forecast, sun, snow, snow, sun, snow, snow, repeat, over and over.

Our larger record snowfall history occurs in mid Feb to mid March. Lake effect mostly over, Noreasters in full swing.

-chart-

im in! so sick of winter! Just went to go start the taurus sitting in my buddies back yard and thought to check back here and start a "lets get a meet going thread"  Just learned my "street" is actually a private drive due to some lawyers and associations years ago so I can park on my street whenever I want, may go get the taurus out soon!

Nice! I'm excited to get everyone together again, Did we even have a real meet last year? And I will finally be able to attend in a TAURUS! so that will be a first.

• Like 1

im in! so sick of winter! Just went to go start the taurus sitting in my buddies back yard and thought to check back here and start a "lets get a meet going thread"  Just learned my "street" is actually a private drive due to some lawyers and associations years ago so I can park on my street whenever I want, may go get the taurus out soon!

10 day forecast here in South NY State:

lows range -12 to +11

Highest high +27

Snow 5 of the 10 days.

So that puts us to near March with no letup.

Just boring.

-chart-

Well that is unfortunate. Ford already had that color back in 01 on the Cougar... Oh well.

Just have to watch for a blue 03 to pop up on their inventory.

I have a few other things I need too so it wouldn't be a waisted trip even if there was no blue 03 taurus present.

IIRC Patriot Blue Metallic was also on the 2002 Sports. But 2003 was the only year of full availability.

U Pull has a '97 SHO with a full set of chromies...