Sign in to follow this  
AntDeek

Any Hate Against Tcca?

Is there any reason why I see posts here of people taking the TCCA decals of their cars? Why did most people switch over here?

Just asking because I'm purely curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCCA was the original Taurus forum for all I know, I have a TCCA sticker on my Sable and proud to have it on there.  

TCCA was the original Taurus forum for all I know, I have a TCCA sticker on my Sable and proud to have it on there.  

Lots of us are on both groups. I do not use stickers of any kind.

Different groups, different persoality.

-chart-

• Like 1

Story time!

TCCA was once a privately owned club. It changed hands many times, and each time it only affected the users. Users donated an exorbitant amount of money to help the forum. Users contributed a lot of time, effort, and resources to build it to what it was. Tons of research was done to projects. Solely because it was a forum for the users, and it was 100% free, and ad-free for paid members, and even the ads they had were small. Then Autoguide comes along. With no option to ask us users what we wanted. They change everything. The forum software, the layouts, the look, the feel. Then they shove a ton of ads on it. I don't want to see ads for Buicks or whatever.

This is what it looked like in its last rendition before AutoGuide:

tcca1.png

Basically we were told if we didn't like the changes to the forum: go leave. And basically, that's what a bunch of many old-timers did.

I understand the thought of needing ads to generate revenue. But now this large amounts of ad revenue is at a cost of being a commercial site. They do whatever they want and give no disregard to people who helped build the site to what it was. They banned a long time contributor just because they could. At least here is a true sense of community, when Devin requires funding to help the site. Users donate to keep TSOC going. Had the previous owner of TCCA done that, we would have helped no questions asked. Or maybe had he sold it to another Taurus Owner vs. selling to a business, also would have been ok with that too.

I am sure other users have their own, but that's the majority of why users are upset there.

It's probably for the best that I do not answer your question... :ph34r: 

• Like 2

I think Kevin got it right. Brian has a special hate for TCCA;)

I took over (with extreme limitations by auto guide) as the admin in 2013. I've tried to make it much better but sadly there isn't a thing I can do about the ads and it is rather frustrating. Ad block does wonders though.

TCCA has a massive wealth of knowledge that's over 10 years old. It also has many people (like we do here) that are extremely knowledgable and helpful). I think it's a place for people with no taurus knowledge to go for help as well as senior experienced people. There's much more of a "club" atmosphere here though. That's almost completely gone on TCCA.

I don't think anyone can argue that TCCA is much better then it was before I started trying to fix it up. However, you also must know it will never ever return to its former glory. It's a way for a bunch of rich guys to make a bunch of money. Sad but true. There are just too many God damn ads on that site and I'm sorry to all its users. I wish there was something I could do about it!

Of course if there is anything I can do better, let me know!

I lurk there. But I don't really do much over there. I am just glad when AutoGuide did buy it, they didn't purge all the old stuff. Which I have seen in the past with other forums. :(

AutoGuide didn't just buy it. After years of community ownership, the site president and owner secretly sold out to AutoGuide, took the money and ran.

• Like 2

The nicest way to put anything is that outgoing and incoming management did everything in secret. There was no "guys, there's not enough money in the till to run the forum." There was no "I'm going to sell the forum to AutoGuide unless someone else can step up." There was no "AutoGuide is going to shred the layout of the site, change the software, and litter it with ads" - in fact, they refused to answer inquiries to that effect at the beginning.

Then the two most active and helpful moderators were dismissed without warning, and at that point I gave up on it. A lot of others did as well, because it was clear that the established community was no longer welcome there.

I do find it brutally ironic that the reason Mr. Kennedy owned TCCA in the first place (or, so we were told) was because the previous owner was working with an SHO parts supplier who wanted to put up a banner ad - just their logo - in the header graphic, and the ensuing kerfuffle nearly brought down the forum entirely. All to keep a single banner ad off the site. Lot of good that did.

• Like 1

I try to go back there and look up resources every once in a while, but it's so frustrating with the ads and the layout I usually give up.

I left when TCCA got so commercial. It took forever to get thru the ads and posts etc. So when Nick said "follow this link."  I did ! And I don't look back.

As far as decals, my TCCA one peeled off and we've yet to get organized and get one for us. 

I do lurk around TCCA around Carlisle Ford Nationals Time to keep up with who's going and what's planned.

Otherwise, I come here for help and to keep up with everyone. Oh and those excellent meets ! I never would have seen the Henry Ford Museum if it hadn't been for the Dearborn meet a few years ago. And now I'm an old pro at making the run from Harrisburg to Nick's back yard ! 

You guys rock !  :HappyDance2:

It's probably for the best that I do not answer your question... :ph34r:

I agree with Brian on this. not saying a word. if i speak ill regret it. 

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

----------------------------------------------------------

Speaking ill of anyone, by anyone, will not be tolerated in this thread.

Informational posts about the switch-over and new forums is ok, but keep it civil.

• Like 2

Noted

So to answer the OP's question, yes there is some hate. I haven't been back to TCCA since the evil overlord invasion.

My view : People that visit either of these sites still need help.  Regardless of what happened - not everyone that posts cares to know, or cares about the drama - they just want their stupid *bleeping* car to work so they can go to work - and they need help.

I don't like what happened, I don't like how I saw well respected people get treated - but that is now the past.  

• Like 2

Informational posts about the switch-over and new forums is ok, but keep it civil.

Really?

Owner before Jason did a special form of harm, IMNSHO, to many members and deserved less than what he got, and was late for the door when he went out of it.

I was there 2 crashes before the crash when I rejoined again in January of 2003. The Kennedy takeover left me scratching my head to be sure, and the sell off was simply sad. But watching the older younglings freaking out over the more recent drama was nothing less than humorous to me after all the things I'd seen from the earliest of years.

That said, I hang on both sites - Here for the community, you guys rock - and 'there' to help the occasional wayward V8 SHO owner who can't find his ass with both hands and is only getting junk info. Look at my post count over there. Very rare measured against my time served. I'm one of the very oldest members there yet have nearly the same post count here.

• Like 2

Thank you guys, I feel enlightened now :)

That being said, I feel as though there is a WEALTH of information from both sides, especially on ford-taurus.org. Thanks Bull Geek ;)

You may as well ban me now....

• Like 1

You may as well ban me now....

LOL.