Introducing Nosho, Mark 2: 2004 Mercury Sable Ls Premium Wagon

After 15 days, I brought home my replacement for the recently totalled '05 Taurus that was my always-dependable daily driver for the last 7 years. This post represents the beginning of my plan to integrate mods removed from the wreckage of NOSHO Mark 1 and enhance the wagon from factory stock... to my very own flavor of specialty vehicles. B)

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wagon is getting an instrument cluster upgrade tomorrow.  

Who's driving the much better looking red car?

Remote start/security alarm, Bluetooth handsfree phone, hardwired radar/laser detector, 10 minute radio power delay circuit, MyColor interior accent lighting, and the Gen 2 column shift lever. These f

Posted Images

So will I. :P

Well, I just secured a set of 1997-style taillamps so that this car will have amber rear turn signals, and I should be receiving custom floormats and a rear cargo privacy cover (in the correct gray color) in a few days.

So will I. :P

Well, I just secured a set of 1997-style taillamps so that this car will have amber rear turn signals, and I should be receiving custom floormats and a rear cargo privacy cover (in the correct gray color) in a few days.

I'm glad you're modding the rear tails. Amber > red turn signals. 

• Like 1

After 15 days, I brought home my replacement for the recently totalled '05 Taurus that was my always-dependable daily driver for the last 7 years. This post represents the beginning of my plan to integrate mods removed from the wreckage of NOSHO Mark 1 and enhance the wagon from factory stock... to my very own flavor of specialty vehicles. B)

Seems most Sable wagons are silver frost.

Wagons14_zps380d828b.jpg

Can't break the habit myself.

Congrats on yours.

-chart-

20150125_164753.jpg

So spacious :)

20150125_174231.jpg

20150125_174305.jpg

20150125_174330.jpg

20150125_200126.jpg

Action Shot:

20150125_200151.jpg

20150125_200213.jpg

I will admit, I like the earlier style fog lights better.

But I hate my car right now. I am sore as a ************ due to those horrid tires. I need to get them off ASAP. :(

• Like 2

I like the wagon:) more powah is nice, but you cannot beat that Vulcan reliability (as long as you don't overheat it!). Already has read disc brakes too! Saves tons of time and money!

I was going to ask where gas was $1.999. Then I went to Gasbuddy.com and found the answer-half the country. I guess I'm in a New York State of mind! That's right behind Alaska, Hawaii, and Califiornia.

I was going to ask where gas was $1.999. Then I went to Gasbuddy.com and found the answer-half the country. I guess I'm in a New York State of mind! That's right behind Alaska, Hawaii, and Califiornia.

IIRC that was Lebanon, Indiana.

The wagon has a ton of great features preloaded. It's going to need little work to be an amazing car. :)

I got gasoline at Sam's Club for $1.96 the other day. I was shocked at how gas was low in Illinois actually

• Like 1

Dude gas got under $1.50 a gallon here for a short period of time. It fluctuates up to $1.99 and down to $1.60 over each week or 2. Hasn't gone back past $2 in months though. I paid as low as $1.79 for 93 octane. I filled my tank for under $40 and continue to be able to do that that feels so great! (20 gallon tank). Friends who have little cars keep filling theirs up for under $20 with regular gas and it's mind boggling to me. Highest I ever paid for gas was $4.09 in Nortch Carolina a few summers ago for shell v power.

Gas is $1.75 today.

Dude gas got under $1.50 a gallon here for a short period of time. It fluctuates up to $1.99 and down to $1.60 over each week or 2. Hasn't gone back past $2 in months though. I paid as low as $1.79 for 93 octane. I filled my tank for under $40 and continue to be able to do that that feels so great! (20 gallon tank). Friends who have little cars keep filling theirs up for under $20 with regular gas and it's mind boggling to me. Highest I ever paid for gas was $4.09 in Nortch Carolina a few summers ago for shell v power.

Gas is $1.75 today.

2 summers ago, I once filled up at a station in the city of Chicago. $5.23 for regular 87 Oct. It physically hurt to swipe my debit card at the pump.

Welcomee to the elite club of duratec ownership. :) nice looking Sable!!! When do I get to meet her?

I have long lists of things that can be done now that you have a wagon........ :ohnoes:

• Like 2

I have long lists of things that can be done now that you have a wagon........ :ohnoes:

Including how to maximize trunk space to carry Yuengling home  :icon_lol:

Congrats Brian, she's a beauty ! Can't wait to see it in person ! 

• Like 2

If you want to delete your third cat with resonator and GT muffler on this one I know a shop that'll do it...no receipts

What was I thinking.... why did the thought even cross my mind, that possibly... just MAYBE I would open this thread and see a vehicle that WASN'T silver frost...

Some things never change....

Brian <3's Silver Frost.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1