Ford's All New Ecoboost Supercar

Don't forget about the Ecoboost Super Truck.  Hopefully they just go for the big number and give it 500hp.

I'm very curious as to what Ford has done to the internals of the 3.5L to handle these applications, it must be built like a tank with everything being forged parts.  Aftermarket parts for the 3.5L block are going to take off though, you will be able to get pistons and rods that can take a massive amount of power.

uonsujazbawmszgkiibo.jpg

Went out to Ford's website tonight and this was the default webpage. I wish the list included a Taurus SHO, Focus RS, Fiesta RS, and a Fusion ST or Fusion RT (or better yet, both!).

FordPerf_zpsb4be847e.jpg

The Focus RS is still a ways out, as is the Taurus.  I would think that Ford will keep the Taurus revel for a later date, most likely release the Taurus and the new aluminum Super Duty at the same time.

True, but it doesn't make waiting any easier haha. They're doing a lot in the way of performance models, and even making standard models engaging to drive.

That's because most of the population wants to drive fun sporty cars, not station wagons like many people on this forum...no offense but they only build stuff that sells.

Although I think a Mondeo/Fusion wagon would sell to the point of being profitable.  The way the current Fusion looks they should have given it a shot, it was a cool looking wagon.

Station wagons can be fun (see models from Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Audi) but Americans don't buy them. Americans go for SUVs, crossovers and vans. I'd rather have an engaging and fun station wagon or SUV, but the lack of demand for them in the States means fewer options to choose from, so...SUV it is. Of course, there's always the Flex with the 3.5 EcoBoost.

20 years ago every sedan came in a wagon variant practically. I'd buy a wagon over a sedan nowadays (if they made them).

I really do hope they reveal the new Taurus sometime this year. It would make sense... Last update was MY 2013 so we are in MY 2015 now and the Taurus has been in a 3 year design cycle since MY 2010... MY 2016 should be the refresh year.

I'm interested to see whether they put it on a stretched Fusion platform, a whole new/different platform, or get rid of it all together (which is possible).

Also, maybe there will be no update and they will string it along until they shift the Explorer to a new platform which will be a ways off since the redesign comes out this year... I'm sure most of their sales are to rental fleets/police who don't care about redesigns.

20 years ago every sedan came in a wagon variant practically. I'd buy a wagon over a sedan nowadays (if they made them).

I really do hope they reveal the new Taurus sometime this year. It would make sense... Last update was MY 2013 so we are in MY 2015 now and the Taurus has been in a 3 year design cycle since MY 2010... MY 2016 should be the refresh year.

I'm interested to see whether they put it on a stretched Fusion platform, a whole new/different platform, or get rid of it all together (which is possible).

Also, maybe there will be no update and they will string it along until they shift the Explorer to a new platform which will be a ways off since the redesign comes out this year... I'm sure most of their sales are to rental fleets/police who don't care about redesigns.

It's already been revealed that the next Taurus will ride on a modified Fusion platform. I do hope it comes out for 2016, though. I'm excited for it!!

The new Explorer looks damn good, regardless of which platform it rides on.

Went out to Ford's website tonight and this was the default webpage. I wish the list included a Taurus SHO, Focus RS, Fiesta RS, and a Fusion ST or Fusion RT (or better yet, both!).

FordPerf_zpsb4be847e.jpg

It appears that Ford just took the opportunity at NAIAS to say "Happy 2015!" to their fans, and "f**k all of y'all!" to their competitors, then dropped the mic on stage. :ph34r:

:P

It appears that Ford just took the opportunity at NAIAS to say "Happy 2015!" to their fans, and "f**k all of y'all!" to their competitors, then dropped the mic on stage. :ph34r:

:P

And not a single f**k was given by Ford haha.

Seriously, though, as a brand Ford is doing great things yet seems to be under-appreciated in the automotive industry.

• Like 1

It's already been revealed that the next Taurus will ride on a modified Fusion platform. I do hope it comes out for 2016, though. I'm excited for it!!

The new Explorer looks damn good, regardless of which platform it rides on.

It's been rumoured that it will, but never officially confirmed by Ford I don't think.

Ford is dropping the P2 platform, don't worry, and if in some wild world they don't I might be looking at buying a Japanese car because it is getting pathetic.

Ford is dropping the P2 platform, don't worry, and if in some wild world they don't I might be looking at buying a Japanese car because it is getting pathetic.

The Fusion is nice?

The Fusion is nice. If you want a Taurus on a Fusion platform why not just buy a Fusion and scrape the letters off and put Taurus LX? :P

The GT looks sick!! Sex on wheels!! :D

I'm hoping the '16 Taurus gets revaled soon!! I can't wait, but also worried cause some of Ford's designs are interesting (not bad, but not good either- i.e. the F-150). Here's hoping it'll look good! :banana:

Just saw the new GT on MotorTrend's website. Ford killed it with the styling. Looks awesome. Love the flying buttress rear quarter. My only wish is that it was a hybrid to compete with the P1, 918, LaFerrari, and NSX. The next Corvette is rumored to have a mid-engined hybrid variant.

The Fusion is nice. If you want a Taurus on a Fusion platform why not just buy a Fusion and scrape the letters off and put Taurus LX? :P

It would be nice in my old age to know there will be a car for me to want lol...

I was thinking about getting a Fusion as my next car... You just gave me an awesome idea... Replace the Fusion badge with Taurus.

Edited by mmmfloorpie

There you go :P

Just like with what I did once :P

IMG_1630.jpg

Lots of cars today share platforms.  But if I want a large car a Taurus on a P2 platform is not going to cut it. 

The new Taurus needs to have a much lower roof line and have the look of vehicle with a really long wheel base, like a BMW 7 series/Audi A8 look.  Which by some of the spy shots is what they appear to be doing.  Would you just throw a 7 series badge on a BMW 5 series...No, they are very different cars.  This is what Ford needs to accomplish, different but still similar.  When I see a full sized car I want to see that extra long wheelbase, that just oozes class.  Look at the A8, just look at the size of the doors and the length of that wheelbase, that is a full sized car.  The problem with the current Taurus is that it appears as tall as it is long, for me the length to height ratio is key.  I think the best thing for the Taurus is to just stretch the Fusion and make it look a little more grown up.  That is what every single luxury car manufacturer does.

Audi_A8_2013_%2811209853445%29.jpg

• Like 1