Bull Geek

Brian Was Involved In Accident And Is Ok

Wowwwwwwwww :( I'm sorry Brian! Sad to see that happen, and unfortunately it looks like it's totalled....

Sorry to hear what happened and see the pics, man. It looks pretty rough. You'll have to let us know what insurance gives you for options. Glad you're okay.

If fixing is not practical, you could buy Nick's car-no rust!

With all due respect to Nick, I'm not considering the purchase of another club member's car.

Thank you very much, to everybody. I'm definitely very lucky to have walked away without even a scratch from this extremely severe collision.

My insurance company's adjuster is supposed to be examining the Taurus sometime on or before Friday. Once I have any news to report about decisions to be made, I will update this thread. At this time, I honestly don't expect this sheer amount of damage to be repairable... and I'm not so sure that I would want it repaired, even if it can be done.

With all due respect to Nick, I'm not considering the purchase of another club member's car.

That's understandable, and I'd probably end up looking elsewhere too.

Thank you very much, to everybody. I'm definitely very lucky to have walked away without even a scratch from this extremely severe collision.

My insurance company's adjuster is supposed to be examining the Taurus sometime on or before Friday. Once I have any news to report about decisions to be made, I will update this thread. At this time, I honestly don't expect this sheer amount of damage to be repairable... and I'm not so sure that I would want it repaired, even if it can be done.

I can understand not wanting it repaired with too much damage. Some cars that can be and are repaired shouldn't be, because they end up being...different. Sometimes, it's just time to move on, even if it's hard.

Hope everything turns out ok.

Be sure to tell the insurance adjuster all that you've put, part wise, into the car recently.

We did that with my nephew's car when it was totaled and he got a bit more $$$ for the car.

Be sure to tell the insurance adjuster all that you've put, part wise, into the car recently.

We did that with my nephew's car when it was totaled and he got a bit more $$$ for the car.

When my '03 Sable was totaled in '01 it was because of the top needing replaced. Big bucks. They used a very point by point inspection of every detail, scratch, seat condition, pulled the dipsticks and checked fluid, tire depth, and then got 3 for sale cars on the listing with options and advertised price, and averaged them. Since my buy was a repro and priced as is, I got more than I paid for the car, and bought it back for $406. New glass top and front, used hood and 48K miles and 3+ years of fine service. Of course, dents in the top still there, but it is a good transport.

Tree fell on it.

But that is NY law. In my case the ins paid me the sales tax value on the price the adjusted on my settlement. As by NY, I did not have to re-title. My car insureance carrier was clear that I cannot collect twice so my future value for any insurance claim is still = $406.

I paid to have the winshield done, but did the top glass and hood. And glass shards removal from the climate area and all inside the car.

Of course in my case, no structure damage to the running gear.

In NY they cannot repair a car where the damage is within $1K of the market value. My est of repair was over the value of the vehicle.

-chart-

Sorry about your car man..soo sorry dude! As much as I hate to say it too, but the insurance company might say it's totaled.   :icon_frown:

Glad you're ok though Nick!

" I'm definitely very lucky to have walked away without even a scratch from this extremely severe collision."

That's what sold me on the Taurus when my first one got totaled. Even the Highway Patrol told me he'd be putting me in an ambulance if I had been  in a different car. I cried when I saw it at the salvage yard a few days later, not believing the extent of the damage. 

Cars can be replaced, people can't. 

I'm very glad Brian is okay and unharmed because it could have been so much worse given what happened, but I feel for him because he has put so much of himself into this car making it what he wanted it to be. Just a few weeks or so ago he was telling me how he had just broken 100k and looking forward to many more thousand to go. I rode in this car back in summer and those sho seats were very comfortable and the car was very sharp. I know he can build another to his liking, but I know it'll never be nosho. I'm excited to see what he gets as he's hinted at it and see what he does to make it even better!

Jeff

NOSHO is officially dead. :( Total loss. 

:( I'm sorry Brian.

I know we've had our differences, but that sucks, man. Glad you're ok, and I'm sorry about the loss.

I'm sorry about your car, Brian. The damage was pretty significant, but it's a good thing that the damage was on the car and not you. Hopefully you can find something new/er that makes you as happy.

Wonder if the other driver was cited for recklessness or speeding or whatever caused her to kill Nosho ... 

She has a court date next month. I fully intend to be present for the hearing. :ph34r:

Well that sucks. Sorry about the car. Glad you're ok though. Are you going to try and salvage anything?

Brian, Glad you are okay. Its a shame NOSHO is now DOA. Hope you get another vehicle you like as much.

Aw man!  That sucks about nosho!   Glad you came out unscathed though!  - could have been alot worse!!!!

A settlement has been offered. 

The total cost to repair my car and return it to the road instead would have been $7,340. 

Does she still have to show up in court ?   Always ticks me off in these situations when another driver causes so much grief.   :rant:

Sorry to see NOSHO go away dude. Happy to see your still okay! I hope you find a sweet "new" set of wheels soon.

NOSHO shall live on though multiple cars. She is to be an organ donor. In which her death will save the life or extend the life of multiple other bulls or martens.

Poor car :(

A lot of my craftsmanship is on it too. It sucks to see something I helped build up meet its match.

• Like 1

Does she still have to show up in court ?   Always ticks me off in these situations when another driver causes so much grief.   :rant:

If she doesn't want to add on a felony charge for contempt of court, then yes. ;) 

Well, 12 long, frustrating days later... I'll finally be receiving my insurance settlement check from State Farm tomorrow afternoon. Perhaps this weekend, I'll be bringing home the vehicle that takes NOSHO's place in my driveway. It can never truly replace that car, but I’m damn sure going to work towards making that happen eventually... :ph34r:

B)