I'm Back, And With A Different Car.

I never got the eclipse fixed. Too much work, totaled it basically. So i got a different car, just bought it yesterday, sight unseen, just photos and the descreption. Will be picking it up later this month, and i decided to say hello here, been a while.

So, what do you think i bought this time, i will give you a few clues to get ya started...make a game out of it.

It was produced on the north american continent

Is not a Taurus/Sable/Continental

has overhead cams

Is Blue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh what FUN. 

This is excitement right here, folks.

So, what do you think i bought this time, i will give you a few clues to get ya started...make a game out of it.

Oh what FUN

• Like 1

Okay the clues:

1. Bought a "car". That eliminates trucks, vans, SUV's, motorcycles from the mix.

2. Has overhead cams. Okay, sure, most engines today are overhead cam. Only helps eliminate the Corvette.

3. Produced on the North American Continent. Not a great clue, as many of the Japanese and European manufacturers have assembly plants here. It does eliminate BMW because their only product is the SUV X series. That still leaves Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda.

4. Unwritten hint. By posting here, it would imply a Ford. Considering the number of anti-Toyota, etc. "signatures" you would be at risk of a flame if it was any competing manufacturers (although this clue being unwritten could mean you want to rub our faces in it.)

5. It is not a Taurus/Sable/Continental. That leaves Mustang, Focus, Fiesta, and Crown Victoria.

6. Is blue. By posting this as a hint, my guess it is an old CVPI (Crown Victoria, Police Interceptor).

I was wrong on #6, it is actually a green, seller posted the color as "Sea blue" It isn't blue, but a rich green.

#5, going on the right track but it isn't a crown victoria.

#4, You may be right

#2 it is an older car

#1 100% right

It's a Chevy Cavalier with the Ecotec.

i guess everyone may have given up.

Here is the answer.

UDwrrU7.jpg

XqYGgGC.jpg

ruKOa1y.jpg

66VH92z.jpg

1996 Thunderbird 4.6L LX, with Electronic Climate Control, In Pacfic Green, and with a Traction-Lok Rear. 2000 bucks.

Things i do plan to to the car

1: Newer stereo unless it has the one with the factory amp, that isn't too bad, same as the 90s SHO and a slight pain to upgrade due to some wiring differences.

2: If it has the fully plastic intake manifold with plastic crossover for coolant, upgrade to later 4.6L Intake from a Performance Improved Engine, expensive swap but more reliable (aluminum crossover) and not much more work than just installing a new manifold, reroute a coolant line and use some silicone to adapt a coolant passage to the more square shape

3: Enjoy it, keeping it mostly stock except for replacing stuff with later part variants like the intake manifold, installing the 1994 mustang trunk lift supports (the little hydraulic things like a wagon has) which bolt right in. Basically make it like my 2003 sable, what it should have been despite being slightly decontented.

I have a spare updated pi intake manifold for sale.

Looks to be in good shape, not a bad price for the miles either.

I have a spare updated pi intake manifold for sale.

Looks to be in good shape, not a bad price for the miles either.

Does it have the modifications to be used on a t-bird? The coolant crossover and a few other things have to be modified for it to work.

Mmmmm, you'll love being in a Thunderbird. One of my favorites :wub:

Does it have the modifications to be used on a t-bird? The coolant crossover and a few other things have to be modified for it to work.

PI intake manifold requires PI heads. The intake should require no modification.

The plastic coolant crossover intake for nPI 4.6L engines (like yours and mine) was superseded by one with an aluminum coolant crossover type for nPI. That's what my car received after mine ruptured.