1997 Cd Changer Interface Data?

For newer cars of various brands, there are CD changer emulators that plug in place of the changer. They have a USB port of SD card slot. General usage is to have one folder per "CD" with up to 99 MP3 files per folder.

If there was such a thing made to replace the 6 disc changer Ford used in the 3rd gen Taurus and some other contemporary vehicles, it would be a very nice thing, with the ability to have up to 594 tracks accessible via the stock CD player controls.

But none of the companies making these things gives a bleep about vehicles this "old".

To design a changer emulator for the 3rd gen would require knowing the control protocol. I've seen kits for plugging a line input to the changer, so that part shouldn't be difficult.

Needs an MP3 decoder chip and amplifier to make the audio level right for the changer input, tricky part is intercepting the control signals and using them to operate the emulator.

Here's one for some 2003 and later Fords. http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_12391_Digital-CD-USB-SD-AUX-changer-emulator-adapter-for-new-Ford-quadlock-6000CD-6006CDC-5000C.htm

Another http://www.myplace.nu/mp3/yabbse/index.php?topic=1236.0

Hello.

Unfortunately the yampp-3 is too old project and it is only for mp3 format. I need also support FLAC format. There is a another project based on Arduino http://www.instructables.com/id/Ford-CD-Emulator-Arduino-Mega/?ALLSTEPS. This project is based on yampp3/acp firmware for yampp3 from url that you post in the end of your message. I also found some info about FordACP protocol.

I have a parts (amp/console/cd changer wire) for make a test system on the table. But i dont have a wire for connect console to amp.

I planning try to make cd changer emulator in the near future, but i dont have a free time. Maybe in Jan-Feb 2015.

Sorry for my English )

Edited by petrenko

That would be very good if you can get something working for late 90's Fords. :-) Make a working demo then crowdfunding for a production run.

Finding all the models of Fords that used the same changer as the 3rd gen Taurus/Sable would be useful data. Then you'd know who to promote it to.

That would be very good if you can get something working for late 90's Fords. :-) Make a working demo then crowdfunding for a production run.

Finding all the models of Fords that used the same changer as the 3rd gen Taurus/Sable would be useful data. Then you'd know who to promote it to.

If i make it, i place all info here