The 2002 Mercury Sa-Bley Ls

So, rumors are correct, I bought a 2002 Sable LS to temporarily replace the 1995 Taurus LX Wagon.

The 95 Wagon has too many issues, will post in it's respective thread.

But what I got now:

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

20141216_122124.jpg

The car features the following:

3.0L Duratec V6 DOHC

Leather interior with power driver seat, center console

Leather wrapped steering wheel

Leather wrapped shift knob

Power adjustable pedals

EATC

Alloy Wheels

Automatic Headlights

Fog Lamps

Broken rear bumper

Some rust

What I added already:
Mach Audio

The price wasn't bad, and quite frankly, I needed something more reliable for my fiancee. Not many big plans for the car. Only plans I do have for it are to fix rust, fix horn, clean it up, and add Amber lamps, which should be easy since Gen 4.5 Sables had it.

More to come :)

Also, I call it the Sa-Bley since apparently in Spanish, Sable would be pronounced as such. Sa Bley. And after my fiancee told me that, it stuck :)

• Like 1

There's a special feel in an Oldsmobile :wub:

I'll always have a soft spot for OIdsmobiles. It was the first car I really drove. My parents had a 1984 Cutlass Supreme 4 Door, was a beautiful car, and I miss it dearly. I wish I had more pictures of it and it's amazing interior.

Back on subject however, I had to buy this:

20141220_210040.jpg

Work has been torture, so I'll hopefully get it in on Sunday after work. Then I should have hopefully sexy heat... Because the heat sucks in this car with a bad blend door actuator.

Uh oh... Why would Brian do like that? At least we can be in an elite club where Brian sold us Sables :lol:

... That need tons of work :rofl:

• Like 1

lol!!! In his defense he never tried to sugar coat the car I was buying. I knew it had issues...he told me the most pressing issues up front. I know I rag on him a little but it's all in fun. So, Brian, if you read this. I still like my car even though she's being a b**** right now. Kevin seems to love his too!

• Like 1

Yeah, Brian didn't sugarcoat anything either. He was aware of problems it had. But for the most part, it's all there. Really it is just the blend door, and some rust that needs addressing before it gets to the wagon's point :( 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll buy a new Sable when I get a new Cutlass Supreme. :P

Yep. Why do you think they don't make Mercury's anymore? Too many problems lol

Damnit. I put the new blend door actuator, still getting a 24/25. And I did it the hard way by not removing the ICP Bezel.

Could be four things...

1. Bad RCC

2. Linkage broken

3. Replacement actuator is bad.

4. Bad wiring

I didn't mess with it much further.

Weirdly... I did nothing. I ran EATC Diag first time, after new module was installed. 24, 25, and 195. reset the system, ran it again, 24, ran it again, 24. Ate dinner, went to f**k with it again: 888. Ran it again, 888. Messed with it a bit, constant 888's.

Now, next issue. My oil pan is drenched in oil...

Edit: For s**ts and giggles I took my old blend door actuator apart. Seems the only reason it failed as some debris was stuck between the gears preventing it from operating. I cleaned it, and seems to operate. I shall keep as a backup.

Suffice it to say his weakness and treachery to the pushrod has been noted by the Order. :ph34r:

His treachery is duly noted. This sacrilege will not go unpunished. We must convene The Order at once and excommunicate this vile apostate.  :banned:

:evilB:  :evilB:  :evilB:

• Like 2

For the record, I found the Sable, because Brian told me about some used GM's in his inventory. After checking I found The Sable. All he did was went to his manager to approve the deal :P

Duratec leaking oil....well...oil pan soaked could be the sucky gasket (Felpro for replacement!!!), or the crank seal.

I wonder if Chart would chime in, I recall him saying he used gasket maker on each bolt and it fixed his.

Also, did a ton of shopping with the Sable, now I regret it :(

I had a full trunk, and full back seat. Now I remember the joys of a wagon. :(

I will attempt to fix my 95 Wagon. I can't give up on a beautiful wagon.