Winter 2014/2015 Snow Pics

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got one before it all melts lol. We had almost two feet accumulated over the past two weeks but it's melting quick.

*Waits for snow*

You, sir, don't have enough Tauruses.

Posted Images

Nothing measurable yet, but we are prepared...

002.jpg

Hey, I thought studs went in the rear. :pat:

Ok gues I am old school.

But I got 4/32 center on my rears, shoulders bare. It will have to stay in the driveway if it snows. IF? snowing right now.

Lin Cont got good shoes. It is easier to modulate off the stop. Got 2 bbl plates, progressive links so it is easy to ease off idle.

My DOHC '03 just wants to GO!

-chart-

Hey, I thought studs went in the rear. :pat:

Ok gues I am old school.

But I got 4/32 center on my rears, shoulders bare. It will have to stay in the driveway if it snows. IF? snowing right now.

Lin Cont got good shoes. It is easier to modulate off the stop. Got 2 bbl plates, progressive links so it is easy to ease off idle.

My DOHC '03 just wants to GO!

-chart-

ha well the rears are the old Kellys but they are around 7/32 center.

I love how trees look when the snow and frost hangs on them like that, very cool.

Some of the names of towns in Wisconsin are very hard to pronounce especially for outsiders. The combination of Native American and French can be tricky to the average U.S resident.

The best being Lake Butte des Morts near Oshkosh. Weyauwega has got to be right up there too.

Or the town I work in, Des Plaines. Saying "De plane" (like the short actor from Fantasy Island) is the most common one that we hear from out-of-towners. :P

Some fresh powder for the car to play in.  The super fine and light snow is really nice to drive in.  It was blowing around much harder when I got home and I must have sucked a lot in over the radiator because when I got home and left it running while I shoveled out the driveway I looked back and the front of the car was rolling out steam like crazy.

IMG_0675_zps34e3997c.jpg

IMG_0673_zps3e32b2e2.jpg

Of course the easy cruising was made possible by our friends at Firestone.

IMG_0676_zps758cdb95.jpg

White ass syndrome, and the frozen in place power antenna.

IMG_0677_zps972b289d.jpg

No pic needed:

Buffalo:

Overnight

Snow developing. Heavy lake effect snow late. Areas of blowing snow. Accumulation 4 to 6 inches in the most persistent snows. Windy with lows 10 to 15. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Friday

Areas of blowing snow in the morning. Heavy lake effect snow early in the morning. Additional accumulation 3 to 6 inches in the most persistent snows. Very windy and cold with near steady temperatures between 15 and 20. West winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph...diminishing to 15 to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Friday Night

Lake effect snow in the evening over the southtowns. Snow may be heavy at times. Additional accumulation 6 to 12 inches in the most persistent snows. Cold with lows 5 to 10 above. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph in the evening. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday

Lake effect snow moving back north into the Buffalo area. Some additional accumulation likely. Cold with highs 15 to 20. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday Night

Mostly Cloudy. Lake effect snow in the evening... then a chance of snow showers overnight. Lows 10 to 15. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph in the evening. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Once you read overnight, just repeat, repeat.

-chart-

Up to 33 F today and feels not cold at all. Guess I got used to the cold a bit now. No new snow to take a pic today.

2-4" over night predicted. Unfortuante it is not all that cold and will be messy wet stuff.

-chart-

One of my favorite pics of the new car so far. Will have to get a version without the dirt. Love patriot blue.

0111151133_zps010879bc.jpg

It snowed near my house in California 2 weeks ago in Temecula and Murrieta (3 inches....a lot of snow!!) Haha, just kidding. The last time it snowed was 8 years ago. 

Hope you all are doing ok on the east coast and mid-west with the cold weather! Hope it's warming up soon for you guys! :x:

That ain't nice. In fact your gloat "The last time it snowed was 8 years ago" is just downright mean. One thing I learned from my travels is how to swear in many languages.

English speakers usually swear with sex (probably some Victorian era inflence) or bodily functions of elimination. Like "F N weather."

The French use religion, Tabernacle, Sacre, Crisse. Ukrainians refer to disease: холера (pronouncec kholera). And those in the Middle East curse, such as "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits."

So with that in mind, "May your transmission fall out in the middle of rush hour on Escondido Freeway."  :)

• Like 1

Went to granson's middle school band concert this evening.

4F when we left. -4 when home at 9.

Taking the wife to hospital for day surgery early tomorrow.

Gonna be a cold start, followed by a boring day.

No snow, just clear and cold.

-chart-

That ain't nice. In fact your gloat "The last time it snowed was 8 years ago" is just downright mean. One thing I learned from my travels is how to swear in many languages.

English speakers usually swear with sex (probably some Victorian era inflence) or bodily functions of elimination. Like "F N weather."

The French use religion, Tabernacle, Sacre, Crisse. Ukrainians refer to disease: холера (pronouncec kholera). And those in the Middle East curse, such as "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits."

So with that in mind, "May your transmission fall out in the middle of rush hour on Escondido Freeway."  :)

You've obviously misunderstood what I posted. What I had said was, it is extremely unusual for snow to fall here where I live.

Lastly, I'm a bit of a Francophile in which I would like to point out that the Quebecois only swear using religion, but the French (from France) use swear words like us using as you stated bodily functions of elimination.

I guess my memories are a bit dated. Last time I was in France was 1970 and 1971. My aunt and uncle thought I was very "local" when I rolled down my window, shook my fist and shouted "Sacré Parisien!" at the driver that cut me off. But yeah, this is now more a Québec patois than France. (Our Québécois are more French than the French.) The French on the other hand are copying the English.

Also, I do not think I misunderstood your comment. Snow once every eight years is just not fair. This is like me commenting that our last big earthquake was magnitude 4 on the Richter scale sixteen years ago (and that I think was the result of an old potash mine caving in.)

E0E9239F-0739-4A89-A069-26513247CF41_zps

Got one before it all melts lol. We had almost two feet accumulated over the past two weeks but it's melting quick.

• Like 3

Couple of inches fell today.  It was that thick wet nasty snow that makes you feel like you're driving in mashed potatoes.  Saw a poor silver Taurus trying to make it up a slight hill here in the apt. complex, and all they did was fishtail. I took the long way around (a whole extra half mile)  and avoided the hill. 

And more snow due this weekend. Will do the routine grocery run to stock up on bread, milk, eggs and TP and stay home  :icon_lol: . it's what everyone here seems to do.  You'd think we were going to be trapped with no electricity for a week instead of one day at the most. 

post-21-0-12050300-1421891606_thumb.jpg

1bf2c2ab59bd8ceffb143598aba1f462.jpg SNO we havent had much this year been able to keep the car clean so far this winter :)

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1422113338921.jpg Have another snowy black sable

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's pretty much what my car looked like when I got out of work last night. Too dark for a pic though.

The "huge" winter storm didn't do much around here. Had 4-5", but by 11 a.m. sun was out, temps were warming up, wet snow was melting. 

I made one pass at the top of Third Bull with the snow brush and it all just slid down the side. Took about 5 minutes to clean. 

Next storm due Sunday night. We'll see how that one goes...

No snow to speak of this season, but 'possibly historic' storm tomorrow to Wednesday.

Send some pic when it is over.

-chart-