Sign in to follow this  
mmmfloorpie

Me On Google Street View!

After 2 years, Google finally uploaded the pictures where I spotted one of their cars taking the "street view pictures"!

I was able to take pictures of them too! Haha.

This was when I first spotted the car:

0817121302-00_zpsabd98a2f.jpg

And this is the angle from the Google car:

gm1_zpsb28095c5.jpg

Looking down the street at it:

0817121302-01_zpsf9ea7cce.jpg

Google looking back at me:

gm2_zps9d0365d9.jpg

An hour later after doing whatever it was I was doing at the time, I noticed that they were still in the area and caught back up with them before finally just going home:

0817121311-00_zps6d067a7a.jpg

And them back at me:

gm3_zps433a19f8.jpg

Back when I still had daytime running lights I see...

Any one else on Google street view too? Haha.

Edited by mmmfloorpie

Several years ago.  They came though our construction site, we were in the middle of a survey.  I was hiding in the trees on a hub with the grade rod.

Capture_zps823b13d1.jpg

2 years to upload?

The sad thing is, for the first 6 months, I'd check fairly regularly, maybe once a month to see if they had posted the new pictures. Then I just finally gave up and maybe checked once in the summer of 2013 (a year after) and then haven't checked since now really. For some reason my brother in law was on his phone tonight doing Google street view at my dad's house and he commented about how my car was parked in front. I knew that was odd because the pictures that were on there the last time I checked were from 2009. So I checked where I knew I had seen the car and sure enough, they had FINALLY uploaded them.

I spotted them in 2013,this was the first time the did a complete mapping of our city.I followed them around for a little bit so I might show up in a few different places,this is one of the better ones  https://www.google.com/maps/@40.9093859,-90.6509173,3a,75y,100.63h,63.25t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNi3zlQ0DHjNmGgt00zbN7A!2e0

here is one farther away

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.909278,-90.650922,3a,75y,34.14h,53.75t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMOp49rJwp2E2AjhXBpd3rA!2e0

I even found the one when we followed them in my brothers truck 

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.9194902,-90.6481074,3a,75y,255.89h,48.92t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqVlV_ulgPor_UO28QPPRzQ!2e0

he was driving I was in the passenger seat

Somewhere on Bing Maps I am caught working... Can't find it, but I did check Bing Maps Street view, and Brian's Taurus happened to be parked in my driveway :lol:

housebriantaurus.png

Probably a junkyard run or similar. :P

• Like 1

Found it!

work.png

I was inside my van, and got caught by the Bing truck at the end. My coworker was grinning like a pig in s**t at it though :lol:

HomeGoogle_zpsd75e972f.jpg

My '01 wagon in the drive, they have the address way wrong though. Only 2 houses on this street.

I am OK they cannot find my street address.

-chart-

You are not alone. Enter the following coordinates into Google Earth (52°12'20.17"N, 105° 8'25.77"W), click on the little camera, zoom around and wow, you can see someone in a red Taurus wagon (still with winter tires and wheels) taking a picture of the Google Earth Streetview car in my town taking a picture of the guy in the car taking a picture of the Google Earth car. Yep, that's me, back in 2011. Still there (actually still there in three different locations.)

VVSfo6B.jpg  

I posted that information under "Spot the rice" thread (I think) or some other thread at least once.

Edited by SHO-WGN
  • Like 1

I've got a friend that used to work for Google. He took me on a tour of the campus. It is HUGE. they actually leave bicycles around for people to ride from on building to another. They have everything you need there. Multiple restaurants, a huge gym, lap pool, showers, laundromat... The only thing they don't really have is a place to sleep overnight. There are nap pods, but no actual beds. Pretty awesome, really.

I don't think Bing does street view in Canada so I know I won't be on there, haha.

I hope Google Fiber comes to Illinois. I'd hope they'd want talented installers and pay well.

Somewhere on Bing Maps I am caught working... Can't find it, but I did check Bing Maps Street view, and Brian's Taurus happened to be parked in my driveway :lol:

housebriantaurus.png

Probably a junkyard run or similar. :P

That was the day we pillaged those two Gen 1's in Elgin for various parts.