Sign in to follow this  
TaurusKev

Complete Key Set For Gen 2 Wagon

Not sure what years are compatible, but I need the key locks.

Both doors (Preferably from a tan car with the lighted ring, it'll have a wiring harness attached to it)

Ignition

Obviously this depends on if the car has the set of keys in the car, and the keys work well.

Here's some diagrams:

doorlocks.png

Additional stuff I could use if you find a tan "mocha" interior:

The shroud that covers the steering column, upper and lower pieces - Non Column Shift

Passenger side A Pillar trim

If someone finds this, and wants to confirm prior, you can PM me at any time. I'll get back quickly.

1994-95 for the ignition/door locks, and 1990-95 for the liftgate/glovebox locks.

If I find myself back at U-Pull soon I'll grab a set if I can, I know I saw at least a couple Gen II wagons there last time and they usually have keys with them, although their inventory seems a bit short on Gen IIs right now. Might go this weekend since there's a couple new '80s Panthers there, but we'll see how much else I have going on.

Kevin... what did you do? :ph34r:

I was wondering that myself but I thought there must be a good reason not to mention why...

Also: If I do get a set from U-Pull the door lock bezels will evidently be blue, provided their inventory is correct.

I found the keys. They somehow got swallowed by the couch despite me flipping it over. So liftgate/glove is fine

I just need the locks for ignition and door locks. The ignition has been broken. I put another from a junkyard in for now. I may try and rekey it so if I can without destroying it, then I'll be good.

Remember, if you match the one key position common to the ignition and the door, you can have a new key cut to work both. I can't remember if it's feasible or not to rekey the ignition at all. I'm pretty sure the door locks aren't rekeyable without damaging them.

But on that note, go to the locksmith anyway and have a couple more sets of keys cut. A lot cheaper and faster than replacing all the locks.

Easier to replace the locks with a working set. I've just been so damn busy to go to a junkyard to get the supplies.

I did manage to locate a set. From a '95 SE so they have the illumination (if it works), although the plastic bit where the bulb is will need to be glued back in place on the passenger side lock. The "ears" on the ignition lock are a bit loose and turn a bit without the cylinder turning - you could probably tighten that up. Came with three keys including one original. Let me know if you're interested.

Hmmm, that's the same issue I originally had. The ears came loose, then one day I go to start my car, and the thing breaks off all together.

I can wait if it means I find a perfect set.