Sign in to follow this  
rdh2

Sylvania Headlight False Advertising Class Action Settlement

Just ran across this.

https://autolightclaims.com/mainpage/Notice.aspx

I know a lot of us have purchased these bulbs. I'm okay with free money. No receipts are required.

Class Members who submit valid claims are expected to receive a minimum of $10, depending on the number of claims filed.

I have Silverstars, but the receipt is long gone. I think I replaced them sometime back in late 2011 or early 2012, regardless if they were underrated, the lighting was still better than the lamps I pulled, and I find that good given the Panther's reputation for having poor lighting power.

A relay upgrade someday would be nice, but I'll live.

I always liked my Silverstars... They both burned out within a week of each other a couple months ago.

I've had three pairs of Silverstars across three different cars- four years on one set in the '05, 3 years on the second set in my sister's 02, then that pair got transplanted into my car after hers had to be demodded and sold- the originals started to fail and one of the had the lowbeam filament fail. And a third set currently found in Scarlett since this spring.

I've bought probably three or four sets since 05, ain't had problems with any, even the high dollar bulbs like xtravision. (Almost a year and ain't burned out)

Its only $10 once though the way it sounds, not for each set you bought.

And us poor cousins up here cannot claim (at first glance.) If anybody finds Canadians can claim, please post how you did it.

At the end of August, I received a check from Sylvania for about $11.75. Ballin'. :P

I only got $11.70!!!!! You owe me five cents SYLVANIA!!!!!!

Five cent charge in Michigan? Sounds like you forgot to return an empty can of soda for recycling. :P

Its 10 cents in Michigan.

• Like 1