Anyone With A 2010-12 Fusion.....

Hi, asking a huge favor to Fusion owners of the first gen, second facelift model.

Can someone give me measurements of the fog light housing opening? How long it is, how wide it is at the thin part, and how wide at the widest part? Much much appreciated if anyone can! Thanks!

Hi, asking a huge favor to Fusion owners of the first gen, second facelift model.

Can someone give me measurements of the fog light housing opening? How long it is, how wide it is at the thin part, and how wide at the widest part? Much much appreciated if anyone can! Thanks!

My dad has a '10 but he's out of town at the moment... Otherwise I'd measure for you.

Also, isn't that technically the "second generation" of the Fusion? Like the second generation of Taurus was just a warmed over first generation... Same with the fourth generation just being a warmed over third generation... Not to nit pick tho lol.

Edited by mmmfloorpie

My dad has a '10 but he's out of town at the moment... Otherwise I'd measure for you.

Also, isn't that technically the "second generation" of the Fusion? Like the second generation of Taurus was just a warmed over first generation... Same with the fourth generation just being a warmed over third generation... Not to nit pick tho lol.

That should be the case, but it isn't. 2006-2012 is all first gen, but 2010-2012 is considered a mid-generation facelift. Same platform, but the engines were tweaked and features added. Really, though, it should be considered gen 2. 

Sorry - but a 06-09 Fusion is not anywhere near the same as a 2010-2012 Fusion.  The bodies, interiors changed drastically.  So did motors, so did suspension setups.

That's like the same foolishness of calling a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Taurus the same Gen. 

I know, but according to Ford, Wikipedia, any automotive magazine, auto website, etc. they're the generation.

Which they all do for the Taurus, lol.  

The clubs/orgs don't always follow them.  I'm sure the same holds true for Camry, Accord, and other groups :-)

What further complicates the suspension question is the difference between the 'standard trim' and the sport/appearance package version. Its like the difference between s**t and chocolate.

The interiors are actually very similar, all that changed were the electronics and instrument cluster. Doors and body are the exact same, the dash is pretty much the same, just new front and rear ends. It's exactly like the gen 3 to gen 4 Taurus. If you broke it down by content I would bet that over 50% is carried through from the 2009MY. That does not justify a "redesigned" car.

I personally only consider it a facelift as Ford themselves called it a model refresh, not an all new car. Let's not be like GM and call the same thing "all new". At least Ford did give it 2 new motors and made sure the changes were big enough to make the car far more attractive to buyers.

Well, a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Taurus are very similar. Body panels are very similar, I think only things that truly changed between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 is the front clip, rear clip, and the dashboard along with some controls. Obviously small changes in powertrain was done, AXOD-E for example, addition of Essex in Gen 1, removal of the 4 banger.

But, I think at THAT time, Ford wanted to advertise it as a whole new car since it was out for awhile and keep it fresh.

IMG_20140922_080828_996.jpg

IMG_20140922_080946_709.jpg

IMG_20140922_080842_977.jpg

IMG_20140922_080936_864.jpg

I don't know anyone with one of those cars, sorry.

You are a lifesaver! Hate to ask three more measurements, one from the far left side up and down of the opening (the grill part not just the projector) and far right up and down where it widens up at an angle. And the measurement left and right of the opening of the housing itself, not just where the projector sits. Thanks man a ton!

Ford themselves called it a model refresh, not an all new car.

Right. I agree that I can see why they could be considered different generations but that's not what Ford planned or said.