double--negative

1996 Taurus - Red Bull Restoration

Leverage.

Nice.

• Like 1

For the record... I hate you :lol:

So many great resources at your disposal. Good luck with the car! :)

I should bring my wagon down to Tennessee... I bet it'd be a much better beast at the end lol

• Like 1

Yes.  And the cancer would stop growing down in TN in the unsalted counties.

The South truly is amazing. More reason for me to move back lol. Keep my babies safe :P

Stage I done: remove seats, carpet and dash.

Stage II done: pull all interior wire, airbag module, GEM module. Build EATC box and route vacuum lines.

Stage III done: pull body wire harness off firewall forward. Route new body wire through firewall. Lay new interior wire harness.

Stage IV done: rewire existing dashboard with new wire harness. Make repairs to dashboard. Install dash with 1999 upgrade autolamp, airbag network and EATC. 

http://www.taurusowners.com/uploads/garage_images/image_url-111-1422463223.jpg

http://www.taurusowners.com/uploads/garage_images/image_url-111-1422463245.jpg

Oooohhh. Looking amazing :)

Stage V half done: Original motor is out. Tranny is easier to remove this way. Came back from Atlanta yesterday with a gen3 SHO aero-wiper arm for her. Might be getting some special made DN101 parts for her soon.  :rottenbanana:

96uout_zpse30779c2.jpg

Old AX4N removed last week. Got the full body wiring done today. Tightened all the ground wires. The airbags require modifications, the drivers I had to change the plug connector from a '96 to a '99 parts so I could keep the original dash color. The passenger airbag requires changing the dashpad cover to use the '99 (two plug) airbag unit. That's a little tricky since it's tethered. Lined up a Duratec dual exhaust for it yesterday. Gen2 SHO sway bars (24mm / 23mm combo) coming soon along with rear struts.

I'm curious to see if that airbag throws a code or not. 99 is dual stage second gen. 97 is still single stage first gen system.

You are making pretty quick progress. I hate to say how familiar this project sounds to me...

Love following this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed. reading this in between work and working on my bmw lol

$hsad3 :ford::merc::Shady_J:

Finalizing all the electronics. Side tracked from the to-do list for funner stuff. 

1996dash_zps212bd17b.jpg

1996turns4_zpse24a3627.jpg

For some reason, the 5 digit keyless entry code was partially covered with a strip of black tape all the way around the anti-theft module. I only had 3 of the digits visible. Pulled the tape off and the code under it stuck to it. Just today I found the last 2 digits. So now the key pad works (lights up buttons, interior, unlocks doors and trunk), programmed a remote, the perimeter security system works- tested many times for fun, autolamp works and EATC looks to be working in every way except the blower motor and of course no manifold vacuum yet. :)

• Like 3

Excellent progress - congratulations :)  Nice.

Looks great, Jeff! What alloys are you planning on using once this project gets closed to finished? 

Might go with the polished starfish 16 inchers. That or keep the ones from before the build started. So many choices...

Hmmmmmmmm. Down the street a white late gen 3 on Lincoln LS chrome 17" wheels that looks VERY nice. I'll snap a picture when I see it next.

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
  • Like 1

HAHAHAHA! Why didn't I see this before!? I love this!!!  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:

Dems fightin' words! How dare you insult my melted blob jellybean catfish!

HAHAHAHA! Why didn't I see this before!? I love this!!!  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:

That is a great quote. Need to vinyl it across the windshield.

Hmmmmmmmm. Down the street a white late gen 3 on Lincoln LS chrome 17" wheels that looks VERY nice. I'll snap a picture when I see it next.

Oooh. :creeper:

• Like 1

Some older pics when I saw it in the wild lol. I think it might have spacers on it.

post-3362-0-72136800-1425240744_thumb.jp

post-3362-0-16164300-1425240775_thumb.jp

Big day. Got the motor and trans back in. :)  Painted my FSTB so it can go on tomorrow. 

Big day. Got the motor and trans back in. :)  Painted my FSTB so it can go on tomorrow.

Which FSTB do you have?

Which FSTB do you have?

A modified early build 2004 Duratec unit that was recently acquired. I figured I could grind and cut on one since I have two.