Yes. They did. I think it's more rare than a wagon picnic table :P

Anybody know of any other seats that would fit right into a 4th Gen? Maybe escape, or crown vic or something? Just kind of curious.

My '03 Sable LS Prem has power pas seat.

Lin Cont uses same seat base. You could use the seat base from JY Lin Cont.

-chart-

• Like 1

You can find them but not common. Only leather seat cars...only high series cars and on some years you needed to order a certain package. My 2000 has a power pass seat from a 2003 that I swapped seat fabric and cushions and lumbar over to.

My car has one from a 99 SHO.Different style switches than the 4th gen cars but works all the same.

My 02 SEL Premium doesn't have a power passenger seat, but going along with what Nick said, it was only on leather seats, which mine doesn't have.

But I have leather and don't have a power passenger seat, so not every leather SEL got them.

But I have leather and don't have a power passenger seat, so not every leather SEL got them.

I never said or implied that every leather SEL got them. I said you could only get them on leather seat models, and that mine doesn't have leather so it couldn't have a power passenger seat even if it wanted to have one. 

A gen 3 base might work, but Nick could confirm that..

A gen 3 base will work fine if that is what you can find. Just a few bolts to swap and a little tab to bend/remove for the belt buckle.

• 4 weeks later...

My 02 SEL Premium doesn't have a power passenger seat, but going along with what Nick said, it was only on leather seats, which mine doesn't have.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do#

Use Vehicle/Vehicle Lookup

Since it only the base, might find a base at the JY and switch bases, keep your seat.

Just a thought.

-chart-

• Like 1
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do#

Use Vehicle/Vehicle Lookup

Since it only the base, might find a base at the JY and switch bases, keep your seat.

Just a thought.

-chart-

Might just have to keep an eye out. Any idea what years are compatible with 03?

Might just have to keep an eye out. Any idea what years are compatible with 03?

The Lin Cont shares the driver's seat base but adds some memory stuff that is just added on.

I have a spare Cont seat base, and spare G-4 Leather driver's seat. Some difference in wires, but same motors, gears, and metal.

Cont might exchange as power pas is standard in the cont. And power recline. 

-chart-

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I just got a power passenger seat rail from the yard and after looking at the wiring on my manual seat,there is a yellow connector for the airbag and another connector for something else.. It is plugged in and the wires run towards the back of the seat..

Any help would be appreciated.. I also read the wiring may be under the carpet...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but I just got a power passenger seat rail from the yard and after looking at the wiring on my manual seat,there is a yellow connector for the airbag and another connector for something else.. It is plugged in and the wires run towards the back of the seat..

Any help would be appreciated.. I also read the wiring may be under the carpet...

SeatBelt_zps5a8e4825.jpg

Seat belt pre tensioner. Careful it is explosive charge.

Yellow connectors usually are airbag related.

-chart-