Sign in to follow this  
Bull Geek

Columbia, Sc Meet October 18/19, 2014

Date: October 18/19, 2014.

Looking to have another meet.  Have it spread over the weekend so those that have work requirements can make it.  

Saturday 10/18

General plan is for those arriving Saturday, we can hang out at the house, tinker with cars and what not, general BS.  Maybe go downtown for a pic next to the worlds largest fire hydrant.

meet at local BBQ place for dinner Saturday night.

My house is at: one hundred and twelve Rimer Pond Rd  Blythewood, SC 29016.

Sunday 10/19

Sunday 9-930AM, meet at the junkyard.  Pull A Part.  5702 Monticello Rd Columbia, SC 

Then cruise back to my house in Blythewood.  Line the vehicles up.  Get some pizza, ice cream, and other assorted food/drink and hang out.  Tinker with cars, BS for the remainder of the afternoon.  

Go to Lizard Thicket for dinner Sunday night (a local only chain restaurant with at least a dozen locations around Columbia).  Anyone whom has attended the meet before has enjoyed.

If you wish to stay at my place, I have room for maybe...4 people (1 in each bedroom, 1 on couch, 1 on floor).  I have only 1 bathroom.  If pushed, we could maybe put someone out in the kitchen, but that's pushing it.  

Otherwise, there are three hotels in Blythewood about 1 mile away from me: Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn and Comfort Inn.  All are very safe, very near to me, and very near the interstate I-77.

I'm gonna go ahead and tentatively commit to this, but its very near the wife's b-day, so that could change things a bit.

You know that I’m a tentative yes. Will take off from work as it draws closer. I also call "shotgun" on a spare bed or couch. :ph34r:

I'm in. Oct 18th and 19th in Columbia, then travel to Atlanta on the 20th and 21st :) .

Anybody have a list of car part goodies to be on the lookout for?

• Like 1

This is great to see :-)  Hopefully some other folks are interested in heading down as well.

• Like 1

I'm still looking for a un-scuffed right rear taillight, right rear door trim and the piece that goes right behind it for my Grand Marquis. It would be cool to find the matching color for the trim, but I also have a connection to get the piece repainted (most likely route). I just have to find one that has a good chrome strip still in it and the piece itself hasn't been mangled to crap.

The other issue I've had finding said parts, is that both are only on '95-'97 MGMs, which are turning up in yards infrequently when compared to the '92-'94s. Every model that matches the year I need has had the tail light smashed up and the trim ruined.

I'll be there!

And the 2000 [zombie] will be there for real this time!

• Like 1

I'll try!

• Like 1

I'll be there!

And the 2000 [zombie] will be there for real this time!

I'll believe it when I see it...

I haven't decided if I will be there yet or not. Right now the finances are too tight. If they loosen some by the time early October gets here then I should be able to make it.

I'm definitely looking forwards to this meet. 

Also, if Jeff hasn't gotten the Sable by meet time, then I'll have both my cars there, lol.

Matt you are welcome to stay at my house to save on lodging.  

Just about a little over a month to go.  I have a little under 4 weeks until I fly back Oct 11.  I have a station wagon sitting in my garage waiting for the rear brakes and front brakes to be repaired.  And new parking brake cables.  Not enough time...

I'm in. Oct 18th and 19th in Columbia, then travel to Atlanta on the 20th and 21st :) .

A 2001-2005 era working Escape moonroof, and interior door panels with trim in either gray leather or black

a working 4.6L RWD engine (I can pick it up in Knoxville) :D

a mazda 6 manual transmission for a 3.0L car

Confirmed, I have the weekend off from work for this meet. :)

Confirmed, I have the weekend off from work for this meet. :)

You shall not regret it!

:)

• Like 1

You shall not regret it!

:)

There had better be a certain beast-on-wheels present at this year's meet... :ph34r:

Maybe I should go....

You should come.

I wanna take on a particular Duratec again.

You should come.

My Tec would love meet a certain panther again that's all I know....

There had better be a certain beast-on-wheels present at this year's meet... :ph34r:

There will. There will ...

You should come.

Hey now. Whatever's going on here.....

I want in on...! ;)

Hey now. Whatever's going on here.....

I want in on...! ;)

Ask anyone traveling on I-81 in the evening during the Carlisle events. 

ShelbyRacer, I have a better idea how to deal with the situation next time. I got something I want to try.

Roach, you'll figure it out if he makes it. If not, I'll say it here later on. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I donno if I can, its a 12 hour drive and I don't have a credit card for a hotel. Gas would kill my wallet, and I still need to get to NY state for some certain parts for Allison...

Edit: Plus I don't think I can clear it with my parents, I know I can get them on board for NY since its a 4 hour drive. SC, I donno....

Edited by ShelbyRacer78