Ah very nice! And built in Korea.

Korean cars are built very well. Last Korean car I worked on was the Aveo, and let me say, they built that thing like a tank. Looks nice, and wtf, rear heated seats, AND access to the dealership's massage therapy room!? What the hell kind of dealership is this? I want in! :lol:

Korean cars are built very well. Last Korean car I worked on was the Aveo, and let me say, they built that thing like a tank. Looks nice, and wtf, rear heated seats, AND access to the dealership's massage therapy room!? What the hell kind of dealership is this? I want in! :lol:

Our sales guy explained that the massage therapy room makes it more appealing for the ladies to bring their cars in for service. We didn't even ask about it. The waiting room looked nice. They also had 2 large dogs (poodles) in the showroom that appeared to belong to one of the employees. They got lots of attention.

Ah, I don't like poodles. Give me a rottweiler any day of the week over a Poodle. :P

Poodles are evil. :ph34r:

Poodles, esp standard poodles are wicked smart dogs.  And agile.  I don't like their show dog cuts, just a simple no frills cut and with a good personality makes all the difference.

Back on topic...

That is a beautiful blue on the Genesis.  Seriously, nice metallic flake.  Cool.  Good to see you grabbed a CPO one.  V8 power.  Post up how it works in the snow.

Our sales guy explained that the massage therapy room makes it more appealing for the ladies to bring their cars in for service. We didn't even ask about it. The waiting room looked nice. They also had 2 large dogs (poodles) in the showroom that appeared to belong to one of the employees. They got lots of attention.

Sounds like they are an authorized Equus sedan dealer too, with those amenities being made available. Nice find. :) I've got one like that on the lot in pearl white. Also a CPO 4.6L V8 sedan.

Poodles, esp standard poodles are wicked smart dogs.  And agile.  I don't like their show dog cuts, just a simple no frills cut and with a good personality makes all the difference.

Back on topic...

That is a beautiful blue on the Genesis.  Seriously, nice metallic flake.  Cool.  Good to see you grabbed a CPO one.  V8 power.  Post up how it works in the snow.

Glad that you noticed, Nick. Hyundai uses a proprietary painting system at the Ulsan, Asan, and Montgomery, AL factories to create that kind of really rich, deep metallic finish.

Back on topic...

Thanks. I can answer how it works in the snow already. It gets parked on the lawn next to the Audi A6 wagon in the driveway which will provide transportation if needed. There are some internet videos about the Genesis in the snow. Apparently it can do well with good winter tires. However, speaking from experience (other people screwing up my drive home), AWD is the only easy way to get up a hill in slippery conditions (at least since they banned studded snow tires).

Edited by 2000_Gold_Taurus

Sounds like they are an authorized Equus sedan dealer too, with those amenities being made available. Nice find. :) I've got one like that on the lot in pearl white. Also a CPO 4.6L V8 sedan.

We saw the one you have. Turns out once we found out about the blue (which they canned for 2013), we had to get it in that color. You may notice that the A6 wagon is exactly the same color scheme.

I'm going to disagree with the 'well built' adage, but my only Korean car purchase was a new off the showroom 1999 Hyundai Tiburon. I blew the engine at 30k and again at 120k miles, the latter being considered out of warranty. Others have blown their relatively weak V6 engines of the early 2000s, but after 2004 I stopped caring about all things Hyundai.

I'm going to disagree with the 'well built' adage, but my only Korean car purchase was a new off the showroom 1999 Hyundai Tiburon. I blew the engine at 30k and again at 120k miles, the latter being considered out of warranty. Others have blown their relatively weak V6 engines of the early 2000s, but after 2004 I stopped caring about all things Hyundai.

Not going to get into a deep discussion, but Ford had a few transmission issues with the Taurus, GM has some ignition switch problems, Hyundai made less than stellar cars in the past, etc.

And *** cars will try to bankrupt you on repairs... :ph34r:

:P

Maybe for some, but if you DIY they will drive you to madness-thus making money irrelevant when they take you away to the 'happy home'.

German cars are money pits for those whom do not do their own work.  Doing your own work makes them rather affordable.  This may start becoming less and less true with newer cars though, ones that are loaded down with computers for every component.

Not going to get into a deep discussion, but Ford had a few transmission issues with the Taurus, GM has some ignition switch problems, Hyundai made less than stellar cars in the past, etc.

But...quality was job #1! LOL

I'm just saying that in the not so distant past, they had some issues. I think its a safe bet these days, but I can't bring myself to buy one.

And *** cars will try to bankrupt you on repairs... :ph34r:

:P

It's not just *** cars that bankrupt you. :mj_banana:

Annnnnnd there's my appointment for insensitivity training...

• Like 3

It's not just *** cars that bankrupt you. :mj_banana:

Annnnnnd there's my appointment for insensitivity training...

Took 2 seconds to get that. Very Good! Edited by 2000_Gold_Taurus