westred

Hello!, From A New Member Of The Forum.

Just wanted to put a shout-out "Hello" to all the other members of this Taurus/Sable Owners Forum & share my families latest "Surprise". Plus, I had been looking for a good Taurus/Sable Fo.Mo.Co. Owners Forum & after perusing a few, chose this one.

After being given a 2002 Mercury Sable GS, by a very (unnamed) charitable relatative, I am counting my blessings!

Just a small intro, if interested or just bored....LOL:

I have been disabled going on 8 years now & my wife is waiting for knee replacement surgery. My family (including 10-year old twins) have really been experiencing some very tough times the last 3 years.

Last week both our vehicles (a 98 Grand Marque w/210,000 miles & a 96 Cougar w/146,000 miles) went south 3 days apart & we were in dire straits.

Living on a fixed-income is hard enough (more expenses, not much change in income), but recent events, as the one mentioned above, really test your mettle. My disability involves a LOT of Chronic Pain & also recently made it impossible to drive.

I am hoping to share my knowledge, as well as experience with these auto's, as this is the third (Taurus/Sable) I have owned and worked on. My first being the first model year Taurus. After driving the wheels off that one & another earlier model, the 2002 Sable is a much more refined & reliable auto!

I am sure I will be asking some questiins, also. Having grown up in a Ford family, I have aquired a "First On Race Day" attitude, as opposed to "Found On Road Dead" misnomer.

Glad to be here!

Just wanted to put a shout-out "Hello" to all the other members of this Taurus/Sable Owners Forum & share my families latest "Surprise". Plus, I had been looking for a good Taurus/Sable Fo.Mo.Co. Owners Forum & after perusing a few, chose this one.

After being given a 2002 Mercury Sable GS, by a very (unnamed) charitable relatative, I am counting my blessings!

Just a small intro, if interested or just bored....LOL:

I have been disabled going on 8 years now & my wife is waiting for knee replacement surgery. My family (including 10-year old twins) have really been experiencing some very tough times the last 3 years.

Last week both our vehicles (a 98 Grand Marque w/210,000 miles & a 96 Cougar w/146,000 miles) went south 3 days apart & we were in dire straits.

Living on a fixed-income is hard enough (more expenses, not much change in income), but recent events, as the one mentioned above, really test your mettle. My disability involves a LOT of Chronic Pain & also recently made it impossible to drive.

I am hoping to share my knowledge, as well as experience with these auto's, as this is the third (Taurus/Sable) I have owned and worked on. My first being the first model year Taurus. After driving the wheels off that one & another earlier model, the 2002 Sable is a much more refined & reliable auto!

I am sure I will be asking some questiins, also. Having grown up in a Ford family, I have aquired a "First On Race Day" attitude, as opposed to "Found On Road Dead" misnomer.

Glad to be here!

Welcome from one of the tribe. Sorry to hear your issues, but sounds like you keep on doing your best. I'm on the other side of the hill, (74) but have 2 grandsons, 11 & 14 who are with us weekdays. Keep old coots busy. I'm on Bull # 6, #7, #8 in my stable, going to sell #6. Youngest 2 '03's. Do all my own work. And keep up out '02 Lin Cont.

Plenty of help here, just ask.

Again Welcome.

-chart-

Welcome to TSOC!

Thanks for the replies, good people! I have been driving Sables & Tauruses since thier conception in 1986. I will admit have driven Dodge Grand Caravans along the way also. I finally got tired of having to put up with some of the worst tannys ever put in a consumer vehicle. They were awful! Especially in cold weather. Living in Fargo, ND, I could really tell you some horror stories. The worse part was that Chrysler knew the problem with them & continued to keep pumping them out for at least 12 years without changing or fixing them. Led to a Class Action Lawsuit by buyers, but I never saw any recourse or compendation.

I am on my 2nd marriage & have 2 sets of twins & a daughter. They eere great for hauling a lot of kids & cargo. You could actually fit a 4'X 8' piece of plywood in them, too.

The first Sable I owned was an 86 GS that was made from 2 totalled Sables and welded together. I had a friend that was a master mind at "Frankenstiening" a totalled front & a totalled rear end. When the T/S's first came out, they were pretty successful sellers. Had a totally new, aerodynamic body style. I believe they surpassed the Honda Accord in sales fir a while in the 80-90's.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad to be part of this community forom......

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, westred. This is a great place to meet friends and love the car.

I live in Fargo while I attend school! I'm from the Cities originally. Welcome!

Excellent, another Fargo member! 

Welcome, friend!

Frankensteining sables, huh? Got experience in that department. My 00 Sable, we call Sally:

199823_1811049470666_721461_n.jpg

$had3 :ford::merc::Shady_J: