Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome Wolf

Wtb Steering Wheel

Hey all,

I'm looking for a particular steering wheel for my Grand Marquis. It is the older 4 spoke style with the horn buttons.

It looks just like this:

f497ef92da_640.jpg

There's a few catches:

1.) This style was used on '90-'95 models, BUT...

2.) ...it has to be Light Graphite, used on '95+ models, making that wheel/color combo a one year deal, so '95s will be the only suitable donors.

3.) Needs to have cruise control and horn buttons intact.

4.) I really would prefer leather wrap, but it still needs to be in good condition, something that could be cleaned (if need be) and be comfortable to hold. If it looks eaten, torn, cracked, or beyond disgusting, I don't want you to waste your time pulling something awful you wouldn't want to even carry around.

5.) You can grab the airbag if you like, if not it's fine, I can still source one if need be. I will use either a Ford or Mercury one depending on if the car the wheel is sourced from has it present, intact, and if you bring it along.

To identify whether or not the car you're looking at has a Light Graphite interior, see here:

19be6e.png

The second digit, in this case '2', will indicate this interior color. The first digit indicates interior fabric, so you can ignore that.

If you see one, take some pictures and let me know! Good condition ones will definitely pique my interest.

Should one be sourced, I will cover all costs related to the wheel (and airbag if taken) along with shipping via PayPal.

Same wheel as the F150 from 93 or 94 to 97, though I'm not sure the F150 ever had that color interior.  If it did I would imagine it would be easy to find.  Tons of those trucks in salvage yards.

Same wheel as the F150 from 93 or 94 to 97, though I'm not sure the F150 ever had that color interior.  If it did I would imagine it would be easy to find.  Tons of those trucks in salvage yards.

I thought the trucks and vans had one that was slightly different, where the rim was a bit larger and offset rearward.

(As an aside, I don't think I've ever seen one of those steering wheels in anything other than black.)

I thought the trucks and vans had one that was slightly different, where the rim was a bit larger and offset rearward.

(As an aside, I don't think I've ever seen one of those steering wheels in anything other than black.)

Yep. The truck and van wheels are different. I want to say the spokes brought the rim farther out from the airbag area. Also, the wheels used on Tauruses/Sables are a bit different too, so it has to be sourced from a CV or GM.