New window modules fully installed and I'm loving them SOOOOO much:

2 window modules installed:

The one touch up and down on all four windows from any inside switch is the absolute best. I've wanted auto down on at least the passenger front since I've had it, and this is 10x better than that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres the tail/brake/turn: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=170989429220&alt=web Here's the reverse: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221437420824&

->removes valve stems from Kevin's car<-:-) :-p

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/3157-switchback-led-bulb--dual-intensity-60-smd-led-tower,-a-type/1916/4478/

Turned off the Belt Minder. Man, that was obnoxious.

And before anybody says it, I do wear my seat belt everywhere, except in parking lots. I hate slow driving with a restrictive belt around me.

• 3 weeks later...

With the days getting shorter, I think it's time to look at new headlights. I've cleaned mine, but ultimately they've fogged again and one has been leaning water for a few years now anyways.

Anybody have thoughts on brand? Prefer not to have dormont. I notice rockauto has a pretty good deal on TYC with socket and bulb already in place.

Thoughts?

I have visions on my Sable now and the passenger side has started to fog up after 3 years of owning them, the driver side is great. I would like to get a new passenger headlight though... Paul (TaurusDailyDriver) knows which headlights to get for a taurus. IIRC TYCs are a good buy.

I have visions on my Sable now and the passenger side has started to fog up after 3 years of owning them, the driver side is great. I would like to get a new passenger headlight though... Paul (TaurusDailyDriver) knows which headlights to get for a taurus. IIRC TYCs are a good buy.

HeadLampSeal_zpse56a0f3b.jpg

HeadLampWater_zps73435c68.jpg

Have to watch the O-Ring as in the top pic. This one does not stay in place but slips out of the seal, leaving it open to weather.

My wet one, I drilled a hole in the corner as the pic shows, blew into it to find the leak, could hear it and as seen, used silicone to seal the open seal. Then removed the bulb sockets and used a fan on it to dry it out overnight. Plugged the hole with silicone and let it dry. No more water.

-chart-

I've never had an issue with TYC. Also I put a set of Eagle Eye headlamps on my step moms gen 4 and they're still great. That was over a year ago. 69.99 for the pair on ebay.

• Like 1

I just removed a set if Eagle Eye centennial look alike headlights from the 2002 in favor of the stock setup. Fit and finish was fairly good on these as well. The plastic did yellow a bit over 2 years but that's in the Wisconsin climate with 2 very rough winters.

The lenses would look perfect after a quick resurfacing with a 3M headlight resto kit.

• 3 weeks later...

With the days getting shorter, I've been driving more at night. I also felt like the cops are definitely eyeing me with those blue license plate lights. Ultimately, I decided I didn't like them anyways. Ordered up and installed some cool white LEDs. I like them much better.

472732293c5213766d70fcc88d38a78b.jpg

And I don't think the police will care. Win win.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Junkyard score:

811b35f49639bb09c279a0871cbeb470.jpg

Passenger double visor and A- pillar plastics (clips were broken).

Also, I got tired of people asking, "you got a cord?"

Installed an Aux jack:

d56627af90960b56e9e219deaccde3f8.jpg

Looks amazing! I just have my auxiliary cord hanging lol

• 4 months later...

2015 has already been a hard year for my family. Daughter has had to have a couple hospital stays, including a major surgery (again). Long story short, my budget will be small for the sable this year.

So instead of doing a full projector HID setup like I originally wanted, I went with a less expensive route.

New Eagle Eye headlights, switchback LEDs from superbrightleds.com, and an eBay HID setup from Innovited, with Bixenon bulbs at 6000k. They were much higher rated than many other kits. With new headlights properly aligned, they are BRIGHT and completely controlled. No blinding other drivers.

HIDs, LEDs, and new headlights.:

These completely exceeded my expectations. As you can see, the corner amber lights now match the headlights in color, until I turn on a turn signal or hazards, and they blink amber.

Slowed the LEDs blink rate down.:

With the first setup I had, the flash rate was a little fast for my taste, so I rummaged the garage and changed it up until they blinked at a slower pace that I liked much better.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the fogs next month, and work on changing all the other bulbs out to LED in between. With the new headlights, it's very clear that puddle lamps and interior lamps are old and dated now.

Finished up the LED swap. Dome light, map lights, trunk light, and transmission selector all swapped to LEDs now.

I'd post pics, but it's nothing that hasnt been seen before.

• Like 1