:flamethrower:

Both my Essexes outlasted their cars... one outlasted its transmission, the other was abused to the point of low oil pressure and wouldn't die. Took a teenage girl to slam it into something to get that car to die.

;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres the tail/brake/turn: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=170989429220&alt=web Here's the reverse: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221437420824&

->removes valve stems from Kevin's car<-:-) :-p

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/3157-switchback-led-bulb--dual-intensity-60-smd-led-tower,-a-type/1916/4478/

What's that chirping noise?

That's a an easy fix though, doesn't require removing the dash or wrestling an alternator out of hard to reach position. Its honestly more like a PM item, like a timing belt.  After 100,000 miles the CPS/synchro should be replaced, only costs $150 for a shop do to the work.

Cam synchronizer failure is closing in. Which if failure occurs leads to the death of the engine since the synchronizer drives the oil pump. The synchronizer also provides a signal through the CPS so the ignition can be timed.

Cam synchronizer failure is closing in. Which if failure occurs leads to the death of the engine since the synchronizer drives the oil pump. The synchronizer also provides a signal through the CPS so the ignition can be timed.

Ah. I see.

So does that mean if you hear the sound early, you could replace the synchronizer before it goes? Or is it already too late?

Chirping means it's time to replace. Mine started to chirp this past winter, ordered the part and had it installed a few days later.

Where did all my coolant go?  Oh IDK, cracked coolant jug, rusty heater hoses, water pump leaking, timing cover gasket failure...and why does my coolant jug look like rust?

Because Vulcan.

(I like both engines just playing along here, put the swords and daggers down).

• Like 1

I Reckon the 4 banger HSC Motor is safe... Because it can't even climb the hill to get to the party :lol:

• Like 1

I gave superbrightleds.com a call today and they confirmed what I had been thinking. My LEDs weren't blinking properly when the headlights were on due to cheap bulbs. I ordered the originals off eBay.

Ordered a new set today. Kinda spendy, but they assured me they would work.

We'll see when they come.

I gave superbrightleds.com a call today and they confirmed what I had been thinking. My LEDs weren't blinking properly when the headlights were on due to cheap bulbs. I ordered the originals off eBay. Ordered a new set today. Kinda spendy, but they assured me they would work. We'll see when they come.

I can't wait to see how this works out! Are the reverse lights still good to buy then? 

I can't wait to see how this works out! Are the reverse lights still good to buy then?

I've had zero issues with the reverse lights. That was a simple on/off circuit.

They explained to me that cheap dual intensities sometimes have an issue switching between the intensities. That's why they work properly with the headlights off, because then it was a simple on/off. But once the headlights/taillights were on, they couldn't switch over to the brighter intensity.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Got my new LEDs in. I was rather suspicious of them since they were clearly smaller than my eBay specials, not only in tower size, but also individual LEDs:

u7enyzav.jpg

But I popped them in, and I'll be damned if they weren't every bit as bright as the eBay specials.

I'd show a video, but the truth is there's no obvious difference other than they switch between low and high properly now.

And because I know he'll ask, here's the part number, Mark:

aje2e6u8.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Came up on a few unexpected dollars, so today I ordered new window modules. The new modules will allow me to remotely vent or roll down completely all four windows, and have one touch down from my door controls for all four windows.

Pretty stoked. Wanted these for a while.

Over the weekend, I had close to 700 lbs on the passenger side of my car for about a 45 min ride over a two lane, 55mph County Highway. First time I've had that kind of weight since rebuilding all the suspension. I was really impressed with the way the Moog struts held the weight. Poor car though, I could hear the unibody flexing with some of the bumps. Lol but she otherwise held it great. I was happy with the result.

Ever think about getting switchback LEDs for the front of the car?

Yea. I've found them, too. But for the ultimate color scheme i want to achieve on my front end it's going to cost $$$. So they've got to wait.