Sign in to follow this  
LOUDSHO92

Sho Source Gen3/4 Lowering Spring Group Buy Round 2

We have had increased interest in the Gen3/4 Lowering Springs. We are going to try and do another group buy. The great thing is testing is done and we just need 15 orders to have them made. Once we get the orders we will start production! This can take a couple months.

We are taking only full payments here: SHO Source Lowering Springs 96-07 SHO Source

It will lower the car: 1.75" Front and 1.5" Rear

The springs rates are:
Front: 225 lb/in
Rear: 140 lb/in

Orders:
1. Ty

Spring_Compare.jpg

Can I get these for my Sable?

damn people should be on these like hot cakes I'm glad I lowered mine already the stock wheel gap is horrible...

Got no need for replacement springs on the '05 at this point...

do it we need more lowered bulls in Chicago. Compare my bull with the eibachs to a stock bull it's a big difference and I think the front of mine could go another inch....if the shosource springs could provide that I'd be all over em...

That's stupid. Chicagoland has sheer acres of potholes, expansion joints, and speed-bumps. No way in hell am I lowering the car MORE.

I know CT needs A-LOT of lower bulls here..........

As does Saskatchewan. Alas, the total cost including shipping, taxes, duty and brokerage fees precludes any chance for me to order any at this time. However if enough orders are placed, then maybe a couple of extra sets might be made and when we drive down through Washington State, we could pick them up as part of our cross-border shopping exercises. I really do want these.

Psh... Lowering Springs... :P
To each their own though. :) Some look good with it.

• Like 1

AKeternal and I are on opposite ends of a spectrum. I'm old, he's young. I like lower (for better handling). AK likes the raised look. I am gravitationally challenged. When I sit in a car, it automatically goes down (do you now understand why spring rates are important.) AK no doubt has half the weight and so can soar with his head in the clouds. As AK said, "To each, their own."

While not super great, our roads do allow one to drive with lowered vehicles. The SVT-WGN is just one fantastic vehicle to drive. If the Taurus was just as low, I would be happy. The only thing that would make me ecstatic would be if I could easily covert the automatic to a manual (SHO-WGN was a dream); now have my eyes watching for an ST write-off.

Finally, there is the issue of SAS (Saggy Аѕѕ Syndrome). The wagon did not have it, the sedan does. What is the difference? Both should be equal (designed by same team) yet every sedan I have seen displays this annoying trait.

• Like 1

There is no way I would lower a Taurus more than stock ride height, especially living in the midwest.  Then you have to worry about hitting the front bumper on steep driveways, or scraping the exhaust when departing a steep driveway.  I like the car to be able to climb a standard curb straight on, the stock Taurus can do this, a lowered Taurus...not so.  Then there is winter, I prefer my oil pan and radiator to stay above the snow I am driving though.  Even with the SHO, the stock height is good for northern climates and road designs, any lower and your going to be smashing the front bumper on the road.  Then the real test for a lowered car...rail road tracks, bad things happen at rail road tracks when you have lots of freeze and thaw cycles. 

If I lived somewhere down south or in the perfect land of southern California then I'd consider them.  Those roads are designed for low cars, that's not the case in the north.

^ This. Much this.