Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got those windows darkened up.  35% all the way around.   I'll have to get a picture of it in the sun to get the full effect.  

First let me apologize for the trickery and deceit that has taken place, but I'm sure Brian will agree it was fun to fool with everyone.   After a quick flight down to South Carolina and a 15 hour,

Posted Images

Swapped the Centennial rims back on. Took it for a little ride and some pictures, and of course when the sun is going down because it looks so much better as dusk is approaching.

 

IMG_20160417_182911835_zpsbigwlmun.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The red paint on this car looks so much different in the afternoon sun than the late day sun, it looks like a completely different color.

The car also got to see its first high speed run of the year on the way to get those pictures. The road merges down from a divided 4 lane highway to a 2 lane highway. A newer Camaro, which I think must have been a V6 (because no way a guy in a SS Camaro gets shamed by a jelly bean Taurus) was behind me, but I guess he wanted to slip in front of me right before the road goes to 1 lane...well not so fast. I drive this road everyday to work and this happens a lot. I saw him jump out and speeding up fast, so I dropped the hammer. He tried but with that V8 spooled up I was too fast for him.  I think that guy seriously underestimated how fast my car was going to be and that his 300hp would easily fly past me.

And since the loudest car in the neighborhood is back on the road I get to see the reactions by all the people out working in their yards or walking down the street. I got 2 thumbs up, a few smiles, a few more dirty looks, and 1 daymn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaybrooks said:

I wanna put a SHO engine on my 01 Taurus I saw people that done it online I wann how hard it would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

It's hard. 

 

Your Vulcan is... supercharged? :huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
 

It's hard. 

 

Your Vulcan is... supercharged? :huh:

Not yet but people are telling me that it's not worth it but I'm going to do it ... My Taurus will be a sleeper

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@Jaybrooks I was going to do the same with my 2001 duratec before I fixed my sho.  The things to look forward to is a lot.

 

Power train and wiring

abs system

Dash and wiring. (could just use the cluster but the climate control wiring has to done)

seats of course

I think the fuel system might be different....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

This is for Mark, to knock that little Duartec back in its place, and for Josh, to remind him how good his cars could sound. I let off at around 6000rpm.  Anyone who knows the 3.4L also knows it sounds about 10x better when its under load.

I was amazed the 3.4L actually rocked the car back and forth a little, watch the tires.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Incognito Sports Car. As my coworker used to call that.

some amazing 8 cylinder sound...but what car was doing that? The Explorer in the parking lot? The suburban? We know it wasn't that Taurus (lol)....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

Incognito Sports Car. As my coworker used to call that.

some amazing 8 cylinder sound...but what car was doing that? The Explorer in the parking lot? The suburban? We know it wasn't that Taurus (lol)....

It still turns heads where ever I go with it, anyone who is remotely interested or knows anything about cars will take notice.

And don't worry Nick, I'm taking good care of it. Just wish I had more time to tinker with it or just drive it. It just rolled over 166,666 miles yesterday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

I'll take the Magnaflow muffler off the car and I'll show you what a duratec sound like with just the glasspack... Inb4 danny with the rice posts

I'm sure the Duratec is loud but it will never have that tuned performance V8 note.  That's whats so cool about the 3.4L. Around here most of the uncorked V8s are all trucks, truck V8s are harsh and make that nasty slapping sound at high revs. The SHO is a smooth note all the way to the top. I've been told multiple times when I was approaching and wasn't seen yet that people were expecting to see a Mustang or Camaro appear.

Ford guys will say Mustang, and Chevy guys will say Camaro because no way in their mind can a Mustang sound as good as the SHO Taurus.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thub said:

I'm sure the Duratec is loud but it will never have that tuned performance V8 note.  That's whats so cool about the 3.4L. Around here most of the uncorked V8s are all trucks, truck V8s are harsh and make that nasty slapping sound at high revs. The SHO is a smooth note all the way to the top. I've been told multiple times when I was approaching and wasn't seen yet that people were expecting to see a Mustang or Camaro appear.

That is very very true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A Thunderbird SC sounds damn good too for a V6 :P

 

But not that good... Damn I love that SHO Sound.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

I'll take the Magnaflow muffler off the car and I'll show you what a duratec sound like with just the glasspack... Inb4 danny with the rice posts

Don't make me post an exhaust sound clip of the 5.0, kid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 7:43 PM, Thub said:

This is for Mark, to knock that little Duartec back in its place, and for Josh, to remind him how good his cars could sound. I let off at around 6000rpm.  Anyone who knows the 3.4L also knows it sounds about 10x better when its under load.

I was amazed the 3.4L actually rocked the car back and forth a little, watch the tires.

 

 

images (1).jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even 5.0 enthusiasts I remember telling me the 3.4 just makes such a cool sound that you don't hear in other cars.  I loved getting ask "what kinda exhaust do you have?"

"catalytic converters and a resonator - factory OEM".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2016 at 10:22 PM, Thub said:

It just rolled over 166,666 miles yesterday.

Wow, I've almost caught up. I'm at 164,xxx right now. Last time I saw the SHO in SC in 2013 my car only had 115,xxx miles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2016 at 11:59 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Don't make me post an exhaust sound clip of the 5.0, kid. 

You still have the video of my old 4.6 lying around?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Angrod said:

Wow, I've almost caught up. I'm at 164,xxx right now. Last time I saw the SHO in SC in 2013 my car only had 115,xxx miles.

Remember for 2 years this car has sat from December to May not moving. I can't tell and don't remember how miles were on it when Nick sold it to me, the title is no help since its exempt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...