• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thub

Thub's 97 Sho

114 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2016 at 9:21 PM, Bull Geek said:

Even 5.0 enthusiasts I remember telling me the 3.4 just makes such a cool sound that you don't hear in other cars.  I loved getting ask "what kinda exhaust do you have?"

"catalytic converters and a resonator - factory OEM".

Nick,

Did you hear my 94 Lightning when you were up here? 5.8 GT 40 motor.

4 catalytic converters and two short turn outs just behind the door. That's all. It can get, errr, a little rowdy.

Next Chicago visit hopefully I can hear it - don't think I heard it - just saw it.

when are you moving south?

11 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

Next Chicago visit hopefully I can hear it - don't think I heard it - just saw it.

when are you moving south?

Still working on that little detail

The SHO is currently immobilized. No brake lights and stuck in park. New brake light switch is on the way.

Thankfully it decided to give out at home so its in the garage.

I had that issue with my car. Did you get the upgraded part or an exact replacement?

I had a problem with the gear shifter being hard to shift. I don't remember if there was a brake light issue.

This is what my mechanic installed: 

Brake Light/Shift Interlock Output Switch SLS239

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, Angrod said:

I had that issue with my car. Did you get the upgraded part or an exact replacement?

I ordered MC part SW2258 from RockAuto for $12.

6 hours ago, Thub said:

I ordered MC part SW2258 from RockAuto for $12.

Ok. The picture on RockAuto shows the upgraded part. I payed $40 something for mine but that was at the Ford service counter. They sold me the entire BOO switch replacement kit. It took another year before I got totally fed up and installed it. :lol:

So late Friday night I decided I would replace the brake light switch, as I began to take it apart I found that one of the wires to the connector had broken apart and was no longer connected. So on Saturday morning I ran to the dealership and lucky for me they had the new pigtail harness in stock.

The repair job went pretty well considering I was wiring and soldering in a very confined area, got it all put back together this afternoon and the SHO is now mobile. New connector and a new brake light switch.

Broken wire.

IMG_20161104_230914782_zpsjbu7mptj.jpg

Pigtail harness.

IMG_20161106_122935063_zps066zor8j.jpg

All wired and installed. The kit even included heat shrink for the repair.

IMG_20161106_162827510_zpskt1umns7.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm going to miss this car.

It still is a hot looking ride and with a background like this, its perfect.

AZZqUWi.jpg

As many of you may know I parted ways with the 1997 SHO yesterday. The new owners took it back home to Richfield WI, a northern suburb of Waukesha and Milwaukee. It was a great car and I'm sure they will enjoy it for many years. Its already registered and bearing Wisconsin Collector license plates. 

2 people like this

Who da new owner?

Adam and Michelle Hartlmeier.

1 person likes this

Cool off to SHO peeps!