• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thub

Thub's 97 Sho

114 posts in this topic

Because fuck subtlety. :P 

1 person likes this

Swapped the Centennial rims back on. Took it for a little ride and some pictures, and of course when the sun is going down because it looks so much better as dusk is approaching.

IMG_20160417_182911835_zpsbigwlmun.jpg

3 people like this

God, that delicious red candy coating... :o

2 people like this

The red paint on this car looks so much different in the afternoon sun than the late day sun, it looks like a completely different color.

The car also got to see its first high speed run of the year on the way to get those pictures. The road merges down from a divided 4 lane highway to a 2 lane highway. A newer Camaro, which I think must have been a V6 (because no way a guy in a SS Camaro gets shamed by a jelly bean Taurus) was behind me, but I guess he wanted to slip in front of me right before the road goes to 1 lane...well not so fast. I drive this road everyday to work and this happens a lot. I saw him jump out and speeding up fast, so I dropped the hammer. He tried but with that V8 spooled up I was too fast for him.  I think that guy seriously underestimated how fast my car was going to be and that his 300hp would easily fly past me.

And since the loudest car in the neighborhood is back on the road I get to see the reactions by all the people out working in their yards or walking down the street. I got 2 thumbs up, a few smiles, a few more dirty looks, and 1 daymn.

1 person likes this

I wanna put a SHO engine on my 01 Taurus I saw people that done it online I wann how hard it would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jaybrooks said:

I wanna put a SHO engine on my 01 Taurus I saw people that done it online I wann how hard it would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard. 

Your Vulcan is... supercharged? :huh:

It's hard. 

Your Vulcan is... supercharged? :huh:

Not yet but people are telling me that it's not worth it but I'm going to do it ... My Taurus will be a sleeper

@Jaybrooks I was going to do the same with my 2001 duratec before I fixed my sho.  The things to look forward to is a lot.

Power train and wiring

abs system

Dash and wiring. (could just use the cluster but the climate control wiring has to done)

seats of course

I think the fuel system might be different....

This is for Mark, to knock that little Duartec back in its place, and for Josh, to remind him how good his cars could sound. I let off at around 6000rpm.  Anyone who knows the 3.4L also knows it sounds about 10x better when its under load.

I was amazed the 3.4L actually rocked the car back and forth a little, watch the tires.

3 people like this

Incognito Sports Car. As my coworker used to call that.

some amazing 8 cylinder sound...but what car was doing that? The Explorer in the parking lot? The suburban? We know it wasn't that Taurus (lol)....

3 people like this

13 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

Incognito Sports Car. As my coworker used to call that.

some amazing 8 cylinder sound...but what car was doing that? The Explorer in the parking lot? The suburban? We know it wasn't that Taurus (lol)....

It still turns heads where ever I go with it, anyone who is remotely interested or knows anything about cars will take notice.

And don't worry Nick, I'm taking good care of it. Just wish I had more time to tinker with it or just drive it. It just rolled over 166,666 miles yesterday.

1 person likes this

I'll take the Magnaflow muffler off the car and I'll show you what a duratec sound like with just the glasspack... Inb4 danny with the rice posts

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

I'll take the Magnaflow muffler off the car and I'll show you what a duratec sound like with just the glasspack... Inb4 danny with the rice posts

I'm sure the Duratec is loud but it will never have that tuned performance V8 note.  That's whats so cool about the 3.4L. Around here most of the uncorked V8s are all trucks, truck V8s are harsh and make that nasty slapping sound at high revs. The SHO is a smooth note all the way to the top. I've been told multiple times when I was approaching and wasn't seen yet that people were expecting to see a Mustang or Camaro appear.

Ford guys will say Mustang, and Chevy guys will say Camaro because no way in their mind can a Mustang sound as good as the SHO Taurus.

3 people like this

Just now, Thub said:

I'm sure the Duratec is loud but it will never have that tuned performance V8 note.  That's whats so cool about the 3.4L. Around here most of the uncorked V8s are all trucks, truck V8s are harsh and make that nasty slapping sound at high revs. The SHO is a smooth note all the way to the top. I've been told multiple times when I was approaching and wasn't seen yet that people were expecting to see a Mustang or Camaro appear.

That is very very true. 

A Thunderbird SC sounds damn good too for a V6 :P

But not that good... Damn I love that SHO Sound.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ShelbyRacer78 said:

Don't make me post an exhaust sound clip of the 5.0, kid. 

1 person likes this

On 8/6/2016 at 7:43 PM, Thub said:

This is for Mark, to knock that little Duartec back in its place, and for Josh, to remind him how good his cars could sound. I let off at around 6000rpm.  Anyone who knows the 3.4L also knows it sounds about 10x better when its under load.

I was amazed the 3.4L actually rocked the car back and forth a little, watch the tires.

images (1).jpg

3 people like this

Music to my earssss!!! What's funny is that the '03 makes Barney sound like a Prius in comparison. Yet it still has mufflers on it..... 

Even 5.0 enthusiasts I remember telling me the 3.4 just makes such a cool sound that you don't hear in other cars.  I loved getting ask "what kinda exhaust do you have?"

"catalytic converters and a resonator - factory OEM".

On 8/7/2016 at 10:22 PM, Thub said:

It just rolled over 166,666 miles yesterday.

Wow, I've almost caught up. I'm at 164,xxx right now. Last time I saw the SHO in SC in 2013 my car only had 115,xxx miles.

On 8/7/2016 at 11:59 PM, Brian_05_SEL said:

Don't make me post an exhaust sound clip of the 5.0, kid. 

You still have the video of my old 4.6 lying around?

48245384.jpg

3 people like this

Well that's one contest I certainly won't  be participating in ! :P

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Angrod said:

Wow, I've almost caught up. I'm at 164,xxx right now. Last time I saw the SHO in SC in 2013 my car only had 115,xxx miles.

Remember for 2 years this car has sat from December to May not moving. I can't tell and don't remember how miles were on it when Nick sold it to me, the title is no help since its exempt. 

I can help with that... believe it was 156K. There's a picture on my prior iPhone.